An English Teacher's Advice on STEM - The K12 Engineering Education Podcast
English teacher and author Roxanna Elden talks about her tips for new teachers, how to form your personal Board of Advisors as a teacher, how to teach writing in any classroom, and more, in this discussion. She draws on her research talking to many other new teachers, as well as her own experience, to share advice.
Mentioned in this episode:
• Roxanna Elden on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RoxannaElden
• "See Me After Class" - book by Roxanna Elden: http://roxannaelden.com/sample-page-three/
• “Ten Writing Skills that All Teachers Can Reinforce,” article by Roxanna Elden: http://roxannaelden.com/2009/10/ten-resources-all-teachers-can-reinforce/
• “Teacher Dreams and Nightmares”: http://www.k12engineering.net/transcripts/ep16.html
• Roxanna Elden’s article on edtech: http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/rick_hess_straight_up/2011/11/the_relationship_status_of_teachers_and_educational_technology_its_complicated.html
Our closing music is from "Late for School" by Bleeptor, used under a Creative Commons Attribution License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0. Subscribe and find more podcast information at: http://www.k12engineering.net. The K12 Engineering Education Podcast is a production of Pios Labs: http://www.pioslabs.com.
Check out the book and ebook “Engineer’s Guide to Improv and Art Games” by Pius Wong, on Amazon, Kindle, Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble Nook, and other retailers: http://www.pioslabs.com/improv4design.html