012: Email Marketing for Artists - The Inspiration Place
Email marketing has really made a difference in my own art business.
Although there are a lot of experts out there giving advice about email, how do you build a list when you’re a visual artist?
When a lot of your interaction with customers is in person, how do you encourage them to sign up for your email list?
In this podcast, you will discover...
* 5 ways to get people to join your emailing list
* What you should be emailing to your list
* What software to use to help you do all this.
To get your freebie go to https://www.schulmanart.com/12 to get links to everything I use for printing and photographing
* (02:10) A typical situation where someone is viewing your art in person and asks for your business card
* (03:16) How Miriam gets people she meets in person on her mailing list
* (04:34) Miriam describes her sign-up postcards
* (06:52) Do mailing lists actually lead to sales?
* (07:25) How MailChimp works
* (09:37) Keeping track of your former customers
* (11:25) How to choose which email marketing program to use
* (11:52) The problems with using a spreadsheet to keep track of your mailing list
* (13:08) Strategies to get people to join your list
* (15:07) Things that don’t work
* (15:49) More ideas for getting people on your list
* (18:46) Why you should build an email list and stay in touch with your customers
* (21:17) Why you shouldn’t be afraid of emailing people
* (22:04) How often you should be emailing your list
* (22:56) What you should be sending to your list
Other links mentioned:
Artwork archive: https://www.schulmanart.com/archive