Robots for Everyone! - The K12 Engineering Education Podcast
What do young people think about STEM fields today? Michigan STEM educator Danielle Boyer talks about her perspective as a recent high school graduate who teaches robotics to many young K-12 students. She talks about her lower-cost robot platform Every Kid Gets a Robot, her coloring books for STEM representation, young people’s college fears, and also her views on accessibility and diversity in engineering.
Episode cover art photo courtesy of Danielle Boyer.
Related to this episode:
• Danielle Boyer at the STEAM Connection: https://www.steamconnection.org/
• Every Kid Gets a Robot: https://www.steamconnection.org/robotics
• Fischer Unitech camps: https://www.fisherunitech.com/future-manufacturing-camp/
• ESP32 development board: https://randomnerdtutorials.com/getting-started-with-esp32/
• The STEAM Sisters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/steamsisters/
• Adafruit: https://www.adafruit.com/
• Rachel York, Community Manager at SolidWorks: https://forum.solidworks.com/people/1-3U2N7GF
• MythBusters: https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/
• Coloring books from the STEAM Connection: https://www.steamconnection.org/books
• American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES): https://www.aises.org/
• FIRST Robotics: https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc
• STEMedia: https://www.stemedia.org/
• Past episode “Digital Pop Culture for STEM” with Dr. Nehemiah Mabry of STEMedia: http://www.k12engineering.net/episodes/48
Subscribe and find more podcast information at: http://www.k12engineering.net. Support Pios Labs with regular donations on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/pioslabs, or send one-time contributions by buying us coffee: https://ko-fi.com/pioslabs. Thanks to our donors and listeners for making the show possible. The K12 Engineering Education Podcast is a production of Pios Labs: http://www.pioslabs.com.