GOOGLE PLAY PROMOTIONAL BALANCE TERMS (SOUTH AFRICA)
November 8, 2018
A. General Terms
1. Promotional balances are issued by Google Commerce Limited (“GCL”). Unused promotional balances expire on the date specified in your promotional balance offer, unless that date is extended in accordance with these terms. GCL does not impose any fee on your use or maintenance of the promotional balance.
2. Your promotional balance is an offer of a discount off purchases, and does not have monetary value until it is used under the terms of the offer. It may be used for eligible purchases on Google Play only. Items ineligible for purchase using promotional balance include certain subscriptions (see the section for your country in the Help Center for more information) as well as items in the Google Store. It may not be used on other Google properties or third-party websites. Your Google Play promotional balance is a separate balance from any prepaid balance you may now or in the future associate with your Google Payments account. Your Google Play promotional balance may not be combined by you with any prepaid balances in your Google Payments account, transferred to other users or withdrawn for cash, is not reloadable, and has no cash value. Your Google Payments account may display your Google Play promotional balance as combined with other Google Play prepaid balances to show you the total value that can be purchased, for informational purposes only.
3. If you redeem more than one promotional balance into your Google Play account, each balance shall be treated, and shall expire, separately and in accordance with the terms and conditions of its issuance. You may apply multiple balances to a single purchase you make, with those promotional balances expiring earlier to be applied to the purchase first.
4. Upon making a selection from Google Play, any unused promotional balance will be applied to the purchase amount of your Google Play selection (prior to any available Google Play prepaid balance). You may continue to use your promotional balance for Google Play purchases until such balance is exhausted, or any remaining promotional balance expires, in accordance with these terms.
5. In the event you receive a refund of a purchase made with your promotional balance, any refunded amount will be credited back to your promotional balance for future use under these same terms. In the event a refund is provided for an expired promotional balance, GCL may extend the expiration date of the balance, unless prohibited by law.
6. GCL is neither a bank nor a deposit-taking institution, the promotional balance is not a deposit instrument, and your Google Play balance does not amount to a deposit placed with (loan borrowed by) Google or you. Your receipt of a promotional balance does not obligate you to make repayment to Google for the value of the promotional balance.
7. If you close your Google Payments account, or Google chooses to no longer offer Google Payments or Google Play, any remaining Google Play promotional balance associated with your Payments account will be forfeited.
8. You certify you are at least 13 years of age and a resident of South Africa in order to redeem a promotional code Terms for the specific promotion or the laws of your location may impose additional requirements, including, but not limited to, your receipt of parental consent.
9. GCL reserves the right to modify these terms of service from time to time in its discretion to the extent permitted by law.