Google Play Gift Card ® Australia Terms of Service
1. Eligibility and Redemption. Google Play Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) are valid only for users who are 13 years of age or older, and who are residents of Australia. Gift Cards are issued and sold to you by Google Payment Australia Pty Ltd (“GPAL”). To redeem a Gift Card, you will need access to the internet, you will need to create a Google Wallet account, and you will need to be a resident of and hold an active Google Wallet account in the jurisdiction specified in these terms. Gift Cards may be redeemed in whole or in part only toward the purchase of eligible items on Google Play at http://play.google.com.
For users between 13-17 years of age, Google Wallet enrollment is limited solely to the redemption of Gift Cards to be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only.
2. Limitations. Gift Card value may only be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for gift card purchase include books and subscriptions, as well as items in the device section of Google Play including phones, tablets and related device accessories. The Gift Card may not be used on other Google properties or on third-party websites. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined with non-Google Play balances in your Google Wallet account to make non-Google Play purchases, and the Gift Card cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law. If you have insufficient Google Play balances to pay for an item on Google Play, you may load another gift card to complete your purchase. GPAL may, in the future, provide functionality to enable you to purchase additional value using a credit or debit card so that you may complete your payment for that item. Once a Google Play Gift Card is purchased, the risk of loss and title for the Gift Card passes to the purchaser. GPAL disclaims all express or implied warranties as to the Google Play Gift Card and Google Play. Gift Card terms may be subject to change in our sole discretion, subject to applicable law.
3. Expiration Period; No Fees. Card value expires 2 years following the date of (1) card issuance, or (2) last activity on Google Play stored value account into which the card is redeemed, whichever is later. No fees apply to the Gift Card. No refunds. If required under applicable law, any refunds will be credited back to your Google Play balance for future use under these terms of service, unless otherwise required.
4. Fraud. GPAL will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is used to make purchases on Google Play.
5. Online Assistance. To view your Google Play balance in Google Wallet visit https://wallet.google.com/viewWallet. For online assistance with a gift card issue, please visit http://support.google.com/googleplay/go/cardhelp.
6. Limitation of Liability GPAL is not liable if your Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. GPAL makes no express or implied warranties, including warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the Gift Card except those imposed by law. In the event a Gift Card is non-functional due to a technical reason, GPAL will replace the Gift Card with another one with an equivalent balance. GPAL is not liable for any failure of a Gift Card to work in the manner described in these terms of service caused by a third party such as the failure of the internet, of a computer, mobile or other device used to access the internet, or of an internet service or mobile network provider.