Medrills, presented by Archie MD, provides compelling training material for preventive and general medical tasks such as obtaining IV access, performing CPR, or using an AED. The app is dedicated to an individual medical task and includes:
1. An instructional animation providing a deep understanding of the medical task.
2. Training with interactive exercises which enable practicing the task to prepare for assessment.
3. In app purchase of $.99 for a testing section to evaluate the user’s knowledge and skill of a task. Score above 85% with no critical task failures to receive a certificate for nationally recognized 1 CEH credit hours certified by CECBEMS.
NOTE – IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CEH CREDIT HOURS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF : $0.99 MUST BE MADE AS AN IN-APP PURCHASE. USERS WHO DO NOT PURCHASE THE CEH AND TESTING MODE MAY VIEW THE INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND TRAINING MODE BUTWILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING IN A CECBEMS ACCREDITED COURSE.
CECBEMS verifies that sound education principles have been demonstrated in the development of this educational offering as evidenced by the review of its objectives, teaching plan, faculty, and program evaluation processes. CECBEMS does not endorse or support the actual opinions or material content as presented by the speaker(s) and/or sponsoring organization.
The application also calls out 911 or any other number that can be defined in setting for a quick response. The application also allows users to register and find AED devices that are in close proximity.
- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: email@example.com
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
Each MEDRILLs App covers a 68W (Army Combat Medic) task and consist of 3 modes:
• Instruction Mode – Multimedia instructional animation that covers the injury, diagnosis, and treatment
• Training Mode – A series Interactive exercises focused on ‘key point’ of each subtask. Each exercise takes a subtask’s key point and transforms it into an active learning exercise on the touchscreen interface.
• Testing mode – Ensure trainees can correctly compete the task. It tests trainees using the same exercises as training mode but grades them in accordance with the task’s Go/No-Go criteria.
All training is the app is in accordance with STP 8-68W13-SM-TG “SOLDIER'S MANUAL AND TRAINER'S GUIDE, MOS 68W, HEALTH CARE SPECIALIST SKILL LEVELS 1, 2 AND 3”
Sudden cardiac arrest is with millions of cases worldwide the most common death cause. The knowledge of defibrillator locations can be lifesaving in case of a medical emergency.
The Defi Now! project has the goal of creating an open platform with information about surrounding defibrillators. An automatic external defibrillator (AED) is build to be used by ordinary persons, works full automatically and can not harm the patient.
In case of a sudden cardiac arrest the probability of survival is reduced by 10% every minute if nobody is helping with CPR. The app makes it possible to easily and quickly find near by AEDs and also add new ones. This way the necessary resuscitation procedure can be started even before the arrival of an ambulance.
- AED locations can be viewed and selected via list or map
- up to three high resolution photos of the AED are available, so that it could be located quickly: a close shot, a panorama shot and a building/emergency-plan
- routing from the actual position to the choosen AED
- automatic emergency call and AED sign recognition for the actual user country
- consideration of opening hours of half-public AED locations such as shopping malls or stores
- distinction between verified and none-verified AED locations
- a short manual about first aid
- function to add new AED locations
此 App 包含了以下功能
1.AED 地圖：快速找到最近的 AED 位址，急救分秒必爭！
2.最新消息：提供 AED 的第一手相關資訊
3.急救新知：學習如何使用 AED ，以及猝死等等相關資訊，不要讓遺憾發生在你身邊！
4.聯絡我們：若有 AED 的任何問題，可直接聯繫我們進行服務
5.急救搶先看：掃描 AED 的 DM ，透過互動影片立即學習如何正確的使用 AED！
Chest compression is executed by pumping the chest to circulate oxygenated blood throughout the body. Three factors of chest compressions are crucial: hand placement, depth of compression, and compression rate. CPR guideline states to compress the adult chest at a rate of at least 100 compressions per minute, with a compression depth of at least 2 inches/5 cm, and at "the middle of the chest" by AHA guideline 2010.
The aim of the developed system is to estimate the compression action and to provide a feedback to follow the guideline above. Our software was designed to target Android 2.3 and higher.
Information provided by leading educators and doctors at the University of Washington and the American Heart Association. The interface is very simple allowing for fast clicks of emergency type.
Don't waste time with videos. Each second counts...
It comes with graphic instructions and voice commands in different languages adapted to the casualty age (adult, child or baby) and incorporates a chronometer that counts up the time since we start CPR. Besides, with its "training mode", you can also have the opportunity of self-learning and practice at any time.
Thanks for its easy use, "ReviB" will show you all the steps until medical help arrives.