#42 - The End of Animal Farming, Effective Altruism, and the Quest to Expand our Moral Circle with Jacy Reese - Eat For The Planet with Nil Zacharias
Jacy Reese is the co-founder and Research Director of Sentience Institute, a nonprofit think tank researching how social movements succeed in expanding humanity's moral circle using the perspective of effective altruism.
discussed on this podcast, but are all tied to our food system and the future of food
Here’s what we covered:
* Whether there are technologies being developed, especially genetic engineering tech in animal farming that may prove to be a hindrance to the adoption of clean meat and plant-based proteins
* What is the role of farm animal advocates when large-scale farming of animals goes away?
* How to select the best animal charities to donate to. How can people who want to donate their money to charities evaluate the best organizations to support that will most effectively use their money
* We also get into some amazing research his non-profit has done which found 50 percent of Americans want to ban slaughterhouses.
* As well as The work he’s doing to expand societies moral circle and what’s the best way to message it to bring about social change. Lastly, we get into how to prepare society for a future with artificial intelligence Pre-order the Eat For The Planet book at https://eftp.co/
Show notes for this episode: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/episode-forty-two-jacy-reese
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get 15% off all Four Sigmatic products, including their popular Mushroom Coffee Elixirs, Mushroom Hot Cacaos, and Mushroom Matcha! Shop at: foursigmatic.com/eatfortheplanet. Follow Nil Zacharias on Twitter
Newsletter signup: http://eepurl.com/cTT7Tv
Like #EatForThePlanet on Facebook
Contact us at email@example.com