08 - Leading Middle School Small Groups - Talking Squirrels - The Middle School Ministry Podcast
In this episode, I talk about leading a middle school small group! It's a crazy thing, but it can also be really great! A key point is to know your audience. You aren't dealing with seminary students. You've got squirrelly 11-14 year-olds. Here are my big tips:
I talk about:
* Acknowledging the weird and the silliness of your time!
* Setting up expectations for the amount of "in-depth" Bible study you'll get
* Asking questions that get students talking
* Some tips for playing games during small group!
* Ending with concrete, actionable application
Got a middle school ministry question?
Need student ministry resources?
Check out www.downloadyouthministry.com
Want to see my resources? Click here.