We use a process called Cognitive Task Simulation to break each operation down into fundamental steps and decision-points. This creates the most interactive and efficient medical operation education and rehearsal experience possible. The Touch Surgery Simulator teaches you every step and also allows you to test yourself.
Touch Surgery was developed by surgeons, and our simulation content is developed in collaboration with leading surgeons and surgical institutions worldwide to ensure accuracy and medical validity.
- A state-of-the-art 3D engine creating the most realistic simulation environments
- The most convenient way medical, students, trainees and experienced surgeons to learn, practice and rehearse surgery at their convenience before operating on a live patient
- A step-by-step interactive learning system with the ability to test yourself with an "unsupervised" operation.
- Personalised performance data that validates your knowledge and gives you feedback about your learning curve
- Customisable operation libraries with you favourite procedures
-The ability to track your test performance and progress based on surgical specialty.
-My Stream, a customised feed of medical news and journal articles
"...with an effortless swipe of the finger, you slice open the patient's skin. A gentle pinch and the flesh is prised apart to reveal layers of tissue. Another swipe and a pair of scissors descends into view and begins to cut into the muscle. A few more swipes, taps and pinches and, hey presto, you've removed an appendix..." The Guardian
Learn more about us at www.touchsurgery.com
- Beautiful UI
- Fast and Fluid Navigation
- Offline* Access
- Up-to-date Content
- Adult & Pediatric Traumatology Sections
- Feedback Form (To report errors and contact the author)
- Monthly Quiz (orthoFAQ.com)
(*Some features require you to be connected to the internet. Data rates may apply.)
• Contains high quality images.
• Friendly and easy to use.
• With simple uses and indications.
• Easy to study.
• Important from examination point of view.
SURGERY 101 was created by Dr Parveen Boora and Dr Jonathan White, and is supported by the Department of Surgery at the University of Alberta. This series of podcasts is brought to you by the Undergraduate Surgery Mobile Podcasting Studio Team which is: Jonathan, Shannon, Jenni, Kat and Tracy, with the assistance of the Surgery 101 Experts of Edmonton.
Note to Experts: these podcasts are only intended as brief introductions for medical students - we cannot delve into the more complex nuances of advanced surgery in a short podcast. We encourage all listeners to supplement their learning by seeing patients, assisting at surgeries and reading widely!
This is the most convenient way to access SURGERY 101 on your phone. With this app you are always connected to the latest episodes and the show. You can also star your favorite episodes and save them to a list so you can easily enjoy them over and over! This app is complete access to SURGERY 101 and if you're a fan of the show you won't want to be without it!
This app contains the following additional features:
* Streaming access to play episodes from anywhere
* Always updated with the latest episodes- and an archived back catalog
* Playback resume (when interrupted by a call or other distraction)
* Access to exclusive extras like PDFs, wallpapers, and bonus content
* Quick access to all the contact methods for the show like call, email, web, Facebook, and Twitter
Thank you for purchasing this app and supporting SURGERY 101!
Please note, not all episodes may have exclusive extras.
Seus dados são tão corretos que você tem a impressão de que o aplicativo está realmente fazendo as medidas do seu bebê a cada segundo.
- Possui informações sobre todas as semanas de sua gestação.
- Disponível um banco de dados que refaz os cálculos de crescimento a cada clique.
- Acompanhe o desenvolvimento individual de cada um dos 5 sentidos do seu bebê.
- Obtenha dicas e curiosidades sobre cada semana de gestação.
- Verifique o peso e a altura do seu bebê a cada minuto.
- Todos os recursos e medidas disponíveis.
- Otimização e compatibilidade com múltiplas resoluções de telas.
- Acompanhe fotos de ultrassonografias a cada semana de gestação.
- Desenhos da formação do seu bebê.
- Corrija as medidas adequando o percentil de crescimento do seu bebê.
- Compartilhe as informações do seu bebê com textos diferentes a cada semana e medidas atualizadas a cada hora.
As diversas curvas de crescimento, disponíveis na literatura médica, foram transformadas em equações através do método de Newton (interpolação polinomial). Baseado neste equações, o aplicativo refaz os cálculos e você pode acompanhar o crescimento do seu bebê a cada segundo.
- Antes de adquirir a versão completa, faça o teste na versão gratuita, disponível no google play.
NÃO DEVE SER UTILIZADO COMO GUIA DE CONDUTA MÉDICA.
Fast Answers: Essentials' problem/solution format and concise content deliver the information you need quickly and easily.
This application allows you to track all your surgeries so you can concentrate on your work and the application will track all details of the surgery like patient, insurance, case sheet, payments across all hospitals you may visit.
Try Surgery Tracker free for 15 days. You will have option to upgrade out of trial from View Account section with-in the application.
- Multiple Hospital Support with Location based listing of relevant hospital
- Add/Edit Surgery details like case sheet, payment, receipt, insurance information, etc
- Easy to use extensive search and summery
- Supports Home-screen Easy Access Widgets
- Supports Surgery Pictures with tags
- View images within the app using multi-touch zooming and double-tap.
- CSV Export
No data you enter in this application will ever be shared to any third party without your explicit permission. All surgery data by default are only stored locally on the phone.
Use our G+ Community for discussion, feature request or to post bugs:
For any questions, problems or wishes please email us or post in our G+ community. Thank you for using Surgery Tracker
The topics covered include:
1. An Introduction to Robotic Surgery
2. The Evolution of Surgery
3. An Overview of the available da Vinci Surgical Systems
4. Proper Set-up
5. Patient Safety
6. Patient Selection
A ten question test is also available to test your knowledge. When ready, we also encourage you to go to www.selectroboticsurgery.com to complete an official test and receive an e-certificate of completion.
Thank you for your interest and we hope you enjoy learning this exciting new technique. Please feel free to visit www.smallerscar.com for further information.
It is illustrated and interactive.
§ Abdominal evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of pain, mass, bowel obstruction and gastrointestinal bleeding | Child-Turcotte-Pugh classification | Ranson’s criteria | Hinchey classification
§ Thyroid evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of neck mass
§ Breast evaluation: history and physical examination | differential diagnosis of breast mass
§ Hernia evaluation: history and physical examination | Nyhus classification | differential diagnosis of groin hernia
§ Interactive physiologic formulas: hemodynamic | respiratory | endocrine and metabolic
§ Fluids, electrolytes, acid-base and nutrition: estimation of maintenance fluids | parkland formula for the rehydration in burn patients | acid-base disorders | flowchart for arterial blood gas interpretation | differential diagnosis of electrolyte disturbances
§ Critical care: interactive Glasgow Coma Scale | Classification of hemorrhagic shock | hemodynamic response to shock | equivalent glucocorticoid dosing
§ Pressure ulcers and wounds: pressure ulcer staging | wound classification and infection risk
§ Local anesthetic agents: dosing | duration | comments
§ Surgical notes: general surgery patient follow-up checklist | preoperative note | operative note | postoperative note
§ Surgical sutures: illustrated suture techniques
The School of Surgery provides an efficient portal for continued professional development of surgeons
This app contains an up to date feed (Surgical News) which will be updated regularly with the latest peer-reviewed journal articles, multimedia.
It also contains links to Seminal papers, Calendar events and much more.
The School of Surgery's principle is to deliver the highest standard of care to our patients
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
The Orthopedic Pain Management Injury Institute is a comprehensive medical institution providing medical care to personal injury patients. Care such as orthopedic, pain management, physical therapy and chiropractic are available. We also provide medical information and education for personal injury attorneys.
We have even included a QR Scanner, Notepad and Voice Notes for your everyday use!
“CORE has set the standard for a clinical exam app. The most striking feature of this app, in addition to the vast collection of tests and videos, is actually the “properties” tab. For every test, data is presented regarding the sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratio, accuracy and other relevant statistical tests based on primary literature references. These lists are incredibly complete. This is a feature that I have not seen replicated by any other orthopaedic reference."
- TopOrthoApps.com (Mobile App Reviews for Orthopaedic Surgeons - Featured by AAOS)
“CORE app is a wonderful reference for many clinicians, including, but not limited to, physical therapists, athletic trainers, orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, primary care physicians, and emergency room physicians. The app is user friendly and easy to navigate. The authors have undoubtedly put many hours of work into this application and it shows. I would recommend this to all clinicians who perform orthopedic examinations."
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT), April 2011 (Book Reviews)
“CORE is a great addition to the burgeoning collection of medical applications...If their first application is any indication, it seems we will have more to celebrate in the future. ...excellent application for doing the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam. ....stress how this is a great medical application for primary care physicians. All primary care physicians know how important a strong musculoskeletal physical exam can be, as they are often the first line for presenting symptoms.”
The physical exam is an important part of the overall evaluation, and maneuvers/special tests are often used to evaluate and diagnose the patient.
For almost every musculoskeletal ailment, there is a specific physical maneuver to perform. The results of that test indicate a positive or negative finding, providing a further clue to the diagnosis.
Often, there are several tests for each issue. Some are better for diagnosis than others. That’s where CORE comes to the rescue.
This useful little app contains over 400 medically referenced physical exam maneuvers. All the extremities are covered, as well as the spine. You get step-by-step text and video on how to perform the examination and a quick summary of references for each exam.
CORE is the app you need for making your evidence-based, clinical diagnosis. Check out the CORE features:
* Powerful pocket reference with periodic updates of emerging research
* Over 300 clinical tests to aid in diagnosis for musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders
* Covers tendinous, neuropathic, ligamentous problems for each body part
* Descriptions on how to perform each test
* Video demonstrations (streaming and with audio)
* Diagnostic properties (reliability and validity)
* Links to supporting medical references
* Reference reviews via abstracts in PUBMed
* Free updates when new tests are available in the literature, or new studies with diagnostic properties for old tests are published (No need to “buy a newer edition”)
* Optimized for phone and tablet!
* Please note that STREAMING VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF CLINICAL TESTS AND PUBMED REFERENCE REVIEW REQUIRE AN ACTIVE NETWORK CONNECTION and have NO AUDIO. There is an in-app purchase option that lets you download all the videos WITH AUDIO to store on your device independent of network connection.
Download CORE now, the ultimate pocket reference for musculoskeletal diagnosis.
- A "must have" orthopedic app pick by Orthopedics Today, December 2012
- Rated a "Top App" by TopOrthoApps.com
- An MDLinx Editor's Pick
Ortho Traumapedia is designed to provide quick access to information important to the treatment of adult skeletal trauma. Based on extensive literature review, Ortho Traumapedia compiles the current standard of care in a high-yield, easy to use format including dozens of original images to help visualize fracture patterns and radiologic findings.
Originally developed by orthopedic surgeons for orthopedic surgeons, practitioners of all levels and specialties who encounter adult skeletal trauma will find Ortho Traumapedia useful as a condensed reference and educational tool. Whether you’re a primary care or emergency physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, resident or medical student, Ortho Traumapedia provides highly pertinent information regarding skeletal trauma right at your fingertips.
Ortho Traumapedia is organized into chapters by bone (for fractures) and joint (for dislocations). Each chapter is divided into four sections: Facts, Imaging, Classification and Treatment:
Facts begins with epidemiology and common injury mechanisms. This is followed by an outline of pertinent anatomy, eponyms and variants. Finally, patient presentation, examination and management tips are presented.
Imaging begins with the standard radiographic examinations for each anatomic region. This is followed by injury-specific views, relevant metrics and findings as well as supplemental modalities.
Classification outlines the most common classification systems used to describe the selected injury.
Treatment begins with general treatment principles and reviews treatment in the acute setting. This is followed by standard of care options grouped by injury pattern. Common complications associated with the injury are included at the end of this section.
Simply select the bone or joint you’re interested in from the main menu and navigate between the four sections with the buttons on the bottom of the screen. Return to the main menu by pressing the left arrow in the title bar. There's never been a simpler, more mobile skeletal trauma reference!
The primary audience is surgeons and surgical trainees managing fractures in the elderly. The content is also appropriate for other physicians and professionals who are involved in the comanagement of these patients.
All information contained in the Orthogers App is intended for preparing medical procedures and considering clinical options and not as an aid while carrying out medical procedures or making and implementing clinical decisions.
The content is presented through a series of decision pathways but is solely for educational purposes (ie, it is NOT designed for making diagnostic or treatment decisions for any individual patient).
Orthogers is not designed for laypersons and all users must read and accept the Terms, Conditions, and Disclaimers within the App.