Episode 039: Making CLTV Bloom With Email Marketing Segmentation - The Commerce Marketer Podcast: Talking eCommerce, Email Marketing, Retail, and More
Think of the last time you bought flowers online. Chances are it was for a specific occasion. Most retailers selling occasion-based products obsess about driving repeat purchasers while minimizing churn — easier said than done. This is why segmentation and targeting tactics across digital channels is critical for achieving long-term customer loyalty.
In this episode, I’m joined by Phil Irvine, CRM Director at online floral retailer Bouqs.com, who knows this story all too well. You may recognize the name from their appearance on ABC’s Shark Tank, but this time they’re on The Commerce Marketer Podcast where we discuss email marketing and segmentation strategies, driving customer lifetime value, and segmenting across digital channels.
You’ll hear about:
• How The Bouqs approaches their email segmentation strategy.
• Segmentation tests, what they found to lift conversions, and why segmentation changes seasonally.
• How to value different acquisition and retention channels and how they impact messaging and offers.
• Preference centers and how your product offerings and AOV affect them.
• KPIS to determine customer value and how product variety increases their loyalty.
• Phil’s no. 1 piece of segmenting advice.
To contact Phil or learn more about The Bouqs Co:
The Bouqs Co: https://www.bouqs.com/
Phil Irvine: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pirvine
I welcome your feedback, invite you to share any topics you’d like to hear more about, or let me know if you're interested in becoming a guest. Greg.Zakowicz@Bronto.com | https://twitter.com/WhatsGregDoing
This episode is brought to you by:
The Bronto Marketing Platform powers personalized multichannel content that generates the higher engagement needed for retail success. Keenly focused on the commerce marketer, Bronto continues its longstanding tradition as a leading email marketing provider to the global Internet Retailer Top 1000 and boasts a client roster of leading brands, including Rebecca Minkoff, Timex, Lucky Brand, Theory, Brooks Sports, Ashley Homestore and Christopher & Banks. For more information, visit http://www.bronto.com