Designed by world-renowned grandmaster of memory, Ed Cooke, Memrise combines the most effective memorisation techniques know to humanity with delightful and addictive gameplay.
Learn over 200 different languages - including Spanish, French, German, Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese), Mandarin Chinese (traditional and simplified Chinese Characters), Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Irish, Welsh, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Catalan, Icelandic, Polish, Russian, Arabic (standard Arabic, Moroccan Arabic, Egyptian Arabic, Gulf Arabic etc)… and even constructed languages from Esperanto to Klingon, Toki Pona, Dothraki and Na’vi.
With over 500,000 courses to choose from, whether you are just getting started learning a new language, or if you’re looking for a focused course to help you ace an exam, Memrise has a course to will fit your needs.
- Training for SATs, GMAT, TESOL, TOEFL, TOEIC, and other standardised tests
- Revision courses for GCSE, A-Level, IBAC and more
- Train your Brain by learning capital cities, history, geography, pub quiz trivia and much more!
WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND US?
On the web: www.memrise.com
On Twitter: @memrise
By Email: email@example.com
AnkiDroid lets you learn flashcards very efficiently by showing them just before you would forget. It is fully compatible with the spaced repetition software Anki (including synchronization), which is available for Windows/Mac/Linux/ChromeOS.
Study all sorts of things wherever and whenever you want. Make good use of idle times on bus trips, in supermarket queues or any other waiting situation!
Create your own flashcard decks or download free decks compiled for many languages and topics (more than 6000 available).
Add material through the desktop application Anki or directly through Ankidroid. The application even supports adding material automatically from a dictionary!
★ Key features:
• supported flashcard contents: text, images, sounds, LaTeX
• spaced repetition (supermemo 2 algorithm)
• text-to-speech integration
• more than 6000 premade decks
• progress widget
• detailed statistics
• syncing with AnkiWeb
• open source
★ Additional features:
• write answers (optional)
• card editor/adder
• card browser
• tablet layout
• import existing collection files (via Anki Desktop)
• dictionary integration (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Leo.org, Aedict, diverse web dictionaries)
• add cards by intent from other applications like dictionaries
• custom font support
• full backup system
• navigation by swipe, tap, shake
• fully customisable
• dynamic deck handling
• night mode
• 27 localisations
• All previous AnkiDroid versions can be downloaded from the website
★ Game-based learning course: an easy start for beginners memrise;
★ Quality courses based on the CEFR;
★ Learning while testing (provides review and consolidation);
★ Native pronunciation at standard or slower speed;
★ A novel way to study Chinese/Mandarin characters/pinyin;
★ Displays Chinese/Mandarin as pinyin or characters or both;
★ Switches easily between simplified and traditional Chinese/mandarin;
★ Learning progress synchronised across iPad, iPhone, iPod touch;
★ Keep new vocabulary and sentence patterns in your long-term memory;
★ Effective and efficient for learners on the go;
Playing for 10 minutes per day significantly increases your memrise of the expansive Chinese language(mandarin) to a conversational level, regardless of whether you have a background in Chinese/Mandarin or not.
What you will be getting out of "Learn Chinese" with no cost:
★ 50+ Chinese/mandarin language conversational topics
★ 150+ Chinese/mandarin grammar structures
★ 200+ sentence patterns
★ 1000+ keywords and phrases
★ 2000+ essential Chinese/mandarin language characters
Lessons that cover:
★ Mandarin Chinese Basics/Pinyin
★ Shopping in China
★ travelling to China (e.g., Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan,suzhou,kunming)
★ Chinese food
★ Chinese/mandarin games
Check out some reviews of "Learn Chinese":
► "I really enjoy this app (avid)! I pay a lot for a Mandarin's beginners class in China suzhou and in three days with this app I learned more. And I used several tools:Pleco, duolingo, edmodo, livemocha, memrise."
► "A great app for students to practice their reading, writing and listening. I am a Chinese/Mandarin teacher(not in China) teaching beginning level of grade 4,5 and 6 in USA. This app has great potential as teaching/reviewing tool for Chinese Mandarin language learners."
► "I use a suite of tools: Nulinuli,avid, Mindsnacks, Brainscape, Pleco, Kunming, Rosetta Stone, memrise, Battery Doctor, Edmodo,Blackboard,Airbnb,HelloTalk,memrise,livemocha,PicsArt. I was very excited to find ChineseSkill. It's definitely become my favorite. It makes a big effort to teach a range of elements. Characters,pinyin, tones, syntax, grammar. And most importantly it has a review feature which is crucial and often missing in language learning. Definitely give ChineseSkill a go."
► "I am an avid user of Duolingo. I felt both intrigued and bad for trying Chinese/mandarin Skills because I thought I was supporting an imitation. Feelings now is that this app definitely imitates duolingo's app but in return offers us a Duolingo like progression of vocabulary and grammar for Mandrin. There will be plenty of demand for such a course and at least such a resource now exists"
► "This is one of the best Mandarin Chinese learning apps out there! It teaches you both important vocabulary and grammar. It is a must have(avid)! Plus, other apps are expensive and still cannot compare to the quality of this app. I live in China suzhou now."
"Learn Chinese" keywords: language,languages,phrase, vocabulary, PBS, memrise,duolingo, dictionary,rosetta, translate, speak, talk, study, lesson, course, travel,china, taiwan, elevate, mathway, babbel, classdojo, mandarin, busuu
ChineseSkill keywords: dictionary, translator,udemy,phrase,vocabulary,course,lesson, conversation,avid, learn, translate,PlayKids,mandarin,China,language,tocfl,Airbnb,livemocha
Travel keywords:china, beijing, shanghai, hong kong, taiwan, macau,xi'an,xian,suzhou,li jiang,kunming
The mobile app is a companion study tool to the iKnow! website (iknow.jp). With this app, you can enjoy the iKnow! experience on your phone or tablet.
Your iKnow! study progress on your Android device is automatically synched to your PC account, so you can study in the way that best matches your needs and lifestyle.
“Japanese, Chinese, and English”
Official courses are offered for studying Japanese, Chinese, and SAT English. The Japanese Core 6000 covers the 6,000 most commonly used words in Japanese, and the Chinese Core 2000 covers the 2,000 most commonly used words in Chinese. All words have sample sentences and audio.
“Spaced rehearsal learning”
iKnow! presents items in a spaced rehearsal pattern optimized for efficient learning. iKnow! calculates an optimal moment to review what you have learned so that you can learn more effectively.
iKnow! tells you what to study and when. Based on your targets and performance, iKnow! manages your study for you.
- Four study applications: iKnow!, Sentence Trainer, Brainspeed, and Listening.
- iKnow!: Master words and phrases with our patented learning algorithms.
- Sentence Trainer: Master sentence patterns and constructions.
- Brainspeed: Fast-paced quizzing and review.
- Listening: Listen to content on the go. You can slow down, loop, and favorite any audio.
- Study progress synched across Android, iOS and PC accounts
You can translate, collect & memorize words, phrases, idioms and other chunks of language.
Vocabla is like dictionary, that never forgets about your vocabulary.
It can help you learn 300+ English words/month.
How it works:
New English word? Add it to Vocabla. Memorize it.
It's like a game: collect words from your everyday life context or from your professional activities.
Have fun learning new vocab with interactive simple tests.
* You can learn English words using: Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Turkish, Portuguese, Polish. Other language? Learn using English definitions
* Different trainings: Flashcards, Multiple Choice Test
* Library with the best word lists ready to use
* Different levels of lists to learn from: for beginners, intermediate & advanced learners
* You can share lists with other learners
* Your progress stats
* Users ranking
* Custom word translations
* You can learn pronunciation with sound to practice your spoken English. Audio will improve your speaking skills (Go Pro Plan)
* You can synchronize between multiple devices (Go Pro Plan)
Also available on your computer: http://vocabla.com
Let's face it, not everyone can commit full-time to learning a language. We know there are many things going on in your life: school, work, the kids, that special someone. That's why we developed WordPower Learn Arabic Vocabulary Lite for the ultra-busy, 21st century lifestyle. There's absolutely no reason to miss out on all the benefits of learning Arabic just because you're light on time. With WordPower Learn Arabic Vocabulary Lite, you'll start down the road to fluency and reap the rewards that go with it.
With WordPower Learn Arabic Vocabulary Lite, you'll master 200 of the most frequently used words and phrases in the Arabic language right on your Android device! The app doubles as a mini travel guide packed with cultural insights and practical Arabic phrases. Learn Arabic with audio recordings of a native Arabic speaker and a voice recorder so you can master perfect pronunciation anywhere, anytime. This list of the 200 most frequently used Arabic words is compact enough to fit a little review into you busy schedule. Study at your convenience at times and places that work for you! WordPower Learn Arabic Vocabulary Lite also comes with an addictive Word of the Day alert and free Arabic audio lessons when you sign up for a free ArabicPod101.com account inside the app.
What makes WordPower so effective? It's Fun, Fast and Easy to Use!
WordPower Learn Arabic Vocabulary Lite FEATURES:
- Completely redesigned UI. The user interface has been redesigned from the ground up to be much cleaner, beautiful, and more user friendly
- New! Android Tablet support
- Arabic Top 100 Words: A special list of words specific to daily life in Egypt or another Arabic speaking country. You’ll learn handy cultural insights with every entry transforming Word Power into a mini travel and cultural handbook (3G or WiFi required to access Wikipedia links within the app)
- Essential Arabic vocabulary all in one place showing you the spelling, translation, pronunciation, image, class and gender (Note: You will need an internet connection for the initial download)
- Sample Sentences: See and hear practical sample sentences with every word entry
- Free Audio Lessons: Learn more than just words! Access the newest ArabicPod101.com audio lessons when you sign up for a Free Lifetime Account within the app
- Updated Basic Resources: Want to explore the Arabic language even more? Learn everything you need to know with this comprehensive source of Arabic learning tips, information and material
- Easy to Use Design: Intuitive Android swipe navigation allows visual learners to browse vocabulary images quickly. Find everything you need without excessive swiping and tapping
- Custom Flashcard Settings: You're in control of your study sessions. Mix up question types (recognition, production, audio and visual) for a full understanding of each word
- Listening Practice: Hear each word's proper pronunciation by a native speaker
- Perfect your Pronunciation: Compare your pronunciation to the native speaker's with the Voice Recorder, easily accessible throughout the app
- Personalized Word Bank: Save difficult or useful words, with their audio files, to review at any time
- Advanced Search Function: Search entire database in English or Arabic
- Progress Bar: Keep track of how many words you have really mastered
- Authentic Arabic pronunciation
200 words not enough?
Upgrade to WordPower Learn Arabic Vocabulary full edition to get 2000 more words and phrases!
* over 500 words to get you started in learning Spanish
* three types of exercises from easy to difficult to make learning a new word a more gradual experience
* multiple choice to get familiar with the words
* the classic hangman game as an intermediate step to learning the full word
* text to speech and speech to text to help with the pronounciation of the words
tags: memory practice spacing repetition mexican babel babbel memrise memorise list interval translation dictionary spain language travel guide tourist phrases tts stt speak speaking duolingo duo lingo
For information of glSDR and the servers, use the About menu.
The first client that connects to a server is in master mode, and has control over the vfo and other controls so that it can tune and change bands and frequency etc. Subsequent client connections will be put in slave mode where the slave clients can only listen to the audio and watch the spectrum and waterfall in passive mode. When the master disconnects, the next slave in line will become the new master. When there are many simultaneous clients, the network bandwidth may be exceeded and some slaves will not have audio. You can see the master/slave status of your connection in the Title bar.
There is automatic Rx IQ Correction that you can enable/disable via the DSP tab. Note that you should enable Rx IQ Correction only for servers connected to IQ based SDR hardware (eg Softrock, UHFSDR), but NOT for direct sampling hardware (eg Perseus).
It has better display for high bandwidth servers. These servers have sampling rates of 480 ksps or more thus the spectrum/waterfall displays a wide bandwidth.
Minimum of Ver 8 is needed for new versions of servers with a revamped Local Oscillator Offset mechanism.
Ver 9 has spectrum/waterfall zoom feature. Use pinch motion to zoom/unzoom. I have found it easier to put one finger in a fixed position, and then zoom/unzoom by moving the other finger.
Ver 10 has improved drag tuning taking into account the zoom factor.
Ver 11 has been tweaked for backward compatibility with Android 2.2 devices.
Ver 12 has Spectrum Averaging options and also one FMN filter at 80khz for listening to Wide Band FM Broadcasts.
Ver 13 has more Spectrum Averaging levels.
glSDR has TRANSMIT capability in voice modes, ie SSB, AM, NBFM etc. However, you need to supply the User and Password to enable transmit when connecting to a password protected server (ie ALL the public online servers). Also, it requires that your device is capable of MIC input at 8khz sampling rate. DO NOT install this version if your device is not compatible !!!
Version 25 has FILTER MENU updated swhen MODE changes. The zoom action is also magnified when unzoomed or at low zoom so that you can zoom "faster" initially.
Version 26 has been tweaked to support Adreno GPU based devices by working around some issues with 24 bit color transparent overlay surfaces in Adreno driver.
Version 27 has the waterfall initialized correctly.
Version 28 has bugfix for band specific frequency after changing from a slave connection to a master connection.
Version 29 has a customized View of the FILTER MENU to indicated the currently selected Filter.
Version 30 has a customized View of the SERVER MENU to indicated the currently selected Server.
Version 31 has an easier to understand error message when a Server is unavailable.
Version 33 has a MASTER menu button that can take over a server as the master connection, provided you have the User/Password set for the server. The User/Password is usually known only to the server owner.
Version 35 has minor bug fixes and a new MENU option for the arrow keys.
Version 36 fixes the bug when a blank Frequency is entered.
Version 38 has a MENU item for users to donate bitcoins to the project.
Version 39 has a DSP checkbox for RX DC Block. This eliminates or reduces the central spike in some radios from differential in the DC potential of the I and Q channels.
Version 40 has a "Donate Bitcoin" menu item for you to support this project. The bitcoins donated will go towards improving the number and quality of the backend servers and service quality.
Version 41 has improved stability to prevent crashes on fast rotation of screen orientation.
Native connects you to native language speakers from around the world.
Find Native speakers of the language you are learning today!
- Find a Native to have a conversation with using the Native app.
- Just select the language you wish to practice and browse Natives that speak that language.
- If the Native is online you can call them directly (the call happens over data and is like using any free VOIP service)
- If the Native is offline you can schedule a call with them. They will be notified that you wish to speak with them.
- Once the call is completed you can rate and comment on the Native and share your experience on facebook and twitter.
An entirely new and modern way to practice languages is at your fingertips.
Download Native now. Learn directly from native speakers.
You may have used Duolingo, Memrise, Busuu, Rosetta stone to learn vocabulary and grammar. Now practise what you have learned with real native speakers!
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/getnativehq
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/getnativeapp
Learn more about becoming a Native
Learn more at getnative.co
**If you like Native, please consider reviewing the app**
This course perfectly fits your learning style: you will learn at your own pace and every day you will see improvements after each lesson. Learning Spanish was never so fast and easy, try it!
5 million users are learning with our courses, join our community!
✔ The perfect Spanish course for beginners or advanced students, with 420 Spanish lessons from a basic to an advanced level (A1, A2 and B1 levels). Before starting the course, you can take a Spanish exam that will place you at the correct level.
✔An easy, guided learning process. You will feel you learn Spanish from the very beginning.
✔ Our spaced repetition system (revision tests at increasing intervals) allows you to learn gradually with no frustrations.
✔ You can learn Mexican & Spain (Europe) Spanish. It's up to you which one you study.
✔ Spanish vocabulary exercises to learn and understand more than 9,000 words. You will also have phrase and sentence exercises to learn how to use those new words correctly. All of them are recorded so that you can focus on the pronunciation and intonation of the new words and sentences, a way to improve your listening skills! You will never say again “espanol” but you will say “espaÑol” :)
✔ Easy and detailed explanations in every lesson, with lots of example sentences. Learn once and for all!
✔Spanish Grammar exercises at the end of every lesson to reinforce what you’ve already learned.
✔ Reading exercises with true or false questions. Test your reading skills while you learn Spanish vocabulary!
✔ Audios in Mexican & Castilian Spanish.
In the course there are two types of accounts:
- Basic: this account is free, but you have restricted access to certain parts of the course.
- Premium: with this account you have complete access to all of the course content and material.
It is necessary to create an account to join our course. All you need is your email and a password.
When you access the course for the first time, we give you a month of Premium access for free to try everything that we have to offer. When the trial month finishes, your account will automatically convert to a Basic account.
That's it, with no hidden fees.
This course requires Internet connection. All of your progress will be automatically saved so the next time you enter the course you will be able to continue where you left off, regardless of the device you are using.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wlingua - #Wlingua / @Wlingua
Blog: http://blog.wlingua.com/ – you will find comments from Wlinguers about our method.
Visit our web http://www.wlingua.com/
The Playground allows you to test your own Java code snippets, with real-time error checking, code completion just like in a full-grown programming environment.
Java programming skills are the foundation for a wide range of software development areas, including Android app development and enterprise software development. Start learning today!
To get access to all lessons a subscription is required.
* Hello World
* Program Structure
* Data Types
* Operators Introduction
* Relational Operators
* Variables Introduction
* Variable Modification
* Variable Types
* If Statements
* If-Else Statements
* While Loops
* For Loops
* Static Methods
* Classes and Objects
* Access Modifiers
* Packages and Imports
Keywords: java, learn, tutorial, interactive, m-learning, self-paced learning, programming, development, programmer, training, trainer, course
23 Japanese lessons to learn the basic concepts and grammatical structures
Each lesson contains a Japanese text, a grammar page, and a culture page to learn Japanese customs and understand how the Japanese think.
JAPANESE KANA & KANJI
Learn Hiragana/Katakana progressively by levels
Learn Kanji by Jouyou Grades and JLPT levels
Manage your personal lists
Listen to the pronunciation of each Kana
Detailed statistics to track your progress and mistakes
Increase the quiz difficulty progressively: easy, medium, hard
Add a countdown to limit the time yo have to answer (for medium and hard difficulty level)
Learn how to draw Hiragana, Katakana AND Kanji properly
900 Common Japanese phrases for real life communication
Learn Japanese phrases with audio clips by a native speaker
Keep your most useful Japanese phrases in your personal list
Take a quiz to learn actively useful sentences
1855 words with audio clip by a native speaker
Take audio quizzes!
Create your personal lists of Japanese words
Comments are added to explain the word when necessary
Search for any word from English or Romaji
500 numbers with audio clips by a native speaker
Listen and understand numbers from 0 to 10,000
Take audio quizzes
Create your personal list
Search a Japanese number from its numerical value or Romaji
Read numbers in Kanji, Romaji or numerical value
60 Japanese particles clearly explained and sorted with examples
45 Japanese counters you should know to count objects in Japanese
1800 Japanese verbs translated and conjugated in many forms
100 grammartical sheets ordered by JLPT that explain easy to advanced Japanese structures with translated examples.
Buying the application thanks to the integrated In-App Billing system gives you access to additional downloadable contents.
> TEST YOUR SPANISH >
This Activity explains you how to pronounce Spanish properly and also checks your pronunciation to make sure you do it right.
Each test consists from ten Spanish phrases, and at the end of each test is evaluated your score, which you can later improve.
> TRANSLATE >
The real time translation service lets you immediately translate between the following languages:
Additionally, the application provides a list of related phrases.
Mark your favourite translations for easy access. Moreover you can use your translation history to access a previous translation quickly, even when you're offline.
> PHRASEBOOK (QUICK GUIDE) >
Tap a phrase and it will be pronounced for you in your language and then in Spanish.
The app gives you a complete mix of useful and social phrases and words.
> LISTENING >
The application dictates the text in a Spanish website while you read along. Practice your listening and reading at the same time. E.g., you can brush up on your Spanish by having the app read a website or a RSS feed to you.
[ REQUERIMENTS / IMPORTANT INFORMATION ]
- You must have installed the Spanish voice ("Pico TTS", “IVONA”, etc.) and the voice for the language configured on your mobile.
To check this go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings > Pico TTS (Pico TTS settings) and then click on "Install voice data" and install at least the Spanish "Pico TTS", and the "Pico TTS" for the language configured on your mobile
- To check whether your phone has voice recognition capabilities make sure you have this package installed on your mobile: Voice recognition: "Voice search"
- The supported languages are: Spanish, German, English, French and Italian.
1) Learn morse code characters through the following modes
- graphical mode: morse code will be displayed as dots and dashes
- vocal mode: morse code will be spoken as dots and dashes
- sounding mode: morse code will be played as tones
- vibrating mode: morse code will be vibrated
- flashing mode: morse code will be played as light flashes
2) Become familiar with different morse code speeds
40 BpM = 8 WpM
60 BpM = 12 WpM
80 BpM = 16 WpM
100 BpM = 20 WpM
120 BpM = 24 WpM
3) Improve skills by practicing different modes/speeds and time measuring
(Activate checkbox “continue after correct answer”)
All morse code characters will be played randomly. After one run the time will be taken and displayed.
4) Contest / Game
MorseMind can be used as a game or to compare skills with others.
To my knowledge MorseMind is the first app which offers this selection of modes.
The programmer Paul Finkler developed this nice app with me. We are looking forward for feedbacks and suggestions.