Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Britannica, Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
Search a word and translate a sentence in Wikipedia, Wordnet, StarDict, It's the best all-in-one dictionary on the market
• Fast search in online & offline dictionaries at once
• Download free dictionaries on market & internet.
• Long click to share search result
• Long click for word jump feature.
• Supports Quick Search Box
• Supports ColorNote App - ColorNote dictionary integration
• Supports StarDict compatible dictionaries
• Supports Wordnet dictionary
• Words suggestion
• Saves search history
• Change color of dictionary
• Select a word in a result
• Send a result to other apps
• Voice recognition
• Use Volume Key to move between result
E-Book Reader that supports ColorDict
• Moon+ Reader
• Cool Reader
• ezPDF Reader
• Download a file to your PC
• Copy compressed file(tar.bz2, *.tar.gz, *.zip) to sdcard /dictdata directory
• Dict - Menu - Direct Download - Enter URL
Offline dictionaries : (Download Add-On)
• English Wordnet offline dictionary
• English thesaurus offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-Japanese offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-Chinese offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-German offline dictionary (stardict)
• English-Spanish offline dictionary (stardict)
• Bible offline dictionary (stardict)
• Wikipedia encyclopedia (included)
• Wikipedia online encyclopedia
• English, Japanese, Czech, German, French, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Dutch, and many other languages.
Google Translate [This feature is removed]
• Google Translate, Google Dictionary.
• Google's online translation & dictionary Add-on
• Translate English, Japanese, Czech, German, French, Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Dutch, and many other languages.
• Supports Dictionary API for 3rd party developer
• Dictionary, Translate, StarDict, Wordnet, Thesaurus, English Dictionary, English Thesaurus, FBReader, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader, ezPDF Reader, Wikipedia, ColorNote, Color Note, encyclopedia
"Best Reference App" - Android Network Awards
"The Top 10 Coolest Things At CTIA" - mocoNews.net
"Favorite Mobile App" - Wave Award
WikiMobile 2 is the #1 coolest way to experience Wikipedia. Now with video!
* Wikipedia access in 13+ languages (10+ million articles)
* Google Images
* YouTube Videos
* Twitter search
* Find Wikipedia pages near you (great for travel)
* Live feed of what other users are viewing worldwide
To learn more about Wikipedia: http://www.wikipedia.org/
Features: Save article to read later or offline, Search articles nearby, Share articles using Android "Share" function, Read article in a different language, Full screen search
Send us your feedback on Twitter @WikimediaMobile.
The code is 100% open source and community built. If you are a developer and good at JS/HTML5, then come fork us! https://github.com/wikimedia/WikipediaMobile
You download the dictionaries to the SD card the first time you launch the app. Choose which dictionary or dictionaries you want to download.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries, which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
Offline dictionaries is a free, ad-supported application. For the ad-free version, check out Offline dictionaries Pro.
There are more than 40 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including:
* English dictionary
* English anagrams
* English word list
* English <-> French
* English <-> German
* English <-> Spanish
* English <-> Russian
* English <-> Portuguese
* English <-> Arabic
* English <-> Hebrew
* English <-> Korean
* English <-> Chinese
* English <-> Japanese
* English <-> Hindi
* French dictionary
* French anagrams
* French word list
* French <-> Spanish
* French <-> Czech
* French <-> German
* French <-> Italian
* French <-> Chinese
* French <-> Japanese
* French <-> Arabic
* French <-> Dutch
* French <-> Hindi
* French <- Walloon
* Russian <- Chinese
* Russian <-> French
* Russian <-> German
* Russian <-> Italian
* German <-> Russian
* Japanese -> German
* Spanish dictionary
* Korean (full / law Hanja / Hanzi)
* Synonyms for English, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish, Irish
Dictionaries are added or improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
Follow us on Twitter to get informed : http://twitter.com/nghsfr
The application can be used through ebook readers such as Moon Reader+...
Note: first INSTALLATION of BIG DICTIONARIES can be SLOW. Just WAIT for the progress window to be closed. No action is required.
Keywords: Thesaurus, dictionary, off-line dictionaries, disconnected, dictionnaire, hors ligne, horsligne
Vuestra caja de herramientas Diccionarios gratis:
(definiciones, sinònimos, derivados, expresiones, Le Littré)
-3 Traductors de textos:puedes traducir todo lo que necesitas y comparar tus traducciones
-Diccionarios de idiomas (+ 1250 !) últimas definiciones, coloquialismos
-Capacidad de búsqueda avanzada, incluyendo reconocimiento automático de formas
-regularmente ampliaciones y actualizaciones a nuestra data lingüística
Anagramas,Conjugación, soluciones de juegos de letras y Wikipedia.
gratis con publicidad
-Text and word Translator comparator
-Anagrams,conjugations and wordgames solution in Dutch,English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
and Wikipedia available with english paid version Dictionaries.
* Mono-lingual dictionaries for English, German, and Italian.
* Mutli-lingual dictionaries between many language pairs.
* FREE, ad-free, and open-source!
* Fast! (See translations as you type!)
* Dictionaries stored on SD card (works offline!)
* Save queried translations to text file on SD card for later reference.
* Create your own dictionaries with a command-line Java program.
QuickDic currently has built-in dictionaries for these language pairs (some much more complete than others, your mileage may vary!):
* English-Haitian Creole
* Data from en.wiktionary.org.
If QuickDic crashes on your device (especially Sony Ericsson devices),
try using QuickDic's preferences to change to the "System default" font.
QuickDic is open source: http://code.google.com/p/quickdic-dictionary/
This is the FREE, ad version of the BK Dictionary Slovak English dictionary. To remove ads please buy BK Dictionary Slovak English!
- Voice pronunciation
- 138,000+ translation pairs
- Scrolling through the whole dictionary
- Quick search while typing (accentuation independent)
- Detailed view with PHRASES tapping on the words
- Moon Reader and FBReader translate support (FULL VERSION only)
- Word-tap: you can tap on any word in the detailed view, to find its translations - available in FULL VERSION
- Translate by Share functionality (FULL VERSION only): translate easily by sharing words with the dictionary from other apps.
- Translate from Clipboard notification bar (FULL VERSION only): translate easily by enabling notification bar copying text to the clipboard and tapping on the notification bar.
- Copy/paste - available in FULL VERSION
- Search integration
- Google translate integration
- Bing integration
- Wikipedia integration
- Recents and Favorites
- Color schemes
- Voice input
- Text resizing on detail screen
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
This app is my Christmas gift for my wife.
The books are by default downloaded to the LibriVox folder on your SD card / external storage. You should set MortPlayer Audio Book to use that folder as its main folder, or use the Options in LibriVox Downloader to select a different folder for it to download to.
- browse by genre or author
- search by title or author
- choose between ogg and mp3
- download cover art
If you're having trouble getting LibriVox Downloader working, email firstname.lastname@example.org before leaving feedback.
NOTE 1: I recommend downloading audio books only via WiFi. These are very large downloads, about 350 mb or so each.
NOTE 2: I've had one user report that ogg downloads work better than mp3 ones. I am investigating.
The application allows you to look up words online in the LEO dictionaries for the language pairs German-
- English (788,000)
- French (239,000)
- Spanish (192,000)
- Italian (165,000)
- Chinese (169,000)
- Russian (169,000)
- Portuguese (52,000)
- Polish (48,000)
Results for queries may also include additional information such as
- conjugation tables
- audio files
- grammar & etymology,
as well as other information relevant to the search term including
- orthographically similar words
- possible base forms for inflected words
- forum discussions containing the search term.
The forum feature allows you to post language-related questions that are not answered by the dictionary. In some sections of the forums, you may need to be a registered user to post questions.
With the trainer feature you can save words and memorise them in a so-called slide show or practise them using various other quiz modes. You may use the trainer online as well as offline and synchronise word lists and statistics on your smart-phone with those on the Web.
Detailed information on all functions are available on our website.