The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
LifeHacker: "Overall it's a solid weather app, and a good competitor to Yahoo"
Android Police: "If you're into informative, yet minimal apps, then the company's newest offering, Bright Weather, should be right up your alley.
tested.com: "Right out of the gate it's probably one of the best looking Android weather apps, and it has some cool widgets (obviously).
PCMag: "Bright Weather is a Lovely New Android Weather App from LevelUp Studio
The beautiful design mixes stunning photography with minimalistic graphics as it tries to balance information, functionnality, simplicity and attractivity for your personal weather interests.
Sure you can just look outside to get an idea of whether it is cold, rainy or windy. But can you be sure not to get heavy rain later without checking the comprehensive weather forecast included in Bright Weather?
Bright Weather features many information and functionalities efficiently accessible:
- Android Wear support
- Simple weather overview with 24 hours forecast with temperatures and conditions
- Advanced weather conditions with todays hourly forecast, sunset and sunrise
- Six days weather forecast with details for the day and night
- Weather almanac enclosing temperature records
- Current Moon phase, UV Index
- Interactive Weather Radar Map featuring clouds, rain, snow, pressure, temperature and wind using data from OpenWeatherMap
- Take a picture and share your weather using the integrated camera feature
- Beautiful Widgets with an optional clock
- Daily updated background picture
- Get even more information with a direct access to Weather Underground website for you location
Smart notifications allows you to get notified for the weather before the weekend, or to create your own custom notifications like being alerted of a temperature change.
Bright Weather is brought to you by the creators of Beautiful Widgets and Plume, the awards winning applications available on Android.
Please let us know what you think, you can follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/levelupstudio
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Set the gorgeous animated wallpapers with live weather conditions on your home screen and be aware of any weather that is coming your way. Whether it is cloudy, rainy, snowy or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your device. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
• Weather forecasts for multiple locations all around the world
• Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
• Beautiful weather widgets
• Fabulous animated wallpaper with live weather conditions right on your home screen
• Cloud, satellite, rain maps
• Animated weather radar for any location in the USA
• Bad weather warnings and alerts to warn you about severe weather in your area. Data provided by National Weather Service
• Customizable layout. Choose weather parameters you want to be displayed in the layout settings
• Local time in 12 or 24-hour format
• 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
• "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
• Wind direction and speed. Visibility details
• Humidity and precipitation information. Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
• Fahrenheit or Celsius and Miles or Kilometers
• Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
• New York, Los Angeles, Chicago or any other location worldwide – get accurate weather forecasts wherever you are!
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES AND CONSENT
IAC Search and Media Europe Ltd.
Unit 1, Digiweb Building
College Business and Technology Park
Blanchardstown North Road, Dublin 15 Ireland
. Simple, elegant design
. Bold use of color to increase legibility
. Timeline forecast so you can easily glance at the information
. Time machine forecasting to check the whether months/years in advance
. Local weather alerts front and centre
. Multiple weather provider options
. Great theme customisation options (choose colours)
. Easy to understand graphs and charts of temperature, rain etc...
. Android wear support
. Table layout
. Multi language support
. Powered by the hyperlocal weather service, Forecast (and others)
The app includes 14 of the best weather icon sets available, with the ability to add your own icon sets.
Four widgets and an expandable notification are available which are highly customizable.
Also has a DashClock extension.
A pro key is available to remove ads and support development :)
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Beta Channel (for newest features)
* Simple clean graphic design. No bling just weather
* No ads, no spyware just a great free app
* Battery friendly
* Weather widget
* 7 million locations world wide
* Hourly and 8 day forecasts
A Weather Life combines many different forecast sources into a single picture of the weather.
· Free to download
· 5- day forecasts for over 5,000 UK locations
· Push notifications for UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your chosen regions
· Text and maps detailing UK National Severe Weather Warnings
· Hourly UK location forecasts for first two days
· Three-hourly UK forecasts for days 3-5
· Three-hourly daily forecasts for numerous international locations
· Save up to 10 favourite UK or international locations
· Regularly updated with the latest forecast and warning information
· Social media sharing so you can share forecasts with friends and family
- UV forecast maps
- Probability of precipitation
- Temperature and Feels like temperature
- Sunrise and sunset
- Wind speed and direction
Please note the map layers will work best over 3G or WiFi.
This popular app won Best App 2012 at the Sparkies 2013 Awards, has achieved AQuA (App Quality Alliance) standard and has been nominated for a number of industry awards.
This app does not support landscape view, and whilst it may work on some tablets it has not been built to support tablet use.
This app is ad-supported. In response to customer feedback users can remove advertising for the cost of £1.99 through an in-app purchase.
If you decide to do so we hope that you will be happy with your in-app purchase, however if for some reason the advertising removal isn't working we are happy to offer a refund. We do not provide refunds under any other circumstances. All refunds are restricted to the operator's standard terms and conditions.
If you have purchased advertising removal in a previous version please select the ‘Restore Ad Removal’ button in the ‘Information’ section of the app.
Please check our website www.metoffice.gov.uk for more information about our services and application updates.
We appreciate your feedback, to do so please contact the Met Office at email@example.com
Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar & static infrared & visible imagery over Google Maps
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
-Lightweight and does not run in the background.
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Unofficial NOAA Weather+
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
Weather alerts are read aloud for you so you don’t have to stop to read the screen. It’s the power of a NOAA Weather Radio combined with the accuracy of AccuWeather and ABC7 News for San Francisco and the Bay Area all in one convenient app! There’s no other app like it.
With the FOLLOW ME feature you’ll stay safe when you’re on the go. ABC7 Weather: SF/Bay Area can alert you to severe weather wherever you are -- whether you’re on your daily commute in the Bay Area or travelling anywhere across the U.S.
ABC7 Weather: SF/Bay Area is fully interactive; Zoom down to get a street level view of live conditions. And of course, get current conditions, hourly and long-term forecasts right at your fingertips.
* Follow Me – Activate this feature so that you get weather alerts wherever you are, anywhere in the U.S. No matter where you travel, the app will help keep you safe.
* Set a static location – In addition to the Follow Me feature, you can set three (3) additional locations to receive alerts on. So if you’re on the road, you could still get alerts for what’s threatening your home, or where a loved one lives.
* Audio alerts – Listen to weather alerts just like a NOAA Weather Radio, so you can be informed and keep moving.
* Current Conditions, Hourly Forecasts and 7 Day Forecasts.
* Video forecasts and live weather video (when available).
The sunset and the sunrise in YoWindow happens at exactly the same time as in real life.
But the great thing is you can scroll the time forward. Just swipe the screen and you will see how the weather is going to change throughout the day.
All the weather at your fingertips. You see the current weather, the forecast for today and for several days ahead.
State of the art landscapes change depending on the season. The artwork is designed down to the smallest detail. Choose a landscape that fits best for your area.
YoWindow is a window in your pocket =)
The weather forecast is provided by yr.no and NWS - the leading meteorological organizations.
Watch weather with pleasure!
Note: Requires NEON CPU Feature (i.e Phones in the last year have that):
You can check for that with this app
You can select different graphs, colours, units of measure,background image, update rate,data text size, bookmarks, web site bookmarks even (tip: bookmark your favourite first changing the URL and adding that to the 2nd bookmark), speech setup, included more data screen as well and "meso" data screen (list of bookmarked stations), and now a QR reader to read in a clientraw URL
Use the phone home button to hide the app...it will go to sleep in the background....when you want to see the latest weather data, just re launch it..will come up on screen in an instant (unless it restarts) then just tap the screen to get it to update again :)
Note: Does not currently work with Version 5.0 of Android
Quick Weather features these tools:
-Wind chill calculator
-Weather alerts provided by Weatherbug
-Current conditions, 10 day forecast, radar, and satellite from Weather Underground
-24 hour forecast from Weatherbug
Features from the National Weather Service:
-Local forecast data
-Regional radar data
-Storm Prediction Center convective outlooks
-Watches, Warnings, and Advisories by state
-Tropical weather discussions and maps
-Marine and Tide forecasts
Features from Weather Underground:
-Numerical weather prediction models from the GFS and NAM
-Surface maps including: fronts, temperature, heat index, windchill, humidity, dew point, wind, visibility, visible satellite, jet stream, and precipitation
Health maps including: UV, flu, and air quality
-Forecasts for the United States and around the world
Your feedback can help improve this app. Please send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org