1. This app was developed by Carmel Software, a company that has been developing software for 15+ years. We are experts in software design and HVAC analysis.
2. It allows you to easily perform single-state HVAC psychrometric calculations.
3. Select and update all input parameters and view the calculated results all in the same screen without switching from one screen to another.
4. Select from 23+ different combinations of any 2 input parameters such as "Humidity Ratio / Dew Point Temperature" and much more.
5. Immediately view updated results as you change the input values using the on-screen slider control. You can specify how much to increase or decrease values as you slide the indicator along the slider mechanism.
The following input and result value-types are displayed:
1. Dry-bulb temperature
2. Humidity ratio
3. Relative Humidity
4. Wet-bulb temperature
5. Partial pressure
7. Specific volume
8. Dew Point temperature
You can specify additional parameters such as the altitude of the air being analyzed, the atmospheric pressure, different types of units such as degrees F or R, and English or Metric units.
The "HVAC Psychrometric" application was designed by Carmel Software Corporation, a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, Autodesk (the makers of AutoCAD) acquired our load calculation software and incorporated it into their leading 3D modeling software called Revit. We currently offer 20+ apps for the iPhone and are converting all of them to the Android OS. In addition, we developed the ASHRAE 62.1 ventilation and Duct Fitting Database iPhone apps that are currently sold by ASHRAE, Inc.
1. Perform superheat refrigerant charge calculations for 75 different refrigerants. Input the indoor wet-bulb and outdoor dry-bulb temps. to get the target superheat temperature. Then, specify the suction line temperature and pressure to get the actual superheat temperature. The difference tells you whether to charge or not.
2. Perform subcool refrigerant charge calculations for 75 different refrigerants. Input the indoor wet-bulb and outdoor dry-bulb temps. to get the target subcool temperature. Then, specify the liquid line temperature and pressure to get the actual subcool temperature. The difference tells you whether to charge or not.
3. Use an interactive slider control to increase or decrease all values and immediately observe calculated results. Also, the slider control allows for "incremental" changes so you can ever-so-slightly change values to observe newly calculated results.
4. Specify atmospheric pressure (other than standard 14.7 psi) so that calculated pressures are adjusted for high elevations like those in Denver and elsewhere.
5. Customize input types so that you can specify manufacturer-specified target superheat/subcool or input indoor dry-bulb/indoor relative humidity in place of indoor wet-bulb temperature.
6. Send an email of all inputs and results with custom message
7. Display input and result values in either English or Metric units
8. Change the color scheme of the app so that it can easily be viewed outdoors in direct sunlight
9. It is "Bluetooth aware", meaning that it will connect via Bluetooth to those PT gauges that are also Bluetooth enabled. This will allow the automatic transfer of temperature/pressure information from those gauges to the HVAC Refrigerant Charge app.
1. HVAC RefCharge
2. HVAC PT Chart
3. HVAC Duct Sizer
4. HVAC Quick Load
6. Steam Tables
7. Pipe Sizer - Liquid
8. Pipe Sizer - Steam
9. Pipe Sizer - Gas
The "HVAC RefCharge" app is an HVAC refrigerant charging calculator that allows HVAC technicians to perform superheat and subcool refrigerant charge calculations on-the-fly. This app includes pressure/temperature data for over 75 refrigerants.
The "HVAC PT Chart" is an electronic pressure-temperature calculator that allows HVAC technicians and contractors to quickly lookup the temperature and corresponding pressure for 75 common HVAC refrigerants.
The "HVAC Duct Sizer" module allows you to perform quick and simple duct sizing analysis. You can specify the total airflow in CFM (or L/s), the aspect ratio and one of either the velocity of air or the friction loss per 100 feet (30 meters). The results include both the exact and rounded height and width (or diameter) dimensions and the calculated velocity and friction loss. In addition, you can calculate for a range of duct sizes by specifying minimum and maximum friction loss and airflow values.
The "HVAC Quick Load" module allows you to quickly calculate total heating and cooling loads for a wide variety of building types.
The "Psychrometrics" module allows you to easily perform single-state HVAC psychrometric calculations for up to 23 different combinations of input parameters.
The "Steam Tables" module allows you to calculate the properties of saturated or superheated steam by specifying 2 input properties. This module is also part of the "Pipe Sizer - Steam" module discussed below.
The "Pipe Sizer - Liquid" module allows you to size a pipe run for many different types of liquids (or fluids), pipe material and fitting types.
The "Pipe Sizer - Steam" module allows you to size a steam pipe run, and it also includes a bonus steam table calculator.
The "Pipe Sizer - Gas" module includes both low and high pressure gas pipe sizing, and it allows you to quickly size a simple low (less than or equal to 1.5 psi) and high (greater than 1.5 psi) pressure gas piping system by inputting a number of piping and gas properties.
The "HVAC Toolkit" application includes all of the great features of the individual HVAC apps such as the use of slider controls that allow you to quickly increment or decrement the input values and immediately observe the calculated results. It also allows you to specify different types of liquids, gases, pipe material types, duct material types, fitting quantities, min and max ranges, and step values.
All values can be displayed in English (IP) and Metric (SI) units.
In addition, all of the modules include email capabilities allowing you to email inputs and results to yourself and others.
The "HVAC Toolkit" application was designed by Carmel Software Corporation, a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, Autodesk (the makers of AutoCAD) acquired our load calculation software and incorporated it into their leading 3D modeling software called Revit. In addition, Carmel developed the ASHRAE 62.1 ventilation and ASHRAE DFDB apps that are currently sold by ASHRAE, Inc.
We also offer all of the above modules as individual apps for the Android on the Google Android App store.
The Duct Sizer application allows you to quickly size one HVAC duct run using the constant friction method. Think of this application as a digital version of the classic Trane Ductulator.
In the "Size by Airflow" mode, you can specify the total airflow in CFM (or L/s), the aspect ratio and one of either the velocity of air or the friction loss per 100 feet (30 meters). The results include both the exact and rounded height and width (or diameter) dimensions, the equivalent diameter (for rectangular and oval duct) and the calculated velocity and friction loss.
In the "Size by Dimensions" mode, you can analyze an existing duct system. There are options to input the existing duct dimensions and one of either the airflow or velocity values to derive the calculated duct friction loss.
You can specify additional parameters such as the duct shape (rectangular, round, or oval), the duct material type (10+ duct material items), duct roughness, the air temperature and the air pressure. You can also choose to display values in either English (IP) or Metric (SI) units.
This application uses slider controls that allow you to quickly increment or decrement the input values and immediately observe the calculated results.
In addition, you can email all inputs and results to any email address.
The "HVAC Duct Sizer" application was designed by Carmel Software Corporation, a leader in HVAC design software since 1995. In fact, Autodesk (the makers of AutoCAD) acquired our load calculation software and incorporated it into their leading 3D modeling software called Revit. We currently offer 35+ apps for the iPhone and Android. In addition, we developed the ASHRAE 62.1 ventilation and Duct Fitting Database iPhone apps that are currently sold by ASHRAE, Inc.
REGARDING COMMENTS BELOW:
1. WE'VE ADDED THE FLEXIBLE DUCT, HELIX CORE DUCT MATERIAL TYPE TO THE DATABASE
2. THE LATEST UPDATE HAS BEEN TESTED ON A VARIETY OF ANDROID SCREEN SIZES INCLUDING ANDROID PHONE/TABLET. IT IS MUCH EASIER TO USE THE SLIDER CONTROLS NOW.
3. THE COMMENT BELOW ABOUT INCORRECT CALCULATIONS: IN FACT, THE CALCULATIONS ARE 100% CORRECT. WE HAVE COMPARED IT AGAINST A STANDARD DUCTULATOR AND ALSO OTHER DESKTOP SOFTWARE CALCULATORS. EVERYTHING IS CALCULATING CORRECTLY. PLEASE EMAIL US AT INFO@CARMELSOFT.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY HESITATIONS.
Psyclone Lite operates in either metric or imperial units.
-Fahrenheit to Celsius
-Celsius to Fahrenheit
-Electric Heat to Qs
-Electric Heat BTUH
-Electric Heat CFM
-Electric Heat Watts
-Multiple Ohms Conversions - watts from current and resistance, voltage from current and resistance, current from voltage and resistance, and resistance from voltage from voltage and current
If you have any issues please contact me and i will do my best to correct them. This is my first app, and i do consider it to be a BETA release. I have not been able to test on many devices. However all functions should work.
Fanfare enables rapid sizing of HVAC ducts in a wide range of ductwork materials and styles. Calculations also include fan gains, fan motor sizes and air change rates.
Fanfare operates in metric or imperial units & uses either UK or USA calculation methods.
Extended cancellation period - contact us by email within 24 hours of downloading the app if you are unhappy with your purchase.
The app may be upgraded to the full version, with no restrictions, by in-app billing.
Fanfare Lite operates in either metric or imperial units and uses either UK or USA calculation methods.
All requests will be added to the app on next update. The selected HVAC VFD manuals are automatically saved to your mobile device after download.
I wait till I have a good amount of manuals to make it worth it so keep them coming.
You have the ability to request HVAC VFD manuals that we will email to you and added to next update as well as the ability to forward manuals via email to your customer, office, etc.
•Web access is required to download manuals.
•After download they are saved on your device.
List of the top brands on the app
ABB HVAC Drives are available
ACH Tech HVAC Drives are available
Allen Bradley HVAC Drives are available
Avtron HVAC Drives are available
Baldor HVAC Drives are available
Bardac HVAC Drives are available for
Cutler Hammer HVAC Drives are available
DANFOSS HVAC Drives are available
EMERSON HVAC Drives are available
HONEYWELL HVAC Drives are available
TOSHIBA HVAC Drives are available
YASKAWA HVAC Drives are available
and many more brands
Replace that little notepad in your pocket!
Equipment Notebook is an application designed to help maintenance and service technicians manage equipment information among many locations.
Enter locations, add your equipment to those locations, then add and updates notes. Easily recall the model or serial numbers, recall what was done last visit, all on you phone!
Geared towards HVAC and Maintenance service personnel who need to recall information about the equipment they have worked on.
Please request what other features you would like in the app.
Keywords: HVAC Notebook HVAC Equipment Management Notes Model Serial Numbers
This app covers units under:-
*User can easily calculate the values.
*No advertisement or any other promotion.
*Lightweight ( requires less space)
*User can access this application from the mobile.
Saving you time and hassle through innovation…do you know any other HVAC distributor with this kind of technology?
* See current Product Availability at CARRIER ENTERPRISE Stores Near You (Product Availability)
* Search for an HVAC equipment model, see the Bill Of Materials, check availability at CARRIER ENTERPRISE locations (Equipment B.O.M.)
* View Spec Sheets, Wiring Diagrams, Installation Guides, Consumer Literature, etc. for CARRIER ENTERPRISE Products (Document Library)
* See nearby CARRIER ENTERPRISE locations, their Hours of Operation, get Directions, call the store (Branch Locator)
* Receive Push Notifications of Special Offers & Promotions at CARRIER ENTERPRISE
* Scan QR Code & UPC Bar Codes for fast product look ups
* See Turn by Turn Driving Directions to CARRIER ENTERPRISE locations
* Light up attics, closets and basements while you work with the built in Flashlight
Our goal is to make your life in the field more efficient and doing business with us easier. That's our passion...stay tuned for more!
HVAC Psychrometric Lite calculates the psychrometric properties of a single air stream or condition based on the following:
- Dry Bulb Temperature
- Dew Point Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Wet Bulb Temperature
Calculated air properties include:
- Wet Bulb
- Dew point
- Humidity Ratio
- Specific Humidity
- Absolute Humidity
- Specific Volume
- Partial Vapor Pressure
Settings allow for either English or Metric input and output.
A new email tab allows for a calculated psychrometric reports to be emailed back to your email address. Just enter a psychrometric report description and hit email. Your email address is saved under settings so you only have to enter it once and it will be saved in the application. Emailing psychrometric reports to yourself or others is perfect for record keeping and putting together field reports.
More from developer
Wind Speed (m/s or mph)
Wind Direction (degrees)*
Temperature (°F or °C)
Pressure (hPa or in Hg)
Altitude (m of ft)
Relative Humidity (%)
Density (kg/cubic meter or lb/cubic feet)
*An on-screen graphic will indicate the general wind direction with respect to north. Wind direction is given as degrees from wind out of due north. A directional graphic is included as an aid.
In order for this app to work your Android device will need a location signal, such as a GPS or network connection, to locate the nearest weather station and a data connection to download the required weather properties.
Weather stations report certain weather properties differently and this could cause an error in the app. If you have any issues please email me.
If you would like to see additional features feel free to email me.
Air Pro calculates all of your current local air properties upon start up and allows you to search for other city air properties. Air Pro also contains a mixed air calculator. Please view the video to see Air Pro in action.
Psychrometric calculator and mixed air calculator for HVAC professionals.
Psychrometric calculator for HVAC engineers, designers, technicians, commissioning agents, and maintenance personnel. SI and IP units are supported.
- Dry Bulb Temperature
-Wet Bulb Temperature
- Dew Point Temperature
-Wet Bulb Temperature
-Dew Point Temperature
Calculations are made using The American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Fundamentals 2009 ideal gas equations.