GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD® AND PREPAID PLAY BALANCE TERMS OF SERVICE
May 1, 2019
1. Eligibility and Redemption. Google Play Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) and prepaid Play balance including redeemed Google Play gift cards, credits or gift codes (“Credits”) are valid only for users who are 13 years of age or older, and who are residents of the USA. Gift Cards and Credits are issued by Google Arizona LLC (“GAZ”), regardless of the identity of the issuer identified on the Gift Card or Credit at the time obtained by the user. To redeem a Gift Card or Credit, you will need access to the internet, and you will need to qualify for, and have or create a Google Payments account for the jurisdiction specified in these terms. For users between 13-17 years of age, your Google Payments enrollment is limited solely to redemption of Gift Cards and Credits. Upon redemption of a Gift Card or Credit, the redeemed balance will be transferred from GAZ to its affiliate, Google Payment Corp. (“GPC”), and thereafter maintained by GPC as Google Play balance in the user’s Google Payments account. Gift Cards and Credits must be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on https://play.google.com. Purchases are deducted from Google Play balance by GPC. Any unused Google Play balance will remain in the recipient's Google Play balance when redeemed. GPC may provide Gift Card and Credit purchasers with information about the redemption status of Gift Cards or Credits that they purchase.
2. Limitations. The Gift Card or Credit may be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card or Credit include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g., phones, tablets and related device accessories) and certain subscriptions, see the Help Center for more information. The Gift Card or Credit is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined by you with other non-Google Play balances in your Google Payments account, and cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law. If you have insufficient Google Play balance to pay for an item on Google Play, you may use a credit or debit card to purchase additional Credits so that you may complete your payment for that item. You may also load another Gift Card to complete your purchase, or may use a different form of payment altogether to purchase the item. Once a Gift Card or Credit is purchased, the risk of loss and title for the Gift Card or Credit passes to the purchaser or gift recipient, as applicable. GAZ and GPC disclaim all express or implied warranties as to the Gift Card or Credit and Google Play. These Gift Card and Credit terms may be subject to change in our sole discretion subject to applicable law.
3. No Fees or Expiration. No fees or expiration dates apply to this Gift Card or Credit. Any refunded Google Play amounts, if applicable, will be credited back to your Google Play balance for future use under the same terms, unless otherwise required by law.
4. Fraud. GAZ and GPC are not responsible if a Gift Card or Credit is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. GAZ and GPC will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card or Credit is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on Google Play.
5. Online Assistance and Customer Care. To view your Google Play balance, visit https://play.google.com/store/account. To speak to customer care, call us at 1-855-466-4438.
6. Limitation of Liability. GAZ and GPC make no express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the Gift Card or Credit. In the event a Gift Card or Credit is non-functional, your sole remedy and GAZ and GPC’s sole liability will be the replacement of such Gift Card or Credit, subject to applicable law. If you live in a state which disallows limitations of liability on implied warranties, or disallows the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, then some or all of the disclaimers may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.