Entrepreneurship in Engineering - The K12 Engineering Education Podcast
Mechanical engineer and PhD student Sadhan Sathyaseelan cohosts with engineer-entrepreneur Pius Wong in today’s episode. We talk about Sadhan’s experience learning that engineering students want to be business leaders, and we brainstorm ideas for teaching entrepreneurship in schools. We also discuss our favorite entrepreneurs and learn about new trends to teach entrepreneurship as part of engineering in K-12.
Mentioned in this episode:
• High school engineering curriculum from the University of Texas at Austin: http://engineeryourworld.org/
• Interview with Connie Hu, Cofounder and CEO of Arcbotics (“Building a Startup in Educational Robotics”): http://www.k12engineering.net/transcripts/ep12.html
• Book about market validation, “If You Build It, Will They Come?” by Rob Adams, Professor at The University of Texas at Austin: https://www.amazon.com/You-Build-Will-They-Come/dp/047056363X
• Video of Falcon rocket landing from SpaceX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhaD8XLoOl4
• LinkEngineering online resource: https://www.linkengineering.org/
• Roller Coaster Tycoon video game: http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/
Mentioned in the post-show notes:
None this time!
Our closing music is from "Late for School" by Bleeptor, used under a Creative Commons Attribution License: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0. Subscribe and find more podcast information at: http://www.k12engineering.net. The K12 Engineering Education Podcast is a production of Pios Labs: http://www.pioslabs.com. Help Pios Labs continue! You can donate at: https://www.patreon.com/pioslabs
Also check out these projects from Pios Labs:
• Engineering Word Of The Day (EWOTD) podcast: http://engineeringwordoftheday.com
• Guidebook “Engineer’s Guide to Improv and Art Games” by Pius Wong, on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other retailers: http://www.pioslabs.com/improv4design.html