Q&A with a Chemical Engineer - The K12 Engineering Education Podcast
What does a chemical engineer do? What makes a good one? What should young people know about the field? Chemical engineer Will Mullen helps us answer these questions and more. Will is a Process Engineer and Engineering Manager at a manufacturing plant for specialty chemicals in North Carolina. Before that he managed facilities and worked in chemical plants in Texas and Georgia, and he has been involved in youth leadership for many years.
Related to this episode:
• NC State Chemical Engineering: https://www.cbe.ncsu.edu/
• Skype a Scientist: https://www.skypeascientist.com/
• NC State Engineering Ambassadors: https://www.engr.ncsu.edu/academics/undergrad/engineering-ambassadors/
• Engineering Grand Challenges from National Academy of Engineers: http://www.engineeringchallenges.org/
• Cradle-to-Grave Assessment (Life Cycle Assessment): https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/cradle-to-grave-assessment
• Solar sails: https://www.planetary.org/explore/projects/lightsail-solar-sailing/what-is-solar-sailing.html
• Educators, you can contact Will about chemical engineering: firstname.lastname@example.org
• South by Southwest EDU: https://www.sxswedu.com/
Subscribe and find more podcast information at: http://www.k12engineering.net. Support Pios Labs with regular donations on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/pioslabs, or send one-time contributions by buying us coffee: https://ko-fi.com/pioslabs. Thanks to our donors and listeners for making the show possible. The K12 Engineering Education Podcast is a production of Pios Labs: http://www.pioslabs.com.