#47 - Fora: Reinventing Butter and Getting Your Startup Off the Ground - Eat For The Planet with Nil Zacharias
Aidan Altman and Andrew McClure are the founders of the up-and-coming plant-based food startup, Fora. Their signature FabaButter is made using aquafaba, the starchy water that comes in cans of chickpeas, and is palm oil free – two traits that set their product ahead of many butter alternatives out on the market.
In this conversation, we talk about:
* What motivated Andrew and Aidan to start a food company
* What they learned from other existing butter substitutes to help guide their own ingredient list and marketing decisions.
* The struggles of launching a food start-up and what they have done to start building their brand from the ground up.
* How Fora will stay original in the face of an increasingly saturated dairy-alternative sector
* Marketing tips and advice they have picked up so far along their journey.
Get the Eat For The Planet book at https://eftp.co/
Show notes for this episode:
Follow Nil Zacharias on Twitter
Newsletter signup: http://eepurl.com/cTT7Tv
Like #EatForThePlanet on Facebook
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org