Proximity Sensor Finder tells you a few things about your device:
1. Does the device have a proximity sensor?
2. Is an object in close proximity detected?
3. Does this device support actual proximity distances or just "covered" and "uncovered" sensor states?
4. For supported devices, exactly how far away is the object?
5. How long has the sensor been covered?
6. How much power is the proximity sensor consuming?
We developed Proximity Sensor Finder as an internal testing tool but it soon became apparent that there was a need in the market for just such an app, so we decided to ship it and make it free!
Internet and location permissions requested are just for ads, no other data is transmitted or received.
Small, innovative and very useful utility, allowing you to perform various actions using the proximity sensor of your device.
Users of Advanced Screen Control would recognize some of the functionality and would appreciate the cleaner UI and the additional features. This is a continuation of my efforts related to the proximity sensor utilization.
"Wave" means to wave (or slide) your hand (or finger) closely in front of the proximity sensor of your device, in accordance with the chosen settings.
"Hold" means to block the proximity sensor and quickly release it after feeling the vibration.
WARNING: Using this app requires some level of technical awareness and understanding of what the proximity sensor is, where it is and how it works! Make sure you carefully read the this app description and each of the in-app options' description before use!
✔ Music: Play/Pause (Android 3.0 and up), Play Next, Play Previous;
✔ Lock the device;
✔ Wake up and optionally unlock the device;
✔ Toggle Auto-Rotation On/Off;
✔ Change the screen orientation, without releasing the orientation lock (Android 3.0 and up);
✔ Launch any app;
✔ Toggle the LED light On/Off (if available).
✔ Home screen shortcuts for starting or stopping service (can be used with Tasker)
DISCLAIMER: Some devices (LG, HTC and other) seem to have slower proximity sensors so you would have to adjust the settings and wave slower, but the app works on every device with functioning proximity sensor!
Contact me if you want to help translate or fix a translation!
The app hardly use any battery power. You shouldn't even see it in the statistics.
TO UNINSTALL: Uncheck the "Device Administrator" option in the app first!
AD SYSTEM: The app is ad-supported. Due to its nature of a background service which is used without a visible UI, it has a unique ad system, which may show an ad in the bottom of the screen after a use, but no more then once or twice per day. Ads are shown for few seconds, have a button for immediate dismissal and do not interrupt your activity in any way, other then just by being shown. By installing the app you agree to see those ads in the way described above. There is an "Ad-Free use" option for people who support the development otherwise. Contact me for more information!
This app is developed solely by me, initially for personal use, as I couldn't find such anywhere. If you like my work and want to support my efforts - please give a 5 star rating and share it with your friends! You can also buy me a drink in the app! Thanks!
Most of the permissions are self-explanatory and are needed by the app's functionality.
The INTERNET and the LOCATION permissions are needed by the ads.
The ACCOUNTS permission is needed to grant ad-free use to people who support the development otherwise.
The CAMERA permission is for using the LED light.
ROOT is currently required if any ad-blocking is detected and the "Ad-Free use" option is not checked. It will also be used for some new features.
No personal information is collected and/or sent whatsoever!
1) Turn off the screen by sliding your hand
2) Turn off the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold)
3) Turn on the screen by Covering the sensor for a duration of time (Tap and Hold) - Note: This can cause Battery Drain
4) Enable screen on/off during calls only
5) ScreenOff shortcut, to turn off the screen by launching the app.
6) Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
Motivation to build this app:
1) While the phone is in pocket, and you have your bluetooth headset connected, even though you can answer your call with a click of bluetooth headset button, because the screen goes on and remains on, your call may hang-up or go on hold or probably few buttons may get pressed, isn't that annoying?
2) Lot of android phones don’t turn off the screen when phone is held close ear (You may end up hanging up on someone)
3) Accidental call pickups: Since capacitive screens are sensitive to touch as well as heat, An Incoming call gets picked up automatically when phone is in the pocket (And we get obliged to speak to annoying calls)
4) Its Cool!!!
5) If you are a HD2 user, you would know the pain. Many users have replaced that hardware buttons due to usage!!!
NOTE: To un-install, go Settings, Locations & Security, Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
For Support: Post you questions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280#
1) HD2, Desire HD, Nexus One, Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
You'll be able to test the following:
Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity sensor, pressure sensor...
You'll be able to check your LAN status: internal & external IP, gateway, DHCP server...
Signal, network type, external IP, SIM data...
You'll see the real data provided by the GPS: satellites, latitude, longitude, altitude, speed...
Level of charge, time on, temperature, health...
How many points of contact does your device recognize?
Information about hardware and software like CPU, RAM, kernel version, screen...
This app is similar to EVEREST or AIDA64, but apart from showing the components and system information, it also shows sensors readings.
The Pro version of Phone Tester displays more information (CPU speed, phone memory, sd card memory) and removes the ads.
** back to the users directly which is very sad so let me help you if my app gave you a problem. You can still leave a ** negative feedback but still, please let me help. You can email me through this page or through the app. Thanks!
Ever considering having a Smart Cover feature for your Android Device? Now you can!!
This application allows you to Turn On your screen after removing it from cover.
Gentlemen, do you keep your device in your pockets? Check your device status immediately after taking it out without pressing any buttons!!
Ladies, do you keep your device in your bag? This application will turn on your screen for you without you having to reach for the buttons!
Might you be using a Device Wallet which also acts as a Cover?
** Turn on your Screen and automatically unlock!!
** Turn on/off your screen without using Power or Home buttons.
** Perform magic tricks. ^_^
** Disable in Landscape mode
** Beep option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Brian)
** Choice of tone for the above feature (Thanks Novak, Andreas)
** Vibrate option when turning on/off screen (Thanks Ignatius)
** Due to the sensitivity of the Proximity Sensor, I strongly suggest not to use the function turn off screen by this application. To turn off the feature, just set the duration to -1 seconds.
Instead, I suggest that you use another application to lock your screen. Here, I suggest using "Lock Screen Now" which is also developed by me. There are also many other Lock Screen applications which you can find on Google Play.
** Do note that this application requires proximity sensor to work.
** Requires Device Administrator for the Turn Off screen feature.
** To UNINSTALL this application, you have to first remove the Device Administrator rights for this application. When you choose to uninstall this application, it will prompt you to remove the Device Administrator Rights. If not, please go to Settings > Security > Device Administrator > Uncheck this application.
Sensor Kinetics is an advanced viewer and monitor for all of the standard sensors available in your Android device. You can finally see and log the accelerometer, gyroscope or the magnetometer in real time action!
Written by one of the pioneers of the use of accelerometers and gyroscopes within the modern smartphone, it provides a comprehensive look at the total dynamics of the combined operations of all the sensors.
The app demonstrates the use of the accelerometer, gyroscope and the rotation sensor to control a tilt based view navigation like the RotoView technology by INNOVENTIONS. It also demonstrates the operation of the magnetic sensor, the linear acceleration sensor and the gravity sensor within special graphical displays.
Use Sensor Kinetics to monitor and understand the behavior of the sensors while you change the delay setting or activate/deactivate specific sensors. Each sensor is attached to a sophisticated chart viewer. If you need to save or share sensor charts, please purchase the companion Sensor Kinetics Pro.
For educational users, the app includes comprehensive help files which provide physics students with hands-on knowledge of how these sensors interact with smartphones and suggest numerous experiments you can perform on your phone or tablet.
Who Should Use Sensor Kinetics?
Developers, students, hobbyists, technicians, engineers... anyone who's curious about what lies "under the hood" of their mobile device!
Test your Android phone or tablet: Sensor Kinetics allows you to test all of the sensors on your device. For example, you can quickly determine if your Android device has a gyroscope sensor and how fast it's operating. The numerous chart viewers allow you to measure any sensor over time and gauge their accuracy and behavior.
Educational: Sensor Kinetics demonstrates the physics of gravity, acceleration, rotation, magnetism and more as these forces are measured by your phone or tablet. The app includes comprehensive help files with easy to understand information and experiments you can perform with the sensors.
App Developers: View in detail the behavior of the sensors used in your apps. Compare the performance of advanced sensors like gyroscope, linear acceleration sensor and the rotation sensor.
This app relates to gyroscope and accelerometer data logging, magnetometer, smart scroll, science, physics, tilt measure, pressure sensor, relative humidity sensor, light sensor, linear acceleration, temperature sensor, proximity sensor, gravity sensor, MEMS, kinetics
- Large display shows real-time sensor values
- Detailed readouts include the raw sensor data
- View the hardware specifications for each sensor, including the component's name, vendor, version, power usage, update rate, and sensitivity
- Use portrait or landscape mode for convenient reading
- No special permissions are required for this app
This app displays ALL sensors available on your phone or tablet, not just the default sensor for each type.
IMPORTANT: The sensors built in to each device vary by manufacturer and model. If your phone or tablet device does not support a particular type of sensor, the sensor will not be listed in this app.
You can use the Sensors app to measure:
- acceleration, including force of gravity (accelerometer)
- gravity (gravimeter)
- rate of rotation (gyroscope)
- ambient light level (photometer)
- magnetic field (compass)
- orientation (position)
- ambient room temperature (thermometer)
- ambient humidity % (hygrometer)
- air pressure (barometer)
S4 Utils is a simple but effective.
Use the barometer sensor to show temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure.
Added multitouch and proximity sensors
We hope you find it useful, and if so, what ye tell us.
• Ambient Temperature
• Relative Humidity
• Linear Acceleration
• Magnetic Field
• Rotation Vector
• Temperature (deprecated)
Sensors is useful to understand the probing capabilities of a specific Android device. Sensors provides information about sensors Type, Vendor name, the model and version, its power consummation, resolution and other technical details of a specific sensor.
How does Sensors work
Sensors has been designed following the standard Android layout which will make this application very easy and intuitive to use.
The first time you run the application this Help document is popping up, which you can recall at any time by clicking the help menu.
The main screen contains a stack of buttons relative to each sensor which are usually found in Android devices. Should a button be disabled, the relative sensor is not present in your device.
By clicking on any enabled button you will launch a window with a spec list of that sensor, scrolling down to the end of the screen there is a button for testing it.
The SensorTesting window and Real Time Testing process
The SensorTesting window has been customized to fit with each specific sensor by reporting data provided by the tested sensor. For example the Accelerometer sensor provides three different values relative to X, Y and Z axes, the Proximity sensor instead provides a single value which reports how close is the device speaker to an object (usually the user ear but it can detect any other object even transparent). In the specific case of the Proximity sensor some devices report only close/far values as 1 and 0, some others instead give a more precise feedback by providing values relative to the distance.
Note that you have to activate the sensor or otherwise you won't get any value. For example when you test the Light sensor it might happen that in some devices you won't get any feedback and no value is shown, try to move your device close to a brighter source, value changes will be reported on the screen.
Return back to previous screen
To return back to the previous screen just use the device back key.
tags: sensor, probing, probe, testing, test, relative, humidity, magnetic, field, gyroscope, temperature, acceleration, accelerometer, pressure, orientation, vector, rotation, proximity, gravity, linear, diagnostic
• Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
• Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
• Schedule start/stop of service (Save battery power during night)
• Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
• Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
• Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
• Widget: to start and stop the service
• ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
• Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
• Enable screen on/off during calls only
• Disable call handling completely
• Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
• Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
• Prevent accidental screen on
• Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
• Vibration on screen On/Off
• App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
• If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
• If Gestures or any other settings (like lock-screen) are not working, please Clear app data from
Settings -> Application Manager -> Proximity Screen Off Pro -> Clear Data
• If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
• Default timeout after screenOn will be system display timeout. can be overridden by "Avoid screen Flickering"
• Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
• App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
• To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9884280# or (Send mail on mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible
(Cover, Smart Cover, Screen, Switch, toggle, tap, power, battery, gesture, lock, smartlock, smart screen off, screen off, screen on, power saver, Galaxy Note, wave, tab, tablet, switch, nexus, s3, sgs, screen on, one touch, tasker)
Including accelerometer, magnetic field, orientation, temperature, light...
Version 3.5 added support for battery status (temperature, voltage and percentage), sound level and signal strength!
Perfect for showcasing capabilities of your new phone, as well as hardware diagnostics after you have gone through a system update or repair. And it's a must have development tool when you develop applications that uses these sensors.
With Senor Sense you can view all your sensors in real time.
Most sensors also display a chart with the output of the sensor so you can better watch the changes during the time.
Sensor Sense give you access to:
• Environment sensors
- Temperature sensor
- Light sensor
- Pressure sensor
- Relative humidity
• Motion sensors
- Gravity sensor
- Linear acceleration
- Rotation vector
• Position sensors
- Magnetic field
- Longitude, latitude and altitude
- Speed and accuracy
- Level, voltage and temperature
- Status and health
Sensor Sense combines all these features with a beautiful Holo design that brings the Pure Android feeling to you.
The sensors are presented in Google Now Card style.
Sensor Sense supports also:
• App 2 SD
Note: not all devices may contain all these sensors.
Please do not post any support questions in a review, but send me an email so I can reply on your questions.
The SensorMouse App provides three operation mode.
★★ The first mode is the mouse mode that provides the mouse function by using the Gyro-sensor and touch-pad.
★★ The second mode is the media mode that controls various media players.
★★ The third mode is the powerpoint mode that controls the presentation tool. This mode provides the additional function, such as zoom-in/out.
- Gyroscope sensor based mouse controller
- Trackpad(mouse wheel is available)
- Keyboard(Use keyboard button)
- Forward/Back button
- Media remote(Gomplayer, KMPPlayer, VLC media player, etc.)
- Presentation remote(Powerpoint, Keynote)
- Zoom in/out
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
- MAC OS X 10.5/10.6
Provides remote control capabilities for programs.
★ Web browser:
- Safari, firefox, MS Internet Explorer
★ Media player:
- Windows : Gomplayer, KMPplayer, DaumPotPlayer, Windows media player, Winamp
- MAC : VLC media player
- Windows: MS Power point
- MAC : Keynote
View our demo video and screenshot.
※ Call phone, GPS permissions for Ads.
It can be configured to alert you when cameras detected, with both speech and beep sound.
Also comes with powerful search function to locate a place on map by entering the place name.
Under the Settings, there are few things you can configure:
-Turn On/Off Camera Following My Position
-Turn On/Off Satelite Map
-Turn On/Off Traffic Map
-Turn On/Off Speedometer
-Turn On/Off Beep when cameras detected
-Turn On/Off Speech when camera is < 1.5km away
-Turn On/Off Screen Timeout mode
-Switch between Portrait and Landscape mode (app restart needed)
1)When you are outdoor, turn on GPS satelites.
2)When you are indoor, turn on Use wireless networks.
3)Tap on each camera on map to view its details.
4)Tap on compass to pan map to your present location.
5)Turn off Satelite map for faster map retrieval.
6)Turn off GPS sensor when not using this app to conserve battery power.
As you know Malaysian government has started to roll out its Automated Enforcement System (AES). The full complement of 831 cameras will be up and running in 18 months from now, with the cameras set to be deployed in stages.
All published camera locations are included, which are:
-First 14 cameras in pilot stage
-All cameras in various states (peninsular, sabah & sarawak).
As all the camera coordinates are provided by JPJ, the accuracy is not guaranteed. So if you manage to find incorrect information (eg. missing/wrong camera placement), please report to email@example.com. I will rectify them asap. Other comments/suggestions are also welcome.
Hopes this app will be useful to all Malaysian.
-Hi Razzif, portrait map mode can be configured in Settings
-If you get "This device does not support speech" message it could mean that speech synthesis engine on your device is not configured correctly. You may check in phone settings, Text-to-speech settings and make sure English language is installed.
Release 2.3.0 - 17/12/2012
-Fixed a crash bug reported by users.
-Enhanced map searching to allow place name search.
-Added auto AES locations update from server when available.
-New setting to enable screen timeout as a mean to conserve battery.
-To avoid confusion to user thinking that app is not working, My Location source (GPS or Network) must be enabled before using this app.
Release 2.2.8 - 30/11/2012
-Fixed map refresh issue.
-Display images in alert message box.
Release 2.2.7 - 21/11/2012
-Added map rotation toggle icon.
-Auto save/restore last map rotation toggle state.
Release 2.2.6 - 19/11/2012
-Optimised gps activities to reduce battery consumption.
-As promised to users: Map now rotates following moving direction.
-As promised to users: Added Settings shortcut icon on map.
Release 2.2.5 - 15/11/2012
-Cameras detection can now work without Internet connection. Please note that blank map will be shown if Internet not available.
-Now can work in minimised mode and alert driver with Speech & Sound when there are cameras around.
Release 2.2.4 - 01/11/2012
-Added portrait mode
-Fixed GPS dangling issue after program exits
-Optimised code activities to reduce battery consumption
Release 2.2.3 - 29/10/2012
-Improved camera detection accuracy
Keywords: AES, AES Map, AES Detector, Automatic Enforcement System, JPJ Malaysia, AES Malaysia.
- gravity sensor,
- linear acceleration sensor,
- rotation vector sensor,
- magnetic field sensor,
- light sensor,
- pressure sensor,
- relative humidity,
- ambient(room) temperature sensor.
Also report resolution, measuring range of the sensor, power consumed by a sensor.
Sensor Readout is open source software. See website for details and to submit a feature request.
* Touch desired sensor on the list screen in order to start the readout. Long touch the sensor to show it's details. Use "Back" to close the details dialog again.
* On readout view, touching the graph will stop the sensor from being read out. After stopping, the graph can be scrolled and or panned by a drag or pinch gesture. To restart the readout, return to the main sensor list and select the sensor again.
Sensor Readout is free and open source software. For more information, sideloading options or to leave a tip, please visit my website.
More from developer
* Exposure calculation
* Filter compensation
* Depth of Field calculation
* Light metering using built in light sensor (if available)
Note: Beta app, bugs may still be present, please email me with any you find!