How to Build a Two Sided Marketplace & Fixing Car Maintenance - Greg Tepas / Founder of CarAdvise - Tech In Chicago
Greg Tepas is the Founder and CEO of CarAdvise, a startup that makes car maintenance easy and transparent. CarAdvise acts as a personal auto repair concierge and advisor for car owners. They provide an unbiased opinion on proposed work and estimated cost to save car owners from the traditional mistrust and stress associated with car repairs.
In This Episode You Will Learn:
* Why Greg decided to build CarAdvise
* How commercial car fleets typically handle repairs
* How to begin building a two sided marketplace
* How CarAdvise makes money
* How the product has evolved
* Impact of self driving cars on the car repair industry
* Why you should be talking to everyone about your startup
* Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
* 41: A Portrait of My Father by George W. Bush
* Propllr: a Chicago public relations firm that helps startups and innovators build credibility and awareness for their companies, people, products and services.