Theme your Android phone or tablet with this collection of 40+ restored images from plates I - XV of Audubon's Birds of America.
John James Audubon determined to paint every bird in North America. In the 1820's he began this goal by securing financial backing, and from 1827 to 1838 published the prints in sets of five.
This live wallpaper gallery contains images from plates I-XV representing the first three sets issued. The various image sets all begin with the original full Audubon plate.
In addition to the birds, Audubon often depicted North American flora and fauna, often representing a wide variety of regional reptiles in the plates.
You can browse the settings page that gives the full historical title of the plate, and often gives the name of the plants, reptiles and insects also present in the image.
The original plates were produced on an ivory paper, that in many cases has darkened significantly over time. With these restored images, you can apply a number of tints to theme your display with your favorite color scheme. The tinting effect works best with lighter tints, but a reverse tinting effect is present that works best with darker tints.
Plates I-XV include depictions of the following birds:
1. Wild Turkey
2. Yellow-billed Cuckoo
3. Prothonotary Warbler
4. Purple Finch
5. Bonaparte's Flycatcher
6. Wild Turkey
7. Purple Grakle or Common Crow Blackbird
8. White throated Sparrow
9. Selby's Flycatcher
10. Brown Titlark
11. Bird of Washington
12. Baltimore Oriole
13. Snow Bird
14. Prairie Warbler
15. Blue Yellow-backed Warbler
Additional features of the live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your Android screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display
- Apply tints to individual or all images to further customize your display
- Apply reverse tint and screen effect individually or to all images
Bird Watcher’s Digest (BWD) has a proud history as the magazine for bird watchers who love to read and for readers who love to watch birds. Now your favorite content is more interactive, more portable, and “greener” than ever!
As a special promotion, for a limited time, you can download the BWD app FREE!
In each issue of Bird Watcher’s Digest, you’ll find:
- An in-depth profile of a North American bird species
- Tips on solving confusing identification challenges
- Candid and insightful columns from professional birders and naturalists
- Advice on attracting more birds to your backyard
- Travel accounts birding festival reports, and info about birding hotspots in North America and beyond
- Answers to readers’ bird-watching and backyard questions
- Bird behavior, feeding, nesting, optics, photography, and much more!
- Gorgeous reproduction of the magazine’s pages, including brilliant photographs and layouts just like the magazine you love!
- Digital-only features including bird video clips and sound recordings playable right in the app!
- Text-formatted articles optimized for mobile readability.
- Bookmark your favorite articles.
- Share comments and articles with fellow bird enthusiasts.
- Search an archive of recent issues. The app includes issues dating back to September/October 2011.
- Regular updates from the BWD “home nest,” via our in-app “Birder Feeder” RSS feed including selected blog posts, podcasts, travel articles, festival announcements, prize drawings, and exclusive offers.
- The BWD app is FREE for a limited time—download today!
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications. Check the App Store for more apps from your favorite magazines!
A simple, yet very elegant app to unobtrusively note various species. A simple and powerful search function to make entries in a jiffy.
- Record your sightings.
- Lists and sightings saved on device as well as on the cloud.
- Create / Delete Lists.
- Organize your sightings into various lists.
- Contains checklists of India, Great Britain, North America, Indonesia and the entire world.
Developed by a birder and his 3 friends, because he won't stop nagging us..
** Thanks to the bird enthusiasts of Bangalore for using our app and also for the great feedback **
We would like to hear from you. If there is a feature that you would like us to add to this app, please free to add that under this link : https://trello.com/b/c1th0DVd/birdr
You can report any issues here - https://trello.com/b/c1th0DVd/birdr
- Defect fixes.
- Added Bangalore checklist
- Usability improvements
- One of the developers claim that he has a Swiss Bank a/c...
- Fed the minions some bananas and got some defects fixed
- Happy New Year!!! :)
- Allow a sighting to be marked as 'heard only'
- Checklist updated with new names and taxonomic classification
- Allow manual sync of lists
- Bug fixes
- Fixed Twitter login
- Fixed Facebook login crash
- Fixed the issue of wallpaper not being displayed on some handsets
- A change in application exit behavior from the login screen
- Fixed logout behavior