* Take all the Wikipedia knowledge with you even without an internet connection, with Android's ONLY app to offer downloadable offline databases in over 30 languages!
* Make reading Wikipedia fun with our random article function right from the first page of the app!
* Discover meaningful encyclopedia articles and learn more about your surroundings with Wiki Encyclopaedia Gold's "articles near me" feature
- Pre-set the languages you use the most as your "favourite languages", then easily switch language to read the same Wikipedia article in one of those languages!
- Switch and search between online or offline Wikipedia Encyclopedia, or online Wiktionary ® dictionary
* Wiktionary dictionary allows you to search for words in any language and will provide the translation to that word as well as the meaning! It is a perfect two-in-one dictionary and translator.
- Suggest/Autocomplete feature for faster searching
- Show/Hide Wikipedia editing tools for contributing to Wikimedia's project
- "Search on page"
- Day/Night mode settings (Black text on white background or white text on black background)
- Share articles directly from your Wiki app!
- Mobile/Desktop mode
- Set Text Size
- Save Wikipedia or Wiktionary dictionary article to phone's memory / Reading list
Supported Wikipedia languages include: English, Nederlands, Deutsch, Svenska, Français, Italiano, Español, Русский, Polski, Tiếng Việt, 日本語, Winaray, Sinugboanong Binisaya, Português, 中文, Українська, Català, Norsk (Bokmål), Suomi, فارسی, Čeština, 한국어, Magyar, العربية, Română, Bahasa Melayu, Српски / Srpski, Minangkabau, Türkçe, Bahasa Indonesia, Қазақша, Slovenčina, Esperanto, Dansk, Lietuvių, Euskara, Български, עברית, Hrvatski, Slovenščina, O‘zbek, Volapük, Eesti, हिन्दी, Galego, Nynorsk,
==If you are having trouble downloading the offline wiki encyclopaedia databases, please go to the left menu, DOWNLOAD WIKI, RECOVER PURCHASE. From here you will be able to recover your offline wiki automatically and re-start failed downloads. Any further problems, please email us! ===
Download Wiki Encyclopedia Gold, today and share the app with your friends to qualify for a free offline database!
- Capital with latitude and longitude coordinates
- National anthem with year of acceptance and writer
- Important national dates
- Calling code
- Government Type
- ISO 3166 Code
- Other information like national animal, bird, sport, emblem, airline, poets, dishes, liquors, internet tld, etc.
Test your knowledge with the most addictive quiz on country flags and capitals. What's more - share the test score among your friends!
With Countrypedia, one can locate the country capital on Google Maps as well.
One can search a country based on capital, currency, area (including area rank in the world), denonym, calling code, timezone, language, continent; and vice-versa.
It provides filtering on any of the above criteria.
In short, Countrypedia is the most handy application for all the basic and some advanced information of a country. If you do like it, we request you to please share it among your friends and colleagues using the share icon.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
Need French proverbs for your assignment ?
Need to make your Curriculum Vitae look impressive ?
Need to show off your French skills to your friends??
Look no further.
Contains 250+ famous French proverbs along with their English translation
Application is available in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
But proverbs are only in French and English.
Nothing defines a culture as distinctly as its language, and the element of language that best encapsulates a society's values and beliefs is its proverbs.
Proverbs are often borrowed from similar languages and cultures, and sometimes come down to the present through more than one language. Both the Bible (including, but not limited to the Book of Proverbs) and medieval Latin (aided by the work of Erasmus) have played a considerable role in distributing proverbs across Europe, although almost every culture has examples of its own.
Download dictionaries you want to the SD card the first time you launch the app and then perform simple or advance searches (with wild-cards), which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can also be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available) and the application can be used with ebook readers.
There are more than 50 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Hebrew, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Czech as well as synonyms and anagrams databases.
Dictionaries are added and improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
This version is ad supported but you may want to try the pro version which has no ads.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
This free version comes with the top 2 million english wikipedia articles (about half the total number). Needs 3.6 GB space on your device to install.
Search and browse through the content of all articles even when you are offline. Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones searches the entire contents of all articles as you type.
• Highly compressed database
• Powerful micro search engine optimized for smartphones
• Search everything - search for articles by content not just titles
• Instant search - search results update as you type your query
• Optimized search ranking to help you locate the right article
• History and Bookmarks
• Search within article
• Font size adjustment
The best offline Wikipedia app on Android!
Extra: Mit der "Zurück-Taste" deines Android Geräts kommst du zu vorherigen Artikeln zurück.
Diese App ist werbefrei und du unterstützt uns bei der Entwicklung von Apps.
Dies ist eine inoffizielle Android App. Mit diesem Browser kann auf Wikipedia zugegriffen werden.
Schlagwörter: wikipedia, wikimedia, lexikon, wikipedia mobil, wissenschaft, wissen, lektüre, bücher, buch, nachschlagewerk
What’s new in this app:
* A major design update (we went native!)
* Editing – help improve Wikipedia articles from your phone!
* Everything is faster, whether you’re searching, browsing, or settling a bar bet
* Table of contents to help you navigate long article and get to the information you need
* Wikipedia Zero support – data charges waived for participating mobile operators (Wikipedia as always is of course freely licensed)
* Search any language Wikipedia
* Bookmark pages
* Random article
* Recent browsing history
You can install Wikipedia Beta alongside your current version of Wikipedia for Android, so you can test our new features before they go live for all Wikipedia for Android users. Your feedback will help us fix bugs and decide what features to focus on next.
Please help us improve this app by leaving feedback here or sending a note to our mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Bookmark support : slide from left to access bookmarks, use the menu to add the current article as a one
* Always available table of contents (slide from left).
* Customizable text size and language
* Touch an image to get a larger version
* Share any article
* Directly search wikipedia
* Simple and elegant *
Thanks a lot for your suggestions and comments!
There is also a PC version (Linux, Windows and Mac).
raecas (KDE plasmoid): http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/raecas?content=159437
- Minimum version Android required: 2.3.3
- Search bar present at all times
- No advertising of any kind
- Posibility to look up terms without Internet access (if previously looked up)
- Suggests words as you type
- Look up history
- Voice recognition with suggestions
- Reads definitions (functionality being tested).
- Abbreviations section
- Back button is enabled
- Zoom function
- Supports rotation and physical keyboard, no results are lost when you turn the device or slide the physical keyboard (if your phone has one)
- Does not reload the results page whenever your mobile phone is rotated
- Displays virtual keyboard on startup (if your phone has no physical keyboard)
This application also gives access to WikiTravels. With this feature you can access information about all travelling places across the world. This is very useful feature for those who like to visit famous places across the world.
The most important thing is this application is very simple to use.
Following amazing features are available with this application :
- Access to all wiki pages
- Live suggestion list (Autocomplete search)
- Ad free!!!!!
-The thumbnail related to a Wikipedia article will also appear on screen which will be useful while selecting a particular Wikipedia page.
- Access random articles
- Access today's featured article
- Access to wikitravels.
- Save unlimited articles (Pro version only))
- Access to wiktionary - online dictionary
- Access to WikiQuotes (Quotes from famous personalities) (Pro version only)
- Both desktop and mobile mode supported , user can choose according to their need
- Over 50 languages are supported including English,Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski, Português, Русский, 日本語, 中文, Aragonés, Česky, Chamoru, Ελληνικά, Indonesia, Svenska, हिन्दी, मराठी, தமிழ், 粵語 and many more...
- Works well on 2G network
- New features are added after every month and according to users requirements.
Please rate the app if you like it. If you want to add new features in application, please mail me your requirements. I will surely give you updated version with new features.
Wikipedia, Wikipedia search, wiki search, wiki pages, wiki info, wiki encyclopedia, encyclopedia search., knowledge, knowledge, random wikipedia article
Special thanks to Amol Dere for providing artifacts
ABBYY Lingvo do not require Internet connection. The dictionary will be an indispensable tool when traveling, at work or school. It provides a reliable translation and exhaustive interpretation at any time, simply by using a mobile device.
Access to more than 50 basic dictionaries for 28 languages included! Download them after installation right from within the app! Over 200 additional premium dictionaries are available for In-App Purchase.
Electronic versions of dictionaries from the world’s leading publishers, including Macmillan, Compact Verlag, K Dictionaries, and dictionaries compiled by ABBYY lexicographers. You can be confident in your translations.
• New! Live-translation - aim the pointer at a word which is not clear and tap anywhere on the screen for translation (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh)
• New! Photo translation function – translation of words from the photo taken with smartphone built-in camera (not supported for Chinese and Kazakh)
• More than 250 dictionaries for 28 languages in one in-app touch
• Dictionary entries contain detailed information about words, including translation alternatives, word usage examples, phonetic transcriptions, inflected forms of words
• All available dictionaries can be used as one. Merged list of headwords allows consultation all dictionaries simultaneously. If a word is found in many dictionaries, all relevant entries are displayed in a single window
• Hypertext - instant translation of any word found in the dictionary entries with just a single tap
• Native audio pronunciations for most common words (in some dictionaries)
• Spelling suggestions for mistyped words
• Search history
Once you buy ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries, you have access to the basic set of more than 50 general dictionaries for the following language combinations, including 41 English dictionaries (download required):
• English <> Chinese (both traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish
• English -> Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Polish, Romanian, Swedish
• Russian <> English, French, German
There are also over 200 additional dictionaries available for purchase directly from within the application. Accurate translations, phonetic transcriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, examples of use and word forms are available for the following language combinations:
• English <> French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
• German <> French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
• Russian <> Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian
• Ukrainian <> English, Polish, Russian
• Monolingual English, German, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian dictionaries.
For a complete list of dictionaries with detailed descriptions, visit our website at http://www.abbyy.com/lingvo_android/dictionaries
FOLLOW US on Twitter http://twitter.com/ABBYY_Mobile
ABBYY Mobile on Facebook: http://fb.com/abbyymobile
With the new dictionary API, ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries can now be integrated into other applications for Android to enhance them with powerful word translation function and advanced dictionary support.
The application itself does not include any dictionaries and does not provide a way to download dictionaries from within the application. Please visit http://aarddict.org to find dictionary downloads.
Aard 2 uses new dictionary format (dictionary files have .slob file name extension) and cannot use dictionaries in Aard Dictionary's .aar format.
Lookup queries are punctuation, diacritics and case
Bookmarks and History
Visited articles are automatically added to history and appear in
History tab. Articles can also be bookmarked (tap Bookmark icon
when viewing article). Bookmarked articles
appear in Bookmarks tab. Bookmarks and history can be
filtered and sorted by time or article title. Both bookmarks and
history are limited to a hundred of most recently used items. To
remove bookmark or history record, long tap a list item to enter
selection mode, tap items to be removed, tap Trash Can icon and
confirm. A bookmark can also be removed by tapping Bookmark icon
when viewing article.
Dictionaries can be added by scanning device or by manually
selecting dictionary files.
Note that application itself does not download dictionary files.
Opened dictionaries can be ordered by
marking and unmarking them as "favorite" (tap dictionary
title). Lookup results of equal match strength from multiple
dictionaries are presented in the order of dictionaries in the
dictionary list. Dictionaries can also be deactivated (turned
off). Turned off dictionaries do not participate in word lookup or
random article lookup,
but are still available when opening articles from bookmarks,
history or when following links in other articles. Unwanted dictionaries
can also be completely removed from the program (but dictionary files
are not deleted).
Dictionaries may include alternate style sheets. User may
also add custom style sheets via Settings tab. Dictionary built-in and
user styles appear in the "Style..." menu in article view.
Mathematical articles are rendered as text
using MathJax - scalable, styleable, beautiful on any screen.
Tapping application logo in main activity opens random article
from an active dictionary. User may optionally limit random
lookup to only use favorite dictionaries.
Aard 2 uses local embedded web server to provide article content. This
permission is necessary to run the server.
Also, articles may reference remote content such as images. This
permission is necessary to load it.
User chooses when to allow loading remote content: always,
when on Wi-Fi or never. This permission is necessary to implement
This permission is needed to access dictionary files on external storage.