GOOGLE PLAY GIFT CARD® SOUTH AFRICA TERMS OF SERVICE
May 1, 2019
1. Eligibility and Redemption. Google Play Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) are valid only for users who are 13 years of age or older, and who are residents of South Africa. Gift cards are issued by Google Arizona LLC (“GAZ”), regardless of the identity of the issuer identified on the Gift Card at the time obtained by the user. To redeem a Gift Card, you will need access to the Internet, and you will need to qualify for, and have or create a Google Payments account for the jurisdiction specified in these terms. Upon redemption of a Gift Card, the redeemed balance will be transferred from GAZ to its affiliate, Google Payment Corp. (“GPC”), and thereafter maintained by GPC as Google Play balance in the user’s Google Payments account. Gift Cards must be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on Google Play. Any unused Google Play balance will be placed in the recipient's Google Play balance for Gift Cards for future use. GPC may provide Gift Card purchasers with information about the redemption status of Gift Cards that they purchase.
For users between 13–18 years of age, your Google Payments enrolment is conditioned on the consent of a parent or guardian, and limited solely to redemption of Gift Cards on Google Play.
2. Limitations. The Gift Card may be used for purchases of eligible items on Google Play only. Limits may apply to redemption and use. Items ineligible for purchase using Gift Card include certain items in the “Devices” section of Google Play (e.g. phones, tablets and related device accessories) and certain subscriptions, see the Help Centre for more information. The Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or other cards, is not reloadable or refundable, cannot be combined by you with other non-Google Play balances in your Google Payments account, and cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred for value, except as required by law. The Gift Card is not a deposit instrument. If the order value to be paid with Gift Card balance exceeds your available Gift Card balance, the transaction will be declined. Once a Gift Card is purchased, the risk of loss and title for the Gift Card passes to the purchaser. GAZ and GPC disclaim all express or implied warranties as to the Gift Card and Google Play. Gift Card terms may be subject to change in our sole discretion, subject to applicable law.
3. No Fees or Expiration. No fees or expiration dates apply to this Gift Card. Any unused or additional Google Play amounts, if applicable, will be credited back to your Google Play balance for Gift Cards for future use under these terms of service, unless otherwise required by law.
4. Fraud. GAZ and GPC are not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. GAZ and GPC will have the right to suspend or close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on Google Play.
5. Online Assistance and Customer Care. To view your Google Play balance, visit https://payments.google.com. For online assistance with a gift card issue, please visit https://support.google.com/googleplay/go/cardhelp.
6. Limitation of Liability. GAZ and GPC are not liable if your Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. GAZ and GPC make no express or implied warranties, including warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, on the Gift Card except those imposed by law. In the event a Gift Card is non-functional due to a technical problem, GAZ and GPC will credit the Gift Card balance with the amount of balance that was on the non-functioning card. GAZ and GPC are not liable for any failure of a Gift Card to work in the manner described in these terms of service caused by a third party such as the failure of the Internet, of a computer, mobile or other device used to access the Internet, or of an Internet service or mobile network provider.