GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD® TERMS OF SERVICE
May 1, 2019
1. Eligibility and Redemption. Google Play Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) are valid only for users who are 13 years of age or older, and who are residents of Canada. Gift cards are issued by Google Arizona LLC (“GAZ”), regardless of the identity of the issuer identified on the Gift Card at the time obtained by the user. To redeem a Google Play Gift Card, you will need access to the Internet, and you will need to have or create a Google Payments account for Canada. For users between 13–17 years of age, your Google Payments enrolment is limited solely to redemption of Gift Cards on Google Play. Upon redemption of a Gift Card, the redeemed balance will be transferred from GAZ to its affiliate, Google Payment Corp. (“GPC”), and thereafter maintained by GPC as Google Play balance in the user’s Google Payments account. Google Play Gift Cards must be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on https://play.google.com. Purchases are deducted from the Google Play balance by GPC. Any unused Google Play balance will be placed in the recipient's Google Play Gift Card account when redeemed.
2. Limitations. The Gift Card may be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g., phones, tablets and related device accessories) and certain subscriptions, see the Help Centre for more information. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined with other non-Google Play balances in your Google Payments account, and cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law. If you have insufficient Google Play balances to pay for an item on Google Play, you may load another gift card to complete your purchase. GPC may in the future provide functionality for you to purchase additional value using a credit or debit card so that you may complete your payment for that item. Once a Google Play Gift Card is purchased, the risk of loss and title for the Gift Card passes to the purchaser. GAZ and GPC disclaim all express or implied warranties as to the Google Play Gift Card and Google Play. Gift Card terms may be subject to change in our sole discretion subject to applicable law.
3. No Fees or Expiration. No fees or expiration dates apply to this Gift Card. Any refunded Google Play amounts, if applicable, will be credited back to your Google Play balance for future use under the same terms, unless otherwise required by law.
4. Fraud. GAZ and GPC are not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. GAZ and GPC will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on Google Play.
5. Online Assistance and Customer Care. To view your Google Play balance, visit https://payments.google.com. To speak to customer care, call us at 1-855-466-4438.
6. Limitation of Liability. GAZ and GPC make no express or implied warranties or conditions, including warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the Google Play Gift Card. In the event a Google Play Gift Card is non-functional, your sole remedy and GAZ and GPC’s sole liability will be the replacement of such Gift Card, subject to applicable law. If you live in a jurisdiction which disallows limitations of liability on implied warranties or conditions, or disallows the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, then some or all of the disclaimers may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.