Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit: https://support.signal.org
Source code: https://github.com/signalapp
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
Nov 30, 2022
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
The app is amazing, and I love the security focus. Moving the data from one phone to another was smooth as butter BUT: I used it for a couple of years with no issue but the newest version was Android 11. Now I moved to 13 and oh boy the battery drain is incredible. I noticed it is something that pixel users have been lamenting for a while now but it seems not to be addressed so 3 stars: 5 on Xiaomi, 1 on Pixel (would have been zero) we average at 3.
7 people found this review helpful
December 4, 2022
Pretty good way to make video calls and such in a private way. But it doesn't handle "recipient is currently not connected to the internet" well, on your end it will seem like the call has connected and is currently ringing (you hear the dial tone) but the ring isn't actually going through on the other person's end! It should really wait for confirmation that the call attempt has connected before playing the dial tone. Once connected though it is great, better than alternative internet call app
25 people found this review helpful
Show review history
December 4, 2022
I have really liked signal so far. I switch from WhatsApp because of their changing privacy conditions. Signal is much more private. The quality of the app isn't much different from WhatsApp. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because I have downloaded pictures from signal to my phone a few times and the only way to do it is 1 at time. It's really frustrating that you can't just select multiple pictures to download. Also, video quality is poor when you video call someone.
57 people found this review helpful
★ You can now make in-app donations to Signal using your credit card as well as Google Pay. Thank you for your support! We have no advertisers, no investors, just you.