Throne and Crown rules! This is a must play game for anyone who likes action RPGs. Don't mind the Energy bar, it won't ever stop you from playing.
Throne and Crown takes place in the kingdom of Ethren. There is a wicked king who causes problems for the villagers he rules. Your goal is to right wrongs as you come across them. You'll gain power, equipment, talents and you yourself will gain skill. As you increase in power and unlock zones, you can take on harder and harder zones in the game. The game is deep and there will be more to explore as the game is updated. If you're having problems, don't get discouraged, just explore more.
Throne and Crown features:
1) Action + RPG which is a solid game style and controls. The action means you need to think and react to situations with your reflexes. The RPG means if you're not good enough to do the action the first time around, eventually you'll level up enough to assist you through it.
2) There are places to explore and colorful NPCs to meet.
3) Many people have said the music is impressive.
4) There are three bosses. It is up to you to find them, figure out how to win and to defeat them.
5) There is a village to help and you can log in daily to help them or you can push through and collect resources yourself by exploring and gathering.
6) There is a "stealth" zone on the beach which is fun, and has island rhythms.
7) The game is designed to be expansive and episodic. Each episode should add new features and a new town to rescue. I really want to make new levels, a castle sim, a roguelike mode, multiplayer and army vs army combat.
8) As a serious video game player for 36 years, I personally enjoy playing this game. It has the features that I enjoy in a game. I'd be really excited if this game takes off so I can keep making future episodes for the next couple years.
9) I feel the future of Android action games is joystick and keyboard, so I've provided a way to play with either joystick or keyboard if you plug one in.
10) Good guy friendly. There are options to be morally grey, but following the path of being the good guy is optimal.
11) This game is 100% beatable without any virtual goods! I've done it myself. This is not a pay to win game. I'm a video game purist and one of the good guys. I just want people to have fun playing my video games. I'm in it for the fun.
Click on monsters to attack with ranged. Click the golden icons on the HUD to the right to access your inventory and character sheet. If you find zones too difficult to fight through, explore and find other zones to combat. The more time you play in Throne and Crown, the more progression and power that you accrue. Monsters that are hard to begin with become easier as you level up and gain new weapons and armor.
In addition to touchscreen, the game supports keyboard and XBOX 360 gamepads. Other gamepads may work, but they haven't been tested. I believe you need to disable Operating System specific keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys) in your version of Android to use the joystick though. The game is fun and playable with touchscreen alone, but it is a next level of fun with keyboard or joystick in part because your fingers don't occlude the screen.
Notes: The green loading bar may look like it is stuck, but just patiently wait and the level will load. The loading screen could use some lovin, but don't let that deceive you on how fun the game is. :)
If you have vertical screen lines, tap your 'name' on the HUD until they go away.
If you have horizontal screen lines, tap the word 'Energy' under your name on the HUD until they go away.
If you don't have android, play on Kongregate with Flash: http://www.kongregate.com/games/FaithClubDotNet/throne-and-crown