Episode 032: May the On-Demand Economy Be With You - The Commerce Marketer Podcast: Talking eCommerce, Email Marketing, Retail, and More
Consumers love to get things they want - when they want them. The on-demand economy has disrupted traditional consumer services, much like ecommerce and online marketplaces disrupted traditional retailers. From on-demand grocery delivery to rideshare drivers delivering dinner, the on-demand economy is continuing to evolve.
In this episode of The Commerce Marketer Podcast, I am joined by Scot Wingo, founder of the on-demand car care service Spiffy. We’ll discuss how the on-demand economy has changed over the past several years, common reasons why on-demand companies fail, challenges with user adoption, and how to evolve and grow in an increasingly competitive space. And what the heck – we’ll even talk some Star Wars too!
In this episode you’ll hear about:
• Has on-demand hit its peak or are we just starting?
• The biggest challenges of starting an on-demand business.
• Lessons on-demand customers can teach online and omnichannel retailers.
• Challenges Spiffy faced with scaling and how they overcame them.
• What Amazon taught Scot about an effective on-demand business.
• How listening to customers propelled the business forward.
• Which data points can suggest the right markets to expand to?
To contact Scot or learn more about Spiffy / Channel Advisor:
www.GetSpiffy.com | @GetSpiffy | @ScotWingo | Jason & Scot Show | www.channeladvisor.com
We welcome your feedback and invite you to share any topics you’d like to hear about. Greg.Zakowicz@Bronto.com | @WhatsGregDoing |