M.R. James, Ghost Stories of an Antiquary - Supercontext: an autopsy of media
In our 2016 holiday episode we look at the forgotten Christmas Eve tradition of telling ghost stories. M.R. James' work from over a hundred years ago best represents this Victorian trend, so in his honor we bring horror to academia and safe spaces.
iTunes direct link
Google Play direct link
* How Did Antiquarians Become Action Story Heroes?
* Ghost stories: why the Victorians were so spookily good at them
* Christmas Ghost Stories: The Ghost of Christmas Past Goes Further Back Than You Might Realize
* M. R. James' Ghost Stories Work Eerily Well in This Graphic Fiction Form
* Telling ghost stories is a lost tradition on Christmas Eve