Install the app on both your Android devices, pair them, and start sharing!
You can share with any app (including SMS messaging, BlueTooth, Copy to clipboard, ...), and you can choose the WhatsApp shortcut to quickly share with it.
This app is not affiliated in any way with WhatsApp Inc., quick links to WhatsApp are there just because that's what I wrote this app for: to share stuff from my PC/tablet with friends on WhatsApp.
Download the companion Chrome Extension to enable sharing between your desktop/notebook and your Android devices: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mghncekchoedpbbpidmeohijjgjlpgib
The app works both under WiFi or your 3G network, as it uses Google Cloud Messaging to deliver messages.
The app is completely free and open source (GPLv3), you can find the code on GitHub: https://github.com/micheleb/WhatsHare
On GroupMe, you can catch up with your family, get a group together for a night out, coordinate with co-workers, or just gossip with a few of your closest friends. Think about it like your own private Twitter, just for the people you really know. Or like a faster, better reply-all email.
No matter how you think about it, "you won't know how you lived without it once you give it a shot." -Gizmodo
Now a part of the Skype family.
Chat with a group
- Start groups with the people already in your phone's address book… no need to remember usernames or PINs.
- The conversation starts instantly. The app uses your data connection, so even Android tablets can join in on the fun.
- When you have a poor connection, the app will let you start receiving your messages via SMS instead. You'll never miss a thing!
- Share the group with people you want to join with a simple URL. It's perfect for when you don't have everyone's phone number — or when you're not sure who will want to chat with you.
Get fancy with it
- Share photos inline – take them on-the-go or choose them from your Camera Roll. Check out the Gallery to see all the photos shared in each group.
- Attach your location to any message so nobody gets lost.
- Give your group an avatar — choose anything that represents your group.
- Tap the heart next to any message to "like" it and spread some love.
Send a private message
- Take your private conversations outside the group.
- It's just like free texting… send all the messages you want and you'll never pay a cent.
Connect the app just once, and we'll keep you up to date with push notifications. No need to log in every day… it just works.
Hey, we want to hear your feedback! Direct your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find us on Twitter (@GroupMe) and Facebook: facebook.com/groupme
NOTE: SMS chat currently available in US only. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
Made with love in New York