The Shining -- All the Way - Supercontext: an autopsy of media
Together with guest Jack Bennett we compare and contrast all 3 versions of The Shining: Stephen King's novel, Stanley Kubrick's film and ABC's television mini-series. What does this horror tale of alcoholism and domestic violence say about redemption and narcissism?
iTunes Direct Link
Google Play Direct Link
* Meyers, K. (1997). Frightening strikes twice. Entertainment Weekly, (374), 44.
* Thomson, D. (2013). Days and Nights at the Overlook. New Republic, 244(4), 56-58.
* Parker, J. (2010). A Killer Vacation. Atlantic, 306(1), 34-36.
* What Stanley Kubrick got wrong about “The Shining”
* Book vs. Film vs. Mini Series: The Shining
* What The Shining miniseries reveals about the King/Kubrick divide
* 'The Shining' by the numbers
* Is Stephen King justified in hating Kubrick’s vision for The Shining?