Each case scenario contains a comprehensive discussion of the diagnostic reasoning involved, and also conveys facts important in the day to day management of such patients.
The 22 cases in the app have been reviewed by an international panel of experts. The list of diseases is as follows:
1. Transvestic Disorder
2. Genito-Pelvic Pain/Penetration Disorder
3. Bulimia Nervosa
4. Bipolar Affective Disorder
5. Dementia with Lewy bodies
6. Borderline Personality Disorder
7. Nocturnal Enuresis
8. Schizotypal Personality Disorder
9. Schizoaffective Disorder
10. Generalized Anxiety Disorder
11. Major Depressive Disorder
13. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
14. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
15. Cannabis Related Disorders
16. Cocaine Intoxication
17. Anorexia Nervosa
18. Obsessive-compulsive disorder
19. Panic Disorder
20. Alzheimer's Dementia
21. Factitious Disorder
22. Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder
For comments and criticisms, or to share ideas on new cases, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preview or Buy using this app.
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics showing the comprehensive diagnosis and treatment recommendations for psychiatric care.
ABOUT JOHNS HOPKINS PSYCHIATRY GUIDE
The official Johns Hopkins Psychiatry Guide provides clinicians with quick-read recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric diseases at the point of care. Raise the standard of care and improve patient safety with frequently-updated content consistent with the latest DSM-5 diagnostic criteria. Complex topics have been consolidated into need-to-know information making this the ideal resource for residents, primary care physicians, psychiatrists, and other health care professionals.
• 150+ detailed psychiatric topics
• Fast access to symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, and other treatment options
• Consistent with DSM-5 criteria
• Written by residents and faculty at Phipps Psychiatric Clinic
• Evidence-based recommendations with links to the literature
• Expert comments and analysis
• Universal Index Search to quickly find topics
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Editors: J. Raymond DePaulo, Jr., MD; O. Joseph Bienvenu, MD, PhD
Publisher: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Medical Psychiatric Dictionary App Features:
- Works Offline. A fully functional offline medical dictionary free without internet requirement after first download.
- A pocket hand book for quick reference.
- Frequent updates on latest psychiatric diseases, symptoms, new medical acronyms and abbreviations.
- Psychiatric nursing book free for nursing practitioners and psychiatric meds.
- A medical learning app for self diagnosis and treatment. For use by learners and doctor students while study during various courses/ examination, tests, PG preparation.
* This is a thesaurus and dictionary on psychiatry reference.
* Also a general purpose medical term dictionary.
* Useful for students for study during medical pg entrance courses and psychiatry quiz.
* Can be used by healthcare students, pharmaceuticals, physicians, nursing professionals, pharmacy assistants and students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
This Psychiatry app is for learning, diagnosis and prevention of mental disorders & problems that hinder mental health and well being.
This app cannot and should not replace a doctor consultation or a pharmacist. Only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual home usage of any information in this app.
Download this fully updated and completely redesigned app and you’ll get free access to 17 drug entries. Once you’ve sampled the app and discovered how easy it is to find the vital drug information you need, just complete the InApp purchase (details below) and you’ll have access to all 275 drug monographs. To maintain access to all of the drug entries in this app and to continue to receive the weekly updates, users will need to update their subscription annually.
In addition to the instant search capability that helps you quickly locate drug entries, easy-to-use tools allow you to create a customized database, and weekly updates provide the latest need-to-know drug facts so you always stay current.
Look for prominently displayed Safety Alerts, Black Box Warnings, clinical alerts, FDA-approved indications and evidence-based off-label uses for drugs, Overdose Signs & Symptoms, and Adjust-a-Dose information. Also includes special sections on Common Drug Errors, Elder Care Medication Tips, Controlled Substance Schedules, and Pregnancy Risk Categories.
Your App also includes a Photo Guide with images of nearly 130 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name psychiatric drugs as well as a free Dosage Calculator.
Each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages
• Administration (covers all applicable routes)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions
• Nursing considerations
• Patient teaching guidelines
• Nursing process.
About your InApp purchase:
Your InApp subscription to the Nursing Psychiatric Drugs app provides 12 months of continuous access to all drugs in the app, including quarterly updates featuring drugs newly approved by the FDA and weekly updates covering new Indications and Dosages, Black Box Warnings, Alerts, and other critical clinical information.
Your payment of $14.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, until canceled, for $14.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can manage your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
With Psych Drugs, you can learn important and useful information about various psychotropic medications such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers, and anti-anxiety medications.
Some major classes of psych drugs include: SSRIs, TCAs, MAOIs, second generation (atypical) antipsychotics, benzodiazepines, and meds for insomnia, anxiety, depression, ADHD, alcohol dependence, opioid dependence and nicotine addiction, etc…
Perfect for psychology test and flashcards log, you can learn about drug interaction or interactions, meds apps, mental health, diseases and disability. This cool app also serves as a reminder and personality checker like a healing book diary full of medical terms and terminology dictionary info and smart facts.
Also as a nursing central handbook for pill identifier and identification, medication guide for this dot com age of psychological testing and games.
For each medication, you will find:
Maximum daily dose for adults
Maximum daily dose for adolescents and children
This useful app is ideal for medical and mental health professionals, psychiatrist, psychiatric residents, medical students, psychology students, therapists, counselors, and of course curious lay people who just want to familiarize themselves with psychotropic medications. If you want more detailed information, you can check out other medical apps like epocrates rx, webmd mobile cme, and medscape for symptom checker, and baby health prescription!
Scroll alphabetically through the list and quickly jump to a letter with an A-Z side panel.
Find a medication quickly with convenient search bar function.
Tap on the medication to learn about it.
Save your favorites with a touch of a button.
Share drug info with a friend via email.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
The Psychiatry Advisor app aggregates the best psychiatric information from several partners including free CME/CE courses from myCME.com and drug information from eMPR.com, plus all of the content from our website.
With the Psychiatry Advisor app you can:
• Search the Drug Database
• Read the latest news about breakthrough treatments, drug approvals and recalls and clinical research
• Access psychiatry-specific accredited courses from the myCME education library and claim your certificate instantly
• Become more informed when a patient asks questions
MoodTools contains several different research-supported tools. They include:
Thought Diary - Improve your mood by analyzing your thoughts and identifying negative / distorted thinking patterns based on principles from Cognitive Therapy
Activities - Regain your energy by performing energizing activities and tracking your mood before and after, based on Behavioral Activation Therapy
Safety Plan - Develop a suicide safety plan to keep you safe and utilize emergency resources during a suicidal crisis
Information - Read information, self-help guidelines, and find help with internet resources
Test - Take the PHQ-9 depression questionnaire and track your symptom severity over time
Video - Discover helpful YouTube videos that can improve your mood and behavior, from guided meditations to enlightening TED talks
MoodTools was designed in collaboration with multiple mental health professionals. MoodTools is free, contains no advertisements, and is a purely non-profit venture aimed at helping people suffering from clinical depression. Thank you for supporting our efforts with your positive ratings and reviews. Please send any requests, questions, or feedback via email to email@example.com and we will be sure to respond to each one.
Disclaimer: This mental health application is not intended to be a replacement for treatment nor any sort of medical intervention. Treatment is, by far, the best way to overcome clinical depression or other mental illnesses. Therapy and antidepressants have been shown to effectively treat clinical depression and anxiety. This application will only aid you on your path to recovery from depression or anxiety. In addition, if you are not in treatment, talk to your doctor or therapist or use this app to find resources that can connect you to treatment.
While MoodTools is designed as a self-help mental health application to help people suffering from clinical depression, it can also assist people without mental illness or people suffering from other mental disorders / mental illnesses such as anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, seasonal affective disorder, dysthymia, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, or schizophrenia.
***Screening test with graph to monitor severity of depressed mood
***Articles about clinical depression and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
***50 suggestions from CBT with a tracking feature to help focus positively and motivate
***Depression Assistance Audio to help understand clinical depression
***Cognitive Thought Diary to learn to challenge stressful thinking and provide positive feedback
***Emotion Training Audio to learn to access calming moods or emotions
***Relaxation Audios to learn deep relaxation
***Password protection available
***Customization of graphics
NOTE: All audios can be downloaded from ExcelAtLife.com
The natural management of depression involves understanding depression and the factors that contribute to the symptoms. Learning to manage stress in your life and engage in self-care behaviors can improve your symptoms and your mood.
This app contains a depression severity test, audios, articles, a cognitive diary, and a motivational points system that help you learn how to do this.
Reason for permissions:
1) READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY--necessary when listening to audios to pause playback when phone call is received (Excel At Life never accesses identity)
2) MODIFY DELETE SD CARD CONTENTS--necessary to allow saving data to SD card
3) FULL INTERNET ACCESS AND VIEW NETWORK STATE--necessary to determine if internet access is available when linking to articles and audios
You’re not alone in suffering from anxiety. At some point in our lives we all experience some form of stress. You might get anxiety from work, studying for exams, social occasions, bringing up a family or having more tasks than you can physically do. With so much worry, you lose the clear thinking that you need to manage your everyday life.
Acute anxiety can affect some of us too, in the form of a panic attack or phobia. This can really limit your quality of life too. You lose sleep, feel terrible and as though you can never relax.
But there is a natural treatment to deal with anxiety: hypnosis.
ENJOY A LIFE WITHOUT ANXIETY
Often anxiety is linked to deep, often irrational, fears and worries. Following certain triggers your subconscious mind can panic. Then you experience all the usual symptoms like feeling defensive, having a higher pulse and wanting to run away.
However hypnosis works by tapping into your subconscious mind, and changing how you react to these triggers.
The powerful hypnosis techniques in this app have been engineered to transform limiting subconscious beliefs. Using soothing music and a calming voice, this app will help you let go of your fears. You’ll be able to take a relaxing break from your troubles and be mindful of the causes of your anxiety that you have.
And by solving the root of the problem, you can experience natural, calming relief.
You should expect to see symptoms diminish within 1-3 weeks, with a simple 20 minute daily session. You’ll regain your confidence and be able to cope - no matter what life throws at you. You’ll feel more comfortable in social situations. You’ll get a great night’s sleep. And anxiety will be a thing of your past.
But don’t take our word for it - read what users are saying
JOIN THESE PEOPLE SAYING GOODBYE TO PANIC ATTACKS AND ANXIETY
“I have been experiencing unreasonable amounts of anxiety lately due to major life changes and decided to try this before turning to medication, and I'm glad I did. I downloaded three different brands of anxiety hypnosis apps and this is the only one I like. I like the woman's voice, and I like the imagery used to help me relax. I am definitely less anxious and seem more clear headed. ”
“I've had anxiety problems on and off over 30 years but in the past 15 it has grown progressively worse. Therapy has helped but this little app I think is helping as much or more. This is one of the best remedies I’ve ever found for something!”
“I’ve been fighting crippling anxiety for many years, it's so bad I am stuck in my home and only leave for doctor appointments. Since using this for a few weeks, I can truly say my anxiety is diminishing and I'm not afraid of the many fears that have plagued me for years. I truly am amazed and would recommend this to anyone.”
“I have had generalized anxiety disorder most of my life. This became worse post-menopause and led to bouts of depression. I didn’t know what to do or how to survive. My anxiety attacks diminished after a couple of times listening to the recording. I highly recommend this app!!!”
BEAT ANXIETY FOR GOOD
If you’re ready to see the end of anxiety, panic attacks and stress in your life - you’re ready for this app. Download now.
INTERACT WITH US
Surf City Apps creates a variety of health and wellness apps that provide the benefits of hypnosis. Tell us how you use our apps to improve your life:
Terms & Conditions: http://surfcityapps.com/terms
Acute Stress Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder
Postpartum Blues and Postpartum Depression
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Depersonalization Derealization Disorder
Binge Eating Disorder
Impulse Control Disorders
Intermittent Explosive Disorder
Overview of Personality Disorders
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder
Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Brief Psychotic Disorder
Female Orgasmic Disorder
Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
Factitious Disorder and Munchausen Syndrome
Idiopathic Environmental Intolerance
Somatic Symptom Disorder and Illness Anxiety Disorder
Delirium and Confusional States
Substance Use Disorders
Alcohol Use Disorder
Cannabis Use Disorder
Cocaine Use Disorder
Methamphetamine Use Disorder
Opioid Use Disorder
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is a required companion for students and clinicians who need to diagnose mental, psychological, and psychiatric disorders. This manual creates a diagnostic standard for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders and includes accepted criteria for objective assessment of psychiatric symptoms.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition is the most current resource for clinical practice available to mental health professionals.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is the definitive reference for the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders.
Psychiatrists are physicians and one of the few professionals in the mental health industry who specialize and are certified in treating mental illness using the biomedical approach to mental disorders including the use of medications.
Psychiatrists may also go through significant training to conduct psychotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy; however psychologists and clinical psychologists specialize in the research and clinical application of these techniques. The amount of training a psychiatrist holds in providing these types of therapies varies from program to program and also differs greatly based upon region.
Psychiatrists are the highest earning Medical professionals. Hence, the examinations for reviewing in this medical line is really tough. We have included here such really helpful around 250 questions which will make you ready for Psychiatrist, USMLE, ECFMG, NBME, ect.
************ BEST OF LUCK **********
- No Internet connectivity required
- Two modes : study and Test
- If you are confident about yourself turn the Negative Marking on and Test yourself
- Set the test/study mode timings, e.g. 10/15/20 up to 45 minutes
- Turn Sound ON/OFF.
- Question style also choose by you, i.e. Sequential or Random.
- During test, you can skip questions and answer them at end of test by marking them for review
- You can review questions at end of test agains your answers
- Top 5 scores for each set of combination will be presented
- Colorful Graphical representation of top 5 scores
MMPI - developed by Iefimenko Ievgen for Android.
Rules for testing:
- need to answer on answers yes or no;
- more than 80 questions will make the test result not valid, nonetheless You will see the conclusions in both cases;
- this test is intended for all sexes with no time limit.
- the result will not be saved if you do not have any psychological abnormalities by the testing process.
- describe how antipsychotics work on the pathophysiology of schizophrenia to improve core symptoms
- identify the basic dopamine pathways and their relationship with efficacy versus side effects
- discuss a unique treatment option for antipsychotic-induced hyperprolactinemia
- examine pharmacological characteristics of both 1st and 2nd generation antipsychotics
- discuss differences between the newer antipsychotics
- compare the mean increase in QTc prolongation for individual antipsychotics
- review treatment goals, guidelines for selection, and monitoring
- discuss unique pharmacological characteristics of vilazodone (Viibryd™) and vortioxetine (Brintellix™)
- review medication selection
- examine potential receptor targets
- describe the mechanism of antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction
Long-Acting Injectable Second Generation Antipsychotics
- aripiprazole monohydrate (Abilify Maintena™)
- olanzapine pamoate (Zyprexa® Relprevv™)
- paliperidone palmitate (Invega® Sustenna®)
- risperidone long-acting injectable (Risperdal® Consta®)
Second Generation Antipsychotic Oral Formulations
- iloperidone (Fanapt®)
- asenapine (Saphris®)
- lurasidone (Latuda®)
First Generation Antipsychotic Inhalation Powder
- loxapine inhalation powder (Adasuve®)
- vilazodone (Viibryd™)
- vortioxetine (Brintellix™)
All aboard! Come take a journey through the wonderful world of psychopharmacology!!!
Recommended by Appgovideo.com (http://www.appgovideo.com/)
you can buy the ADfree version from amazon app store for 5$
- Suitable for Under/Post Graduates ; Physicians/Psychiatrists/Psychologists/Social Workers/Pro-Nurses.
- Ultra Rapid to fill in.
-Fairely detailed with Hundreds of choices covering basic psychiatric symptoms as well as rare symptomatology.
-Is a reference perse
- Checking boxes increases inter rater reliability, and makes it more suitable to researches.
- Patient's sheet will be saved on the root folder of the SDCARD named : MSEDS--.txt , that can be reopenned by ms notepad / ms word and edited/printed
- the full database is saved on the root of the SDCARD with the name : "resultsm.db" , this can be exported "by a 3rd party software to SPSS or ms excel ;) , email me and i ll tell you how.
- in cases of errors just delete the resultsm.db file and reinstall
- this is still in early development stage and your feedback is appreciated.
Administration time 10–15 minutes
Main purpose To assess the severity of symptoms of anxiety
Population Adults, adolescents and children
The HAM-A was one of the first rating scales developed
to measure the severity of anxiety symptoms, and is still
widely used today in both clinical and research settings.
The scale consists of 14 items, each defined by a series of
symptoms, and measures both psychic anxiety (mental
agitation and psychological distress) and somatic anxiety
(physical complaints related to anxiety). Although the
HAM-A remains widely used as an outcome measure in
clinical trials, it has been criticized for its sometimes poor ability to discriminate between anxiolytic and antidepressant effects, and somatic anxiety versus somatic side effects. The HAM-A does not provide any standardized
probe questions. Despite this, the reported levels of inter-
rater reliability for the scale appear to be acceptable.
Each item is scored on a scale of 0 (not present) to 4
(severe), with a total score range of 0–56, where <17 indi-
cates mild severity, 18–24 mild to moderate severity and
25–30 moderate to severe.