"Trek meets Hammurrabi"
Suggestions for improvement are gratefully accepted via email. Please see Developer Website for details.
The World of WarPath
WarPath places you in the distant future of a galaxy not unlike our own. In this galaxy, empires have evolved, spread out and discovered they were not alone. After an adolescent conflict stage, the empires settled down to a long period of quasi-peace.
Four empires have ascended to pre-eminence and divided the galaxy between them into quadrants, each ruled by a different house. The peace between houses is maintained by an artificial energy barrier which separates the quadrants.
This barrier was designed to destroy any ship which attempted to leave its home quadrant. The barrier itself is left over from an ancient civilization which intended to keep the empires apart until they were mature enough to deal with each other.
Progress is sometimes the enemy of peace.
The Simpson's Chaos theory of AD 4923 led to the development of the chaos-deflecting shield layer. For the first time, it was possible to add shield layers together for a cumulative effect. As a result, it became possible at last to cross the barriers, but with no guarantee that you would survive.
Into this universe, you were born. Your youth on the home planet of your quadrant was uneventful. However, recently a major change has come to the galaxy.. the Path.
Although knowledge of the Path was suppressed for millennia by the philosophers of the galaxy, a popular television show released its details to the masses. It is now known that all philosophical and economic pursuits can be divided into two Paths: The Path of Peace (symbolized by the green aura) and the Path of War (symbolized by the red aura).
As news of the Path spread throughout the galaxy, each of the galactic houses were quick to align with one Path or the other. The other planets, slow to adopt to new trends, have remained uncommitted (as symbolized by the yellow aura of indecision).
Your job is to embrace the Path of your empire, and to influence the uncommitted planets into following your Path. Of course, you may have a fundamental disagreement with the Path of your empire and may choose to follow a Path of your own.
* Play solo or online with up to four players: bots or humans in any mix, via wifi or 3G.
* Configurable Bot AI
* Choose your own Empire, Ship Design, and Path
* Explorable galaxy of planets to be exploited for resources, colonized for your Path, or subjugated.
* Equip your ship with shields, pods, and weapons by shopping on friendly planets.
* Develop planets through investment in agriculture, defense, industry, education, mining, and space dock
* Earn tax income from populations following your Path.
* Increasing Tek level unlocks additional weapons and upgrades
* Earn achievements
* Dogfight with other ships or battle planets directly with bombs.
* Diplomatic Radio allows remote coercion of planetary leaders through bribery, flattery, or threat.
* Built-in hint system to discover the game's many features.
* Useful ship extensions like Radar, Galactic Guide, and Stealth shields
* Text chat with other players.
* Status panels show galactic and planetary details.
* Credit system allows you to borrow money in an emergency.
* Weapons include basic phasers, missiles, bombs, and mines, as well as hunter-seekers, neutron bombs, quark-busters, and plague bombs.
* Watch plague spread throughout the galaxy, or cure it planet by planet.
* Multiple User Interface modes
* Multiple Saved Game Slots (Captain's Logs) ( Solo games are auto-saved on exit, and can be resumed later)
You job is to use the "magical" buckets to catch the meteor before they hit the ground or destroy all the people on the planet. Sounds easy enough? Each level, the number of meteors dropped will increase and so doesn't the speed! Every 1000 points grants you a new level!
Difficulty Level: On easy, you start off with 3 buckets. You lose 1 bucket for each difficulty level. On the plus side, you gain 1 bonus point for each extra difficulty level.
Scoring: There are 8 levels of scoring. You get 1 point per caught meteor for each level. For example, if you are on level 5, then each meteor would be worth 5 points. This is the amount received on easy. If the game was played on medium, then the amount per bomb would be 6.
If a meteor hits the ground, you lose a bucket/life. You will gain a life back each 1000 points to a maximum of 3. Also, when a meteor hits the ground, your level will be lowered by 1.
With five levels and six difficulties per level put your reflexes to the test. Most people can earn one star, can you be a five star universe defender?
Only time and your skills will tell. Try Universe Defender today.
This app is supported via search. Please note that the following will be added to your device once you download the app – Search icon, bookmark link and browser homepage. You can delete/replace these search points easily. This is a way to make money from this app and giving it to you for free. Thank you for your understanding.
More from developer
Created by: Zac Evans-Golden, Tom King, and Brian Ruff
Lite version is missing several of the features found in the full version found here:
Due to the attraction of rogue planets, your galaxy is becoming unstable! Luckily, the immense gravity in the center of your galaxy causes dust to collect and form Spheroids. Your mission: throw Spheroids into matching planets in order to destroy them, stabilizing your galaxy! The three exciting game modes require strategic, skillful throws and quick reflexes, while considering interactions between Spheroids.
Classic - Keep your galaxy stable for as long as possible. Try to get the highest score!
Time Attack - You have 3 minutes to rack up as many points as possible
Planet Destruction - Have all the planets on the screen destroyed at once
- Be careful destroying planets, as planets can have positive or negative effects
- Throwing a Spheroid into the space where another Spheroid is forming can cause them to fuse together
- After throwing a Spheroid, it is possible to re-throw it in a different direction while it’s moving
- Your score multiplier can reach 5x with successive correct hits