- Automatically alerts when auroral activity is high enough
- Current auroral activity based on Kp and history graphs
- Auroral oval map customized for all locations
- NOAA Kp predictions within the next few hours
- 3-day aurora forecast
- Solar wind and IMF data
- Configure when you can be alerted based on sky darkness
- Filter out alerts based on current cloud cover
- Several local K-indices available for the most up-to-date activity
- Moon phase calendar included
When first launching Aurora Alert, it will find your location from GPS or cell networks, and then configure your settings based on the results. Users can then adjust any settings, if they wish. Aurora Alert will then update in the background, as often as you wish, and will alert you to possible aurora sightings when the conditions are favorable. You’ll never miss a chance to see the northern lights again!
Aurora Alert is configured to run as efficiently as possible. Automatic updates will download only 5KB of compressed data per update, which spares users of downloading needless data against their limits. It also runs only when it needs to, and no more, which helps save battery life and frees up for RAM for other apps. Note that since Aurora Alert needs to update in the background, certain task killer apps can prevent it from updating. So if you run any task killers, Aurora Alert will need to be on the ignore list in order to keep updating.
For more screenshots, see the website link below. Your feedback would be appreciated.
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Recent auroral activity and forecast data is provided by NOAA POES and Geophysical Institute at UAF.
- Recent Auroral Activity from NOAA POES
- Aurora Forecast from Geophysical Institute
- Push Notification Alerts
- Supporting graphs
- Stunning new layout
Aurora Forecast works with Android running version 2.1 or later and all iOS running version 4.0 software or later.
[What people are saying]
"I really like this app. We live in Alaska and love it. We saw the aurora last night and it was beautiful. Thanks for creating duh a great app!!."
"Luckily we saw a tremendous Aurora display last night in Sweden, where we learned of your App."
" For me it is one of my most useful and handy apps I have."
"All I was waiting for is push notification alerts!! Thank you."
"Great app! ★★★★★ I'm glad I've found this app!"
"Tonight’s northern lights were incredible, thanks to solar explosions"
"I just love it!!!!!
- Please visit us and share your photo and feedbacks.
Web : www.tinacinc.com/AuroraForecast
Twitter : @AuroraForecast
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/AuroraFcst
Email : email@example.com
App tells you when you need to go out to see Northern Lights. App uses several data sources to tell you when it is possible to go out and see Northern Lights.
Northern lights is the name used for the Aurora Borealis seen in the Northern Hemisphere. Northern lights are colorful, dancing light phenomenon visible in the northern sky.
Charged particles emmited by the Sun stream towards the earth at 300–1000 km/s, as a solar wind. The solar wind curves around the earth, steered by its magnetic field. When the electrically charged particles strike oxygen and nitrogen molecules in the atmosphere, energy releases become visible as light. The strongest northern lights occur at around 100km above the Earth.
To best way to see northern lights is to find a place without much light pollution, such as street lights. The sky needs to be clear to be able to see the phenomenon. Usually the best time to see auroras is between 11 am and 6 am. You can see northern lights from october to march. The northern lights are visible on 200 days during an average year.
Long ago there was a fox living in the northern fells. During winter months the fox ran across the snowy fells. The fox was a helper of Santa Claus, delivering messages between the elves and Santa Claus. Christmas is a really busy time for Santa and his helpers, so the Fox had to run as fast as she could. She ran so fast that her tail created sparks. When you see lights over the northern sky, you now know that there is a messenger on the way to Santa Claus.
Then this App is your trusted friend!
It simply makes you aware if it could be possible to see the greatest nature show.
The service is still in beta.
Stay warm outside people and bring with you some hot chocolate mug!
UPDATING BUG IS NOW FIXED.
This app gives you updates and alerts for the short-term Aurora Borealis (and Aurora Australis) forecast from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute. Great for knowing when to get outside to see the northern lights.
You can also view the most recent satellite data for both the North and South poles, as well as the most recent short term predictions on a map for 5 areas:
(Do a long press on the image to select.)
Ideas and requests for features which you would like to see in the app should be either emailed to me, or left in the comments. Thanks!
Space weather is the dynamical way in which the Sun affects the near-Earth space environment and our technological systems. Disturbances are cause by solar flares and coronal mass ejections (CMEs) and these impact high frequency (HF) radio communications, GPS navigation accuracy, power line transmissions, cell phones, and satellite orbits. Space weather even creates the aurora. For example, say that a flare occurs and you want to know its effects at Earth right now. The App uniquely extracts data from real-time, operational systems linking the four major space environment domains (Sun, solar wind, magnetosphere, thermosphere/ionosphere). With a tap of the finger you see a detailed chain of energy events including SDO Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA) solar images, the Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) solar wind calculations, and even the real-time ionospheric TEC, i.e., the entire energy transfer from the Sun to the Earth. Solar index forecasts are also provided. You will definitely want this application to see all the action in real-time when violent flares and powerful CMEs affect us during solar maximum (2012-2014).
This application has been developed as a collaborative educational project between the Utah Sate University's Space Weather USTAR initiative (www.innovationutah.com) and Space Environment Technologies, LLC (www.spacewx.com). The App serves as a platform upon which 16 diverse organizations collaborate to integrate 112 real-time products using a distributed, operational network.
Select from 112 near real-time space weather images and data figures of the Sun, the Solar Wind, the Earth's Magnetosphere, and the Earth's ionosphere/thermosphere!
View the near real-time solar images, X-rays, and solar wind conditions as observed for the GOES, SOHO, STEREO, ACE, and SDO satellites.
View maps of the near real-time ionospheres's global and regional TEC and HF radio propagation, which are updated every 15 minutes.
View the forecasted F10.7 and X-ray flare probabilities up to 6 months in the future.
View the geomagnetic NOAA ap index, and Dst Indices from Kyoto, SEC, CCMC, and the USGS.
View the geosynchronous orbit particle fluxes as measured by the GOES satellites, and see the historical and predicted spacecraft charging at geosynchronous orbits.
View the convenient solar wind dials from Rice University for a quick snapshot of solar wind conditions.
View the current and predicted solar wind from the NASA Coordinated Community Modeling Center (CCMC).
View the current Aurora Ovals to see where the aurorae may be visible.
View the Sun's far-side active regions from the NSO/GONG program.
Connect to a wide range of other space weather data via web page links.
Save your favorite images to your gallery folder, or bookmark your favorite near real-time images for quick access as a set of linked images, or email an image to your friends.
Quickly calculate sun and moon activity.
* Calculates the following data:
- Solar noon
- Twilight times
- Equation of time
- Azimuth of sunrise and sunset
- Altitude of sun at noon
- Moon rise
- Moon transit
- Moon set
- Azimuth of moon rise and moon set
- Altitude of moon during transit
- Date of next new/full moon
- Sun Path during the day
- Moon Path during the day
- Solstice and Equinox dates
* Specify a location by :
- GPS receiver
- list of more than 30000 cities
- WGS-84 coordinates
* Any date between 01/01/1901 and 01/31/2099 can be selected
* Special layout for tablet devices (8-inch and larger)
* Information can be shared on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that the accuracy of the calculations decreases for locations north of 65°N and south of 65°S
Get notifications about increases in geomagnetic activity - triggered when the AuroraWatch status level changes; this indicates the relative likelihood of viewing an aurora in the UK.
See the current alert status.
Read last 24 hours recent history.
Report aurora sightings (requires logon).
Forecast model from SWPC.
AuroraWatch UK is in Beta - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
The app does not alert historically. If your phone is off or out of range when the status goes up but the level goes back down before the next data update you will receive no notification.
The AuroraWatch UK (Android) app is developed and maintained by Smallbouldering Projects, it is not an 'Official' app.
AuroraWatch UK alerts data is provided by Lancaster University, UK using data from the SAMNET and/or AuroraWatchNet magnetometer networks: Read more about this here:
- Cloud cover
- Lunar Phase
- Lunar Altitude
- ISS Passes (automatically localised)
- Support for GPS-only devices
- Support for devices with no location services (manual long/lat entry)
- NEW overview graphic
Astro Panel is entirely free. If you would like to support me as a developer, please download my game, Finger Shepherd! (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shibby.fingershepherd)
This lightweight astronomy app detects your location and uses it to instantly give you a forecast that is highly localized and works worldwide.
***Uses 7Timer's Astro Panel to achieve this (see http://7timer.y234.cn). The forecast grid and key are loaded directly from this website***
Please note I am not affiliated with 7Timer in any way.
Please contact me with any bugs/feedback!
7Timer!, pronounced as "Tri-Timer", means "bell of clear sky" in Chinese. It is a series of meteorological forecast products. Most of the products base on a numeric weather model from NOAA/NCEP, called GFS, and aim on short-term (up to 16 days) weather forecast service for special purpose, for example, astronomical activities, or meteorological condition assessment. 7Timer! was first introduced in mid 2005 and has been revised for better fitting of public service operation in mid 2008. It's first designed as a weather forecast tool for astronomical purpose, as the author himself is a long-term astronomer and is always annoyed by fluky weather conditions.
When you install the widget onto your phone's home screen, a configuration dialog allows you to select what happens when you tap the widget. To change this preference, remove the widget from the home screen and then add it back to the home screen.
Widget icons and labels indicate the following:
- The power of the strongest solar flare in the past 24 hours
- Current sunspot number
- Current 10.7 cm solar flux, in sfu (solar flux units)
- Current 3-hour average planetary Kp index (probability of aurora increases with Kp index)
- Btotal and Bz interplanetary magnetic field in nano-teslas (probability of aurora increases with south-facing Bz)
These values are updated every thirty minutes.
Please email me if you encounter problems, or with suggestions to improve the widget - thanks!
Note: Requires NEON CPU Feature (i.e Phones in the last year have that):
You can check for that with this app
You can select different graphs, colours, units of measure,background image, update rate,data text size, bookmarks, web site bookmarks even (tip: bookmark your favourite first changing the URL and adding that to the 2nd bookmark), speech setup, included more data screen as well and "meso" data screen (list of bookmarked stations), and now a QR reader to read in a clientraw URL
Use the phone home button to hide the app...it will go to sleep in the background....when you want to see the latest weather data, just re launch it..will come up on screen in an instant (unless it restarts) then just tap the screen to get it to update again :)
Note: Does not currently work with Version 5.0 of Android
Sky News Weather has the following:
- Weather for over 20,000 Australian and 1500 International locations
- Real-time observations for temperature, wind speed and direction, relative humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am
- Trend arrow for current temperature
- 7-day forecast
- Next 24hrs 3-hourly forecast
- Interactive Radar
- GPS search for current location
- UV rating forecast
- Pollen rating forecast
- Sunrise and Sunset times
- Dynamic backgrounds that change as the weather does
- Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia
Data in this app is supplied by Weatherzone and the Bureau of Meteorology.
This Android application has been developed with the help and support from the original AuroraWatch UK application on the iPhone, please see https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/aurorawatch-uk/id946141347?mt=8 for more information.
AuroraWatch UK is a free service run by Lancaster University, indicating the likelihood of an auroral sighting from within the UK.
This AuroraWatch UK Android app, developed in association with AuroraWatch UK, allows you to have this data at your fingertips on your phone, alerts as in on the iPhone sent directly to your phone.
Monitor the UK's geomagnetic activity in real-time.
Aurora notifications (Yellow, Amber, and Red)
See how likely an auroral sighting is.
View last 24 hours data and plot's.
The app is available on phones and tablets
A page of useful links
Report any sightings.
Когда я обнаружил, что четверть телефонов в моих контактах - это телефоны такси различных городов, я понял что пришла пора написать это приложение. Теперь все такси можно держать в Таксинаме. Кроме того есть рейтингование, комментарии и сортировка по количеству звонков.
На данный момент в базе только телефоны такси из тех городов, которые я посещал. Это в основном Россия, Украина и Беларусь. Если вы не видите своего любимого такси, то смело его добавляйте :)
Если у вас какие-то вопросы, предложения или проблемы то, пишите на email@example.com и я постараюсь их решить.