CBR Reader Pro is *the* new lightweight Comic Reader for Android Tablets and Phones.
Features (so far)
- full tablet support
- optional navigation via gestures
- optional navigation via height adjustable buttons
- left-to-right and right-to-left reading
- multiple bookmarks per comic
- opens CBR and CBZ files
- comic cover gallery
- double-page support
- free multitouch zoom
- supports portrait and landscape mode
... more already in development, i.e. a global bookmark management tool.
We're still working on it and open for suggestions.
Tell us what you want. Tell us what you NEED! :)
Found a bug? Let us know so we can fix it!
* CBR, CBZ, and image directory comic support
* Comic collection browser with thumbnails
* Quickly zoom in locally on a section of a page
* Page thumbnails to quickly scan through comics
* Continuous bookmarking for all comics
* Gracefully handles dual-spread pages
* Easy collection management from the library
* Easily zoom into pages
STAY TUNED FOR:
* Search across your entire collection
* A homescreen widget to quickly jump to your comics
The free version is ad-supported. Please check out the paid application to get an ad-free version.
TAGS: CBR, CBZ, comics, comic reader, comic viewer, manga, manga reader, manga viewer, graphic novel
Please don't hesitate to fill a bug report or request a new feature on :
Free access to more than 70,000 comics over 11 manga servers across the whole world. Huge user experience boost with suggestion on most popular manga among app users so that you will always find what you like.
Well-crafted for both phone and tablet, this app will certainly leverage your experience as a real comic lover.
From version 4.0, the long missed archive formats including cbr, cbz, zip and rar are supported. Now you can enjoy your own collections in this already fantastic app.
Comic Reader® is the final stop for your endless seeking.
English Comic Server
• Manga Here
• Manga Fox
• Manga Reader
• Comic Book Plus (Golden Age Comic)
• Fury Comics (Golden Age Comic)
Chinese Comic Server
Italian Comic Server
• Sub Manga
Spanish Comic Server
• Manga Here Spanish
French Comic Server
• Amine Story
• Ads Free
• More than 70K comics crawled over 11 manga servers
• Support comics/manga for English, Chinese, Italian, Spanish and French
• Golden age comics included
• Choose storage location, internal or external SD card
• Support Archive format includes CBZ, CBR, ZIP and RAR
• Download online comics
• Read comics directly online
• Read comics stored in devices
• Read from last quit page (configurable)
• Save book marks
• Favorite or Unfavorite online comics
• Mark local comics as read or unread
• Customize gestures and preferences
• Preview page in reading book mode
• Suggest popular manga based on user selection
Comic Reader is a free app and always be a free app. There is no in-app purchase nor any locked features. The reason why I build this app is purely because I love both programming and comics/manga. And I believe good comics not only bring fun to us but also let us have another thought on life and I enjoy to spread these treasures through my app. Just like those authors using their pen to build out the perfect world, I use code to architect the world the app I want.
Currently, comics and manga are sync with those official manga web sites on a monthly basis. You can support this app by donating through PayPal, the more you donate, the more hosting resources I can rent to better support this app.
Note, please add any wanted features in your comments and I will pick popular ones to implement. And please do not mark down this app if it misses your wanted features because I never say it supports them ! For people who give out poor rating without comments, they certainly shall not get respect in android community.
I have noticed that some countries have blocked one or more comic servers, if you are consistently getting errors on some comic servers, please test if you can access them from your web browser.
Organize all your comics in customizable collections, or use the powerful search feature to find what to read. Use the intelligent suggestions system to quickly fill your collections with related comics, or jump directly to the next issue when you have finished to read one.
Add the comics you like to your favorites list, and share the pages which amazed you the most with your friends in a few touches! It's that easy to use! Astonishing Comic Reader is fully compatible with CBZ and CBR comics! And it's ad free!
Astonishing Comic Reader is able to generate awesome wallpapers if you're using Romain Nurik Muzei app, and have a Chromecast support, so you can read your comics everywhere, on any screen!
Feel free to send any suggestions or feedback you may have heroic reader!
If you're wondering which is the comic used in the screenshots, go checkout the Misery Depot project on http://www.miserydepot.com/
Thanks to github, you are able to communicate back with the developer with bugs that you may find and even request new features that you think would make Open Comic Reader 10x better. Or give some of your time to contribute code to the project.
Project Homepage : https://github.com/sketchpunk/opencomicreader
Submit Bugs/Requests : https://github.com/sketchpunk/opencomicreader/issues
* NO ADs... EVER.
* Bar minimum permissions
* Opens ZIP/CBZ, RAR/CBR and Image Folders.
* Save reading progress and resume last read page
* Page preloading
* Comic library with grid of covers that can be customized
* Pinch to zoom comic pages.
* Two folders can be selected to sync comics from
* Tap the left or Right side of a page for next/prev, Or Swipe
* Library Filtering
* Group issues by Series, can even edit series
* ComicRack Meta Data support for Folders and Zip/Cbz
Supports tablets and smartphones, smart double tap zoom, syncing last read pages between devices, sharing comic pages, immersive mode, etc.
Project page: http://tt-rss.org/tt-comics/
Q: Why is RAR support so bad? Why do I get crashes when using RAR?
A: RAR is an undocumented proprietary format with terrible Android library support. See the project page for additional information on the subject.
Q: Why the internet permission?
A: Sync function requires it.
Q: Why access accounts permission?
A: Sync uses securely hashed name of the first Google account stored on your phone to identify you.
No personally identifiable information is sent when syncing.
Source available at Github: https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Comics-Reader licensed under GPL.
It has the following features:
- File browser to search comics
- Front pages preview
- You can advance page by swipe the image, or with a tap on the border of the screen
- Pinch zoom and double tap zoom
- Comics on formats cbz, zip, cbr and rar
- Different fit modes. The app fit the image width by default, but you can change it to fit height, the complete image, or even... the magic mode!
- The magic mode is an experimental feature, that tries to detect the panels of the page, and navigate by zooming them. In some comics the detection is awesome, in some comics doesn't work at all.
- Brightness adjustment with the volume buttons
- The app will remember the last read page of your comics
Comic Magic Reader is free software. You can get the source code at:
You can also follow me at twiter: @_pabloalba_
- Tap, Double Tap, Flick, Pinch In/Out
- Save the last page
- Save recent file
- Page split
- Grayscale mode
- zip, rar, cbr, cbz, jpg, png, gif, bmp
Supported system language
- Korean, English
Start the app and it automatically searches and displays all the comics that are available on your phone. Select them, read them, enjoy their booms, zaps and pows.
Speech Balloon not readable? Text too small? Just double tap the screen to zoom in or perform a pinch/unpinch with two fingers to perfectly zoom in and out. Swipe left and right to turn the pages and keep on reading.
Supported formats: CBZ and CBR .
Inside this issue...
The Haunts of Devil's Lake
other strange and exciting stories.
All Comic Lab Comics are designed to work great on phones and tablets.
View the entire page or zoom in for easier reading. Every Comic Lab Comic remembers where the last page you were on so you can just pick up and read without fumbling to find the last page you were on.
Comics are fun to read for all ages! Comic Lab Comics are a great way to get kids to keep reading during the summer break!
Full pan and zoom support.
Pinch to zoom.
Easy Navigation - Flip pages by tapping the translucent arrow buttons near the bottom left and right corners.
Remember when comics were good clean fun? It was every boy's (and a lot of girl's too!) every week adventure to get the latest comic adventures brought to you in those "dime magazine" rags.
We're on a mission to bring back those days into the new digital tablet frontier for today's youth and for those that want to recapture some of the day's of their youth as well.
In this app we bring you the second of a two part series "The Slave Girl Comics"
A series published by Avon Publications that lasted for two issues. It detailed the adventures of Malu, the titular slave girl.
Avon Publications was a paperback book and comic book publisher. It today exists only as an imprint of HarperCollins.
Avon Books was founded in 1941 by the American News Corporation to create a rival to Pocket Books. They hired Joseph and Edna Meyers to establish the company. They bought out J.S. Ogilvie Publications, a pulp magazine publisher, and renamed it “Avon Publications.” They also got into comic books.
From at least 1945 through the mid-1950s, Avon published comic books. Its titles included horror fiction, science fiction, Westerns, romance comics, war comics and funny-animal comics.
Slave Girl Comics Vol. 2:
Featuring: Malu, The Slave Girl
Comic Story 1: The Pirates of Abmur (10 pages)
Comic Story 2: The Lost Princess (6 pages)
Comic Story 3: The Tower of Indecision (10 pages)
Text Story: The Revel in Vardon Hall (2 pages)
Comic Story 4: The Flame Goddess (7 pages)
Comic Story 5: The Fall of Zankhara (10 pages)
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was legally published within the United States (or the United Nations Headquarters in New York subject to Section 7 of the United States Headquarters Agreement) before 1964, and copyright was not renewed.
Please Note: These Are Scanned Images Of The Original Published Comic. Some Artifacts May Appear On Some Of The Pages. The Images Are Quite Large As Depending On The Speed And Memory Of Your Tablet Or Other Android Device It May Take A Few Seconds For The App To Fully Load.
More from developer
* WATCH over 2500 NFB movies on your mobile device
* Pre-load films to WATCH OFFLINE (Store films for up to 48 hours).
* Bookmark your favourite films.
* SEARCH the NFB film collection
* Browse films by CHANNEL
* KIDS' channel with fun and educational content for children
* SHARE your discoveries with your friends by email, on Twitter or Facebook.
The National Film Board is Canada’s public film producer and distributor. Find out more at http://nfb.ca.
* WATCH over 2000 NFB movies on your mobile device
* SEARCH the NFB collection
* CHANNELS – Browse films by channel/subject
The National Film Board is Canada’s public film producer and distributor. Find out more at http://nfb.ca.
The Last Hunt features:
– Smooth, intuitive scrolling that provides a seamless storytelling experience
– A compelling narrative about family and tradition
– Beautiful images by Montreal photographer Alexi Hobbs
– Text overlaid with parallaxing interactive animation
Offering a new kind of interactive reading experience, The Last Hunt explores the strength of family bonds and the spirituality implicit in the act of hunting, delving deeply into the motivations that led Montreal photographer Alexi Hobbs to document his
grandfather’s last hunting expedition.
To follow the story, which stretches from the present moment back to the Second World War, app users scroll vertically through text overlaid with delicate, parallaxing interactive animation that challenges the conventions of the tablet reading experience.
Produced by the National Film Board of Canada
Created by the NFB Digital Studio
Story and Photography by Alexi Hobbs
Caractéristiques de La dernière chasse :
– défilement fluide et intuitif assurant la cohérence de la trame narrative;
– histoire captivante sur la famille et les traditions;
– images magnifiques captées par le photographe montréalais Alexi Hobbs;
– texte auquel se superpose une animation interactive en parallaxe.
La dernière chasse est une toute nouvelle expérience interactive, qui illustre la force des liens familiaux de même que le caractère spirituel implicite de la chasse tout en approfondissant les motivations ayant conduit le photographe montréalais Alexi Hobbs
à documenter la dernière expédition de chasse de son grand-père.
Pour suivre le fil du récit, qui commence aujourd’hui et remonte jusqu’à la Deuxième Guerre mondiale, l’utilisateur fait défiler verticalement un texte auquel se superpose une animation interactive en parallaxe, laquelle réinvente l’expérience de la lecture
de contenu sur tablette.
Produit par l’Office national du film du Canada
Créé par le Studio de production interactive de l’ONF
Récit et photos d’Alexi Hobbs