1. Italian-English and English-Italian off-line dictionary
2. Italian-English and English-Italian on-line dictionary.
3. Italian-English and English-Italian on-line translator.
App can work in either of two modes:
- On-line: no need to download dictionary if you are connected to internet.
- Off-line: you need to download dictionary first.
Both modes offer on-line translation option.
App scans dictionary for words and sentences you enter. If word is found, app shows related dictionary article. Why it is better than just translator: translator only offers one version of translation, while dictionary offers all available meanings.
If word/sentence was not found in dictionary, and translator is enabled, app will offer you help of translation systems Bing, Google, Yandex. You will see all three versions on your screen.
To make sure translation is correct, use button “Reverse translation”. You will see reverse translation by all three systems, so you will be able to compare results with your original request. Each of three systems has its strong and weak points, so reverse translation will show you how accurate the direct translation was by each of them.
When you start your app first time, you will be offered to select between on-line and off-line modes.
If you selected on-line mode, and you are connected to internet, you can start working.
If you selected off-line mode, you will be offered to download dictionary first.
You can switch between modes at any time from app menu.
Functionality is quite the same in both modes. The only difference is that, in off-line mode, the list renews right after next character was entered. In on-line mode, requests are sent before answer from server was received (asynchronously). Like any other search system, in case you type fast while internet connection is slow, you would notice little delay.
- 327 352 of words and phrases
- Dictionary functions in real time mode
- Words search
- Phrases search
- Voice input
- Voice simulation by OS Android*.
- Favourites, most often viewed words, views history, clipboard preferences, font size preferences etc.
* - When not connected to Internet, normally, Android only recognizes English, plus the language for which your device was localized (if localized). For example, in Italy it should be English and probably Italian. If you wish to use off-line other language input, most likely, you would need to select this language via “voice recognition” section of your phones’ preferences. Take a look into app settings("Installed languages") or refer to the manual of your device for details.
Full description you can find in Application Help or follow the link on this page: "Developer - Visit website".