Wikipedia says: Psychiatry is the medical biology devoted to medical learning, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders & problems. Both psychology & psychiatry drugs deals with mental disorder and mental health tests. Combined treatment of medication and psychic testing is the most common prescribe for psychiatric disorders & treatment in current practice. While the medical specialty of psychiatry utilizes research in the field of neuroscience, psychology, medicine, biology, biochemistry, and pharmacology, it has generally been considered a middle ground between neurology and psychology. This psychology dictionary and translation is of great use during psychiatric mental health tests.
Medical Psychiatric Dictionary App Features:
- Works Offline. A fully functional medical dictionary free without internet requirement after first download.
- A FREE medical dictionary and thesaurus & a terminology reference manual.
- Pocket hand book. Medical drug dictionary free download is like a FREE Doctor at home for common psychic disorders.
- Beautiful Interface. The best ebook choice for useful medical term dictionary.
- Xpress Search & Updates. Frequent updates on latest psychiatric test info & new medical acronyms and abbreviations.
- Medical learning app. For self diagnosis and treatment for medical learners and doctor students while study during various courses/ examination, PG preparation.
A medical doctor at home specializing in psychiatric drupgs and psychiatric psychiatric test is a psychiatrist. Psychiatric times caters to that nursing central medicine specifically nursing on the mind, aiming to medical learning, cure for sure and therapeutic activities for treatment of mentally insane and those with psychiatric disorders. This offline & free medical dictionary and thesaurus app is a dictionary of psychology facts & psychiatric medical terms for free psychic reading. This mental disorder dictionary is a glossary for text terms of psychiatric disorders. This medical terminology free download app hand book has medical abbreviations too along with psychiatry terms and a few psychological facts on the terms.
Best medical application for med term mastery. A medical term dictionary has great use during medical term games. Psychiatric diagnosis take place in a wide variety of settings and are performed by many different medical doctor and pg entrance professionals. This reference guide is an excellent coverage for few psychic remedies around general health & biomedical sciences. Mentally insane undergo medical test by a psychiatrist for their medical conditions. Child psychologist is an area in which demand results have grown massively. This App gives quick and thorough access to medical knowledge and terminology. Best medical dictionary and thesaurus app for translation on psychiatric dictionary terms in English. It is a mini doctor at home & provides definitions and web references for reading and research.
* This is a medical thesaurus and dictionary on psychiatry & a medical reference guide.
* Also a general purpose medical term dictionary.
* Works as: Annotator, Dictionary and Thesaurus. Has Semantic (conceptual) and Dictionary (literal) search.
* Useful for medical students for study during medical pg entrance courses.
* For healthcare, pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospital nurses, medical students, nursing professionals, pharmacy, physician assistants and for other students who heads in clinical practice & dispensary.
This app cannot and should not replace a doctor consultation or a pharmacist. Only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual home usage of any information in this app.
Tags: Medical dictionary free, dictionary and thesaurus, medical terminology free download, offline medical dictionary free, offline medical software, medical abbreviations dictionary.
Supports English, Spanish, German ,French and Portuguese.
Keywords: Psychiatry, brain, psychology, clinical history, patient, neurology, neurologist, psychiatrist.
The 5 Notes:
Mental Status Exam
Case Write Up
You may write a quick note that does not require logging in or you may log in (FOR FREE) to be able to save your progress as you go. You may return to your saved forms at any time.
This app is a work in progress and we are looking forward to seeing it grow. Please feel free to contact us with any questions, feedback or suggestion. Thanks!
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Neurology and Psychiatry, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, fills that void quite effectively. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 80 neuropsychiatry related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
Whatever you are looking for, the Miniatlas Psychiatry has an image for it.
The Miniatlas Psychiatry application offers a large collection of high quality, detailed medical images about the general features of Psychiatry, accompanied by referenced texts. Use it to explain to your patients all the relevant aspects of this speciality. With this great visual aid, patients become more active during their visits, and you can give them all the answers they need.
The Miniatlas Psychiatry offers the following features:
* A large database of detailed and labeled pictures associated with Psychiatry.
* Each illustration is accompanied by a detailed text explanation
* Close view (zoom in) of any section of the image
* Simple search - just type part of the keyword you are looking for
* E-mail of any image or section of an image
* It helps doctors communicate with patients more easily and effectively
* It works in portrait or landscape mode
Go ahead and download the Miniatlas Psychiatry now!
Everyone has a time in their life when they feel they need an expert help for improving their mental health but they are deterred by barriers around mental health consultation, while we cannot reduce all the barriers but we have definitely minimized the BIG 3 barriers namely: Accessibility, Affordability and Privacy
Accessibility: Our policy is to make the mental health accessible to everyone and every time they need. We are able to do that by providing immediate scheduling for patients, walk-ins and much more. Currently no other mental health facility in Colorado has the walk in or immediate scheduling available but we care for our patients and have made our availability for patient’s right at the time when they need us the most and we are even available on weekends
Affordability: No patient will be turned away from our center due to their inability to pay, we will fight with your insurance company for the coverage you need and if you are still not able to get the coverage then we will be giving you the discounts suitable to your needs and special discounts to all Medicare patients
Privacy: Our facility is equipped with most advanced EMR which has one of the best security features in the industry. We never leave any of our electronic data on hard drives, computers since our EMR is completely web based. We do not maintain hard copies (papers) in our clinic so there is no chance for anyone to access your medical record and we do have the option for patients to view their own medical records through web based service
Quality of care: Finally we maintain high quality standards not based on mass surveys or national research studies but completely based on inputs by every single patient that visits our facility. Yes we take time to sit down with every single patient and ask about their priorities and preferences to improve the quality of the care they are receiving. We are actively pursuing to upgrade our quality for meeting the National Center Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organization (MBHO) Accreditation Program standards.
Our unique features
One of the first private psychiatry clinic in Colorado and USA to have their own mobile app
We follow patients by all means for reminders using regular mail , mobile text message, email and even home visits if required since your mental health is our number one priority
3 Key aspects of our ogranization are patient care, clinical research and health education
We provide all our patients with all their treatment records by having online portable medical record (PMR) which is complimentary to our Electronic medical record ( EMR)
Our greatest strength is building close and long relations with patients to help them in every step of their life
Bringing communities together by focusing on improving relations and treating diseases by using most up-to-date medical tools.
Almost 20% of Coloradans have mental health problems and most can do better with little help from our experts. Our goal is to make minds healthy since that is the key to the future.
We focus on long term sustainable healthy mind and this can be only achieved by focused care with our therapists using all the resources available in healthcare and being there for our patients whenever needed.
Our strength lies in spending more time with patients and giving one to one sessions which will identify most mental health problems at an early stage which would prevent the complications.
The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines in Psychiatry, is an essential reference for anyone responsible for prescribing, dispensing or administering drugs for patients with mental health disorders.
- The evidence base for drug treatments in psychiatry ranges from meta-analyses and randomized controlled clinical trials to single case reports, and from NICE guidelines to individual SPCs
- All the evidences have been reviewed and summarized succinctly by an expert team of psychiatrists and pharmacists
- Includes new sections on cytochrome-mediated interactions and psychiatric side effects of non-psychotropic drugs
- Topics address plasma monitoring, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety, children and adolescents, substance abuse and special patient groups
- Covers prescribing drugs outside their licensed indications and their interaction with substances such as alcohol, nicotine and caffeine
- Important information for Trainees regarding the rational, safe and effective use of medications for patients with mental illness
- Scientifically sound and clinically effective
Written by leading American practitioners, the Oxford American Handbook of Psychiatry offers an overview of the entire specialty, featuring instant access to guidance on the conditions that are most likely to be encountered. Precise and prescriptive, the handbook offers up-to-date advice on examination, investigations, common procedures, and in-patient care. The application will be an invaluable resource for residents and students, as well as a useful reference for practitioners.
The Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry is a dependable manual geared for ultra-quick reference, note form. Part of the worldwide best-selling series, this book provides much more information than a standard handbook in the field. It uses concise, bulleted text, quick reference tabs, four color presentation, bookmark features to help provide fast answers on the ward. It is ideal for students, residents and anyone wanting a succinct, comprehensive, and affordable application of the Oxford Handbook Series.
Readership: practitioners, residents and medical students
Authors: David Kupfer, Michelle S. Horner, David Brent, David Lewis, Charles Reynolds, Michael Thase, Michael Travis and Michelle X. Horner
Publisher: Oxford University Press
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Individuals print plus electronic: £114/$138
Individuals electronic only: £95/$115
For more options, go to http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=CNS
These interactive clinical scales include instructions on how to administer the psychiatric tests, as well as a comprehensive scoring system based on the origins of the scales. Mental health professionals will find this format convenient and useful, allowing them to find the right instrument quickly for immediate use with patients, and add the findings to their records.
The collection of scales currently includes the following:
Depression and Anxiety
• Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ)
• Patient Health Questionnaire 9-item (PHQ-9)
• Brief Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-Brief)
• Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-SADS)
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder 7-item (GAD-7)
• Major Depression Inventory (MDI)
• Hamilton Anxiety Scale (HAM-A)
• Geriatric Depression Scale: Short Form (GDS-S)
• Geriatric Depression Scale: Long Form (GDS-L)
• Vanderbilt ADHD Diagnostic Parent Rating Scale (VADPRS)
• Vanderbilt ADHD Diagnostic Teacher Rating Scale (VADTRS)
• Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS-V1.1)
• The Bipolar Spectrum Diagnostic Scale (BSDS)
• The Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT)
• Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS)
• Clinical Global Impressions Scale (CGI)
• Global Assessment of Function (GAF)
Additional scales will be available in future updates.
from Unbound Medicine
This latest edition of the Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry for mobile devices provides fast, evidence-based guidance on the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric problems experienced by medically ill adults and children. Written by experts from the renowned Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, this resource delivers concise yet complete coverage appropriate for psychiatrists, generalists, residents and interns.
With the Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry on your mobile device you can:
• Understand and manage psychological impact of chronic medical problems, life-threatening diseases, and disfigurement
• Develop strategies to treat depression, dementia, anxiety, substance abuse, and more
• Implement the latest pharmaceutical and cognitive behavioral therapies
• Find answers fast with Universal Index Search
• Consult the medical literature with reference links within each entry
• Bookmark important topics for future reference
Editors: Theodore A. Stern, MD; Gregory L. Fricchione, MD; Ned H. Cassem MA, Ph.L, SJ, BD; Michael S. Jellinek, MD; Jerrold F Rosenbaum, MD
Publisher: Saunders Elsevier
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
MGH Handbook of General Hospital Psychiatry features:
• Optimized interface
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• Personalized favorites
• Unique navigation elements
1000 multiple choice fact, scenario and case-based questions
Correct answers and explanations to help you quickly master exam content
Take exam as many times as you wish
Score transcripts with missed key words to help you evaluate areas that need further study
Sync your app and receive the latest version of previously purchased questions
The mission of Knowledge Testing is to help you pass the test. We do this by providing high quality, peer-reviewed, educationally sound questions written by leading educators.
Knowledge Testing, LLC
Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Questions
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Review
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Exam Questions
Psychiatric Nursing Certification Review
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam
Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric Mental Health Board Review Questions
Psychiatry on the Move, is the resource which will make the student learn medicine on the move, whatever their learning style, whether studying the subject for the first time or reviting it during exam preparation.
- Accessible - bulleted text, flow charts, colourful diagrams and summary tables enable you to find information fast.
- Concise - gives you 'must have' rather than 'nice to have' knowledge, ensuring exam success and as a grounding for further study
- Flexible - notes sections, ideal for rapid reference in the clinical setting, guide you quickly to key points while self-assessment material allows you to test and reinforce your understanding
- Relevant - designed by medical students for medical students
- Flowcharts - includes 12 interactive flowcharts which act as step-by-step decision support tool
- Calculators - includes 5 Calculators which assist in making clinical decisions
More from developer
you can buy the ADfree version from amazon app store for 5$
- Suitable for Under/Post Graduates ; Physicians/Psychiatrists/Psychologists/Social Workers/Pro-Nurses.
- Ultra Rapid to fill in.
-Fairely detailed with Hundreds of choices covering basic psychiatric symptoms as well as rare symptomatology.
-Is a reference perse
- Checking boxes increases inter rater reliability, and makes it more suitable to researches.
- Patient's sheet will be saved on the root folder of the SDCARD named : MSEDS--.txt , that can be reopenned by ms notepad / ms word and edited/printed
- the full database is saved on the root of the SDCARD with the name : "resultsm.db" , this can be exported "by a 3rd party software to SPSS or ms excel ;) , email me and i ll tell you how.
- in cases of errors just delete the resultsm.db file and reinstall
- this is still in early development stage and your feedback is appreciated.
Administration time 10–15 minutes
Main purpose To assess the severity of symptoms of anxiety
Population Adults, adolescents and children
The HAM-A was one of the first rating scales developed
to measure the severity of anxiety symptoms, and is still
widely used today in both clinical and research settings.
The scale consists of 14 items, each defined by a series of
symptoms, and measures both psychic anxiety (mental
agitation and psychological distress) and somatic anxiety
(physical complaints related to anxiety). Although the
HAM-A remains widely used as an outcome measure in
clinical trials, it has been criticized for its sometimes poor ability to discriminate between anxiolytic and antidepressant effects, and somatic anxiety versus somatic side effects. The HAM-A does not provide any standardized
probe questions. Despite this, the reported levels of inter-
rater reliability for the scale appear to be acceptable.
Each item is scored on a scale of 0 (not present) to 4
(severe), with a total score range of 0–56, where <17 indi-
cates mild severity, 18–24 mild to moderate severity and
25–30 moderate to severe.
NOTE: The Hamilton Depression Scale was NOT designed to be self-administered because of the the difficulty of interpretation of some of the clinical terms. This online version is simply a tool to facilitate scoring by an experience psychiatrist or other health care professional with knowledge of psychiatry.
NOTE : sdcard\Results.db is the Database file containing your patients , it can be edited inside the application or through other software like firefox SQLLITE manager addon, or SQLLITE browser ... you can then export results to SPSS or ms Excel.
-This free app is ad supported and may contain ads in the notification tray and/or home screen.
NOTE: this application will work on most available screen resolutions for mobile devices>>>>>>>
- Though it is designed for preparing for the clinical part of the royal college of psychiatrists examination of membership, yet it would help all psychiatric trainees, medical students , internists , Psychiatric Nurses.
- Stations are categorized into 6 major categories , that is :
1) Physical Examination
2) Cognitive Assessment
3) Risk Assessment
4) History Taking
5) Mental Status examinations
6) Communication and Information giving
- In addition to a sorted list of all stations and topics to look in
- This is still in early development, any suggestions are welcomed.
- If you have other stations that you would like to add to the app , please send them directly to my email, and i will add it as soon as possible.
- As this is a totally free software , it is Ad-supported, i.e you can support by clicking on the ads.
- Donations are highly appreciated.
translation provided by :
SPECJALISTYCZNY GABINET PSYCHIATRYCZNY
DR MED. KAZIMIERZ PIETRUSZEWSKI
31-123 KRAKÓW, UL. KRUPNICZA 28/7
Tel. (0605) 065 287 lub (012) 647 51 05; Fax (012) 421 44 27
e -ma i l : k r u p n i c z a@c e t i . p l