Get Smart Twitter Marketing Results with Jay Baer - Twitter Smarter Podcast with Madalyn Sklar - The Best Twitter Tips from the Pros
Jay Baer is the founder of Convince & Convert, a company that provides social media and content marketing strategies to top brands. He’s also a digital marketing expert, keynote speaker at events all across the globe, he’s a New York Times best-selling author, an investor in tech start-ups, founder of 5 multi-million dollar companies, and he’s also a blogger and podcaster.
In this episode, Jay shares 3 strategies that helps him up-level his Twitter marketing. He talks about how GIFs are the ultimate snackable content, how a personalized URL shortener is great for branding, and why scheduling your tweets at the right time will improve its visibility and get you great results. Episode Highlights:
* Jay recommends using GIFs in your tweets. They get much more attention in the stream and a lot more interactivity in engagement from people.
* In his experience, Jay says GIFs are more engaging than a static image or even a short video.
* GIFs are visually interesting. The 3-second loop is the ultimate snackable content.
* Try this: the next time you’re on a Twitter chat, use GIFs in some of your tweets. You are sure to get noticed and will see an increase in your engagement.
* Jay talks about using two different URL shortener types in his tweets.
* For other people’s content, he and his team at Convince & Convert will use a regular bit.ly link shortener.
* For content he and the team creates, they use their own custom link shortener: candc.ly.
* If you’re tweeting at scale and with regularity of your own content, Jay suggests getting a custom URL shortener. It’s not expensive. And it’s a great way to be in tuned with your branding.
* Hear Jay talk about his posting strategy where he schedules tweets to go out a few minutes before or a few minutes after the top of the hour. If your audience is in business, their day is ruled by calls, meetings and appointments. Most of these start and/or end at the top or bottom of the hour. For instance, 1-1:30pm or 2-3pm, etc. Jay is publishing content in that short, micro-window like say 12:57pm, 2:02pm or 2:58pm.
* Jay says: “Be thinking about what is your audience likely to be doing in each minute of each hour.” Tools, Links and Apps Mentioned:
* Convince & Convert – Jay’s company provides social media and content marketing strategies to the world’s most interesting brands.
* Giphy - world's largest library of animated GIFs.
* BudURL – link management platform with custom short domains and custom shortened URLs.
* Bitly – link management platform.
* RiteTag – find the best hashtags for your images and texts.
* Buffer – social media management platform
* Insightpool – influencer marketing platform that helps identify relevant influencers in your market space.
* CoSchedule – marketing calendar for everything you need organized.
* Article: The Beginner’s Guide to URL Shorteners: How to Shorten and Track Links for Social Media How to Reach Jay:
You can reach out to Jay on Twitter @jaybaer and his website jaybaer.com and at convinceandconvert.com. Your Call-to-Action:
Your call-to-action for this episode is to experiment with the time of day you’re scheduling your tweets. Use the micro-window Jay talked about. Give it a try. Send me a tweet @MadalynSklar and let me know if you notice a difference. Are you getting better results? I want to hear from you! Sponsor:
This podcast episode is brought to you by audible – get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial. I recommend Jay Baer’s book, Hug Your Haters. It’s really good! Shout Out to My Patrons!
I would like to personally thank my patrons who support this podcast. Thank you Alesia, Samantha, ViviMar, Courtney, Jim, Sinem, Lina, Tomas, Marilyn, Rick, Echo Twelve, Juli, Donna, Emma, Brandi and Kim. Find out how you can support this podcast too. Ask Me Anything!
I want to answer your questions about Twitter. Leave me a voicemail at MadalynSklar.com/speakpipe and I will pick a few to…