GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD® U.K. TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Eligibility and Redemption. Google Play Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) are valid only for users who are 13 years of age or older, and who are residents of the UK. Gift Cards are issued by Google Commerce Limited (“GCL”) and may be redeemed for electronic money (“e-money”) by Google Payment Limited (“GPL”) To redeem a Gift Card, you will need access to the internet, and you will need to qualify for, and have or create a Google Payments account for the UK. Gift Cards may be redeemed in whole or in part and only toward the purchase of e-money issued by GPL to be used to make purchases onGoogle Play.
For users between 13-17 years of age, Google Payments enrollment is limited solely to the redemption of Gift Cards to be used for purchases on Google Play.
Gift Cards are issued either as set-value cards with which you can purchase a set value or as variable load cards with which you can purchase any value up to the applicable maximum value. Redemption of Gift Cards for e-money is at any time subject to applicable Google Payments caps. Once the Google Payments cap has been reached, you first need to make purchases of eligible items to reduce the balance before you are able to redeem further Gift Cards for e-money.
2. Limitations. The e-money purchased with a Gift Card may only be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play (“Google Play credits”). Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g., phones, tablets and related device accessories) and certain subscriptions, see the Help Centre for more information. The Gift Card may not be used on other Google properties or on third-party websites. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, the value purchased with it cannot be combined by you with non-Google Play balances in your Google Payments account to make non-Google Play purchases, and the Gift Card cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law. If the order value to be paid with Gift Card balance exceeds your available Gift Card balance, the transaction will be declined. Once a Gift Card is purchased, the risk of loss and title for the Gift Card passes to the purchaser.
3. No Fees or Expiration. No fees or expiration dates apply to the Gift Card. Any refunds of items purchased using your Gift Card, if applicable, will be credited back to your Google Play balance for future use under these terms of service, unless otherwise required by law.
4. Fraud. GCL and GPL will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is used to make purchases of e-money on Google Play.
5. Online Assistance. For online assistance with a gift card issue, please visit https://support.google.com/googleplay/card-help.
6. Limitation of Liability. GCL is not liable if your Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. GCL makes no express or implied warranties, including warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the Gift Card except those imposed by law. In the event a Gift Card is non-functional due to a technical problem, GCL will credit the Gift Card balance with the amount of balance that was on the non-functioning card. GCL is not liable for any failure of a Gift Card to work in the manner described in these terms of service caused by a third party such as the failure of the internet, of a computer, mobile or other device used to access the internet, or of an internet service or mobile network provider.
7. Previously Issued Gift Cards. As of 1 December 2014, GCL is the issuer of all Gift Cards and Gift Card balance, regardless of the purchase date of the Gift Card. GCL assumes all obligations and rights of Gift Cards from GPL, regardless of any statements to the contrary on the Gift Cards themselves. Nothing in this clause shall prejudice your rights to redeem and use Gift Cards pursuant to these terms.