QST entertains and informs with news, construction projects, tutorials, and much more. That's why it is the most widely read Amateur Radio publication in the world. The digital version of QST goes even further with audio, video, and other content not found in the printed journal. Not an ARRL member? Join now at: www.arrl.org/join
We love ham/amateur radio just like you do, and, as ARRL VEC (Volunteer Exam Coordinators) ourselves, take pleasure in helping others learn the material and pass their exams.
Yes! Five by Five will help you prepare for any or all of your FCC Amateur Radio Technician, General, and/or Extra Exams.
Yes! The software is a purchase, not a license. Buy it once, and use it for life!
Yes! All charts and figures that you'll need to reference are included.
Yes! There is a built-in update to help you ensure that you have the latest questions (don't trust the many out of date test banks floating out on the web!)
Yes! There are numerous useful study and learning modes.
Yes! Thousands of people have used our products to quickly and efficiently prepare for their tests
Yes! You can be next.
Please note that this app is intended to teach you the questions and answers in the shortest amount of time. EXPLANATIONS TO THE QUESTIONS ARE NOT PROVIDED. However, most users don't need them - hundreds of people have used our apps, as is, to prepare for the tests. The advantage of our app over others is our fast interface which can save you up to dozens of hours over the study process!
"I took my Tech test today and I couldn't believe that every question and answer looked very familiar. I was totally prepared for the test by using your app. I completed the test in a very few minutes, my confidence grew with each question that I saw because I had seen them all before!" - JW
"Your program got me here with ease. You have a wonderful program and I would tell anyone that this would be the way to go. I have such confidence that even the next day I am studying for the "General" class. Thanks fellows!" - CM
"Want to say what a pleasure it was to use the [Five by Five] Ham FCC test preparation .. I used it to pass the Technician - General - and yesterday the Extra. Without the help of this software I would not have had a chance obtaining any of these pass results.. A big thank you and may you continue to successfully create such clever so easy to use - wonderful software." - AS
for more quotes from real users of our materials, please see our homepage. This is a system that works! Why not get this great, easy to use app that actually saves you study time, has actual questions, and is easy to use.
Even though Morse Code is becoming increasingly popular around the world in underground pop culture, it's astonishing to know that 99% of the people of the world either do not know Morse Code or even care that it exists. For you lucky few that have come to realize or even imagine the benefit from being able to communicate with others via eye blinking, table tapping, or smoke signals then this app will be an invaluable asset to you as you study your way to becoming a Morse Code ninja.
*****Please be aware that this app uses your device's vibrator to play the Morse code pulses. If your device does not have a vibrator such as the motorola Xoom or if your vibrator is disabled in some way you will not be able to use the app. When I get some spare time I plan to update it to use a variety of methods for playback, but for now please be aware of this limitation.
* Keeps track of your accuracy and provides a report per character at the end of a lesson.
* Intuitive keyboard with all the characters covered in the lessons, including prosigns.
* Hear how the new character sounds before a session starts so you can prepare for the lesson.
* You can opt to keep track of results yourself on a piece of paper.
* Farnsworth timing so you can reduce the effective speed if you fall behind without breaking the character rhythm (aligned to ARRL recommendations that preserves spacing ratios).
* Option to play new characters more frequently (handy for learning new characters). New characters are also *guaranteed* to appear in the lesson.
* Option to play all characters with equal probability (handy for practising all characters).
* Includes 43 characters including letters, digits, punctuations and prosigns.
* Choose the session duration, which character is next in sequence, WPM, different tone frequencies and more.
* Help is available from the app menu.
* Free (ad-supported).
Feedback, Suggestions and Issues:
For any feedback, suggestions or issues, please email Byron at email@example.com.
* Internet and Network state: To display ads.
You can practice
or any combination of the above.
You can also select if you want to see or hear the morse codes, or both.
The concept of this app is to practice individual letters, not words or sentences.
Vibrate on mistakes.
1) Learn morse code characters through the following modes
- graphical mode: morse code will be displayed as dots and dashes
- vocal mode: morse code will be spoken as dots and dashes
- sounding mode: morse code will be played as tones
- vibrating mode: morse code will be vibrated
- flashing mode: morse code will be played as light flashes
2) Become familiar with different morse code speeds
40 BpM = 8 WpM
60 BpM = 12 WpM
80 BpM = 16 WpM
100 BpM = 20 WpM
120 BpM = 24 WpM
3) Improve skills by practicing different modes/speeds and time measuring
(Activate checkbox “continue after correct answer”)
All morse code characters will be played randomly. After one run the time will be taken and displayed.
4) Contest / Game
MorseMind can be used as a game or to compare skills with others.
To my knowledge MorseMind is the first app which offers this selection of modes.
The programmer Paul Finkler developed this nice app with me. We are looking forward for feedbacks and suggestions.