One of the best ways to improve the comprehension skills of young students. Children enjoy using their favorite electronic devices to learn!
*"Lite" version limited to free "first" story in each grade level. "Pro" version allows unlimited reading of all stories + free story add-ons available constantly.
Along with comprehension there are also questions based on words and phrases, spelling, punctuation and grammar exercises. This app makes your child's SSAT preparation a fun.
**NOTE: This is a lite version where in only few topics are available. All the remaining locked topics will be unlocked on buying the full version from within this lite version. It will be a one time purchase to unlock ALL the locked items in one go.
The passages are categorized into 12 practice papers. Each papers has one or two reading comprehensions and questions based on them. The questions on punctuation, spelling and complete the sentence test children's grammatical correctness in writing.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS
On the completion of each test the user is given a summary of questions answered correctly, incorrectly and skipped along with the time taken on each question. Every question can be reviewed and all questions have an explanation of the answer.
An interactive pie chart displays current progress for each topic. You can touch the different color slices of the pie and choose if you wish to answer only incorrectly answered questions, unattempted or correctly answered questions. This feature is very useful to achieve 100% score in each topic.
After you have practiced all types of questions, you can take a Mock Test with 50 questions. The Mock Test has questions selected randomly from each topic. Scores for the mock tests taken in the past are displayed in a bar chart. This is a great way to track how you are progressing in mock tests. There is no limit on how many mock tests you can take.
• 600 multiple-choice questions.
• Explanation with every question.
• Option to choose the number of questions to test.
• Progress meter helps to track progress, topic wise and mock test wise.
• Ability to re-attempt only the questions you get wrong or correct or never attempted
• Option to choose reset the progress and start from scratch.
Our Ultimate Reading Comprehension series was designed for students looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• A collection of 12 original stories written specifically for this app
• Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade levels
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
>> Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards <<
Non-fiction topics included in this app:
- All About Bats
- The Life of Abraham Lincoln
- The History of Video Games
- The Appalachian Trail
- Predator Insects
- The Story of Clara Barton & the Red Cross
Comprehend App helps you in improving your reading and listening skills and check your comprehension ability.
1. Be aware of your reading speed ( words per minute ).
2. Sharpen your listening skills.
3. Check your comprehension in both reading and listening mode.
4. Benchmark yourself.
5. Ability to add your own passages and use the app. Cut-paste from your existing text or from the browser and use the app to practice reading, listening and comprehension.
Note : After Inapp purchase, long-press on each passage title to edit,email passages.
English Reading Test application also has many flashcards for you. Practice them everyday to improve your vocabulary.
Don't forget put comments to help us improve this English Reading Test app.
The entire program is divided into three different reading levels: easy, medium and advanced. Easy courses teach your kids to read individual sight words. Medium courses help your little readers to learn to read simple sentences. Advanced courses are suitable to 1st grade readers for enhancing their reading fluency and skills in sentence formation.
The whole reading program covers around 40 different topics ranging from things at home, shapes, body parts, toys, actions, fruit and vegetables to wild animals, insect, nature, transportation, occupations, businesses and science and more than 100 different phonics rules.
Each course consists of 70-80 unique lessons with 300+ sight words in 8 topics and 250 high quality images, 150 videos and 3 fabulous voice-over. The curriculum is designed in such a way that each lesson is taken daily. Our app uses sight, sound and touch to keep your child engaged in the whole lesson. The images and interactive videos help to illustrate the words and the sentences to increase their reading comprehension. Your children will enjoy a completely tailored reading games at the end of each lesson that they can play and learn at their own pace.
Our interactive reading app is developed in collaboration with early education experts/teachers and adopts the sight word approaches proposed by famous researchers, such as Glenn Doman, Shichida and Maria Montessori. Whether you are looking for how to teach your babies/toddlers to read or how to help your kindergarteners or primary schoolers to improve their reading level, this reading app is perfect for you. It gives your child a super head start in reading and it works great for preschool, kindergarten or early primary school.
- Learn phonics and pronunciation
- Gain a reading vocabulary of 3000+ sight words in a wide range of topics
- Increase your child’s knowledge in many areas.
- Sound out words and letters - learning phonics on the fly
- Learn sight words and sentence formation
- Read along as the words are highlighted
- Enjoy 15 reading courses and counting
SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE PROFILES/LEARNERS
- Each child is assigned a suitable level of difficulty depending on his/her reading comprehension level.
- Add multiple users and switch between user accounts.
- Save and track user progress, app settings at user level.
RICH AND HIGH QUALITY CONTENT:
- Each course contains approximately a total of 3000+ words, 150 videos, 250 images, 2200 audios and 3 different voices.
- A course has approximately 70 lessons.
- Lessons are never the same.
ENGAGING READING GAME MODES
- Different reading games will reinforce your child’s learning experience.
- Reading games are adjusted and customized by the individual’s progress.
- Stickers are awarded after each lesson.
NEW CONTENT ADDED EVERY MONTH
- A new course is released every month.
- New languages are being added.
- Flashcards can be configured to run in different modes: flashcard (picture + word), only picture, only word, word then picture, picture then word
- The flash card interval can be changed from 0.1 second (super fast) to 3 seconds (super slow)
DOWNLOAD THE MONKEY JUNIOR READING APP NOW!!!
Monkey Junior is developed by Early Start Co. As we specialize in early education, our motto is, “Education starts at birth”. We believe that education should be joyful and engaging. We have helped many children to become confident early readers, and we can help your kids to be one, too.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• 5 short, engaging stories for young readers per grade level
• A variety of fiction and nonfiction
• Track stories read and what’s next on the reading list
• Automatic suggestions to increase reading difficulty when students achieve consistently fast wpm scores
• Timer automatically calculates wpm for each reading attempt
• Each grade 1 through 4 story includes questions to check reading understanding
•Question pools of 6 to 9 questions per story gauge comprehension on rereading attempts
•Question prompts for grade 1 stories include audio support for developing readers
Summary Charts and Graphs
• Grade Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency (time) and comprehension (correct answers) mastery across the grade level
• Story Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency wpm and correct answers for the last 6 reading attempts per story
• Easily delete single reading attempts from charts
• Classroom teachers or reading specialists performing student reading assessments like DIBELS
• Educators looking for age-appropriate, Flesch-Kincaid-aligned reading passages for reading or literacy instruction
• Parents seeking a way to gauge their child’s current reading proficiency
K12 Timed Reading & Comprehension Practice was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts and Phonics curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, e-mail email@example.com
Don't forget put comments to help us improve this English Reading Practice app.
They will enjoy these stories while learning vocabulary, sentence structure, comprehension and much more.
Each story has 3 multiple choice questions to answer. There are over 145 questions in this app.
Second grade students will gain word fluency and reading comprehension.
This app will make students have a love for reading.
English Reading Comprehension Test
Let's test your English Reading Comprehension Skills through this simple 5-minute tests.
You can improve your English skills anywhere with this simple and easy app.
Along with comprehension there are also questions based on words and phrases, spelling, punctuation and grammar exercises.
Have topics from various categories.
The passages are categorized into 5 grades. Each papers has one or two reading comprehensions and questions based on them. The questions on punctuation, spelling and complete the sentence test children's grammatical correctness in writing.
After you have practiced all types of questions, you can take a Mock Test with 10 questions from each topic. The Mock Test has questions selected randomly from each topic. Scores for the mock tests taken in the past are displayed in a bar chart. This is a great way to track how you are progressing in mock tests. There is no limit on how many mock tests you can take.
You will love all apps and Nursery rhymes by Simsam.
You can read and listen to it.
*this can improve your English reading and listening comprehension level.
*200 brief articles in English and reading these articles corresponding MP3.
*Articles are short. reading speed is slow.
*All reading mp3 are free to download.
*Favorite your favorite articles.
If you're learning English, download it. Thank you.
Start improving your child's reading comprehension skills with Kids Reading Comprehension Level 1!
Kids Reading Comprehension Level 1 for Android is an interactive and educational app developed to assist parents, teachers and caregivers in teaching their children to learn the essential skill of reading comprehension. Children are able to work on mastering reading comprehension as well as practice their reading skills.
✦ Kids Reading Comprehension 1 features the ability to keep track of multiple readers (up to four).
✦ Kids Reading Comprehension 1 features engaging and educational passages pertinent to everyday life.
✦ Kids Reading Comprehension 1 features follow-up questions that challenge your child to remember what he or she just read.
✦ Kids Reading Comprehension 1 features a fun and entertaining congratulatory experience when all questions have been answered correctly.
✦ Kids Reading Comprehension 1 features Progress reports for each child accessible from within the app.
Kids Reading Comprehension Level 1 Passages Experience
Upon launching the app you or your child will be taken to the main menu. It is here that your child will choose his or her name. If it is your child's first time using the app, he or she will be prompted to enter his or her name after touching the new reader icon. After entering his or her name, your child will be presented with their own bookshelf. Here your child is free to choose which passage they would like to read.
Tips for first time users:
✦Access your child's progress report by touching the progress button located in the upper right hand corner of their bookshelf.
✦Return to the main menu by touching the main button located at the upper left hand corner of the bookshelf.
✦Return to the bookshelf from within any passage by touching the back arrow button found in the upper left hand corner of every book.
✦ For a more challenging experience, select hide passages from within the settings menu.
Please feel free to send any suggestions or comments to AndroidSupport@AngelaApps.com
- Significant increases in your reading speed
- Eye-exercises and improvements in your mental capacity
This speed reading app provides everything you need to read texts of all types faster, more effectively and most of all, with better retention.
The PowerReader allows you to get your daily work done while practicing important reading skills.
Learning reading techniques has never been this much fun!
Double your reading speed in just a few days.
Trial users have used this software to increase their reading speed by an average of 143% in 10 days.
Do you currently need 30 minutes to read the daily paper? Soon you will read two papers and, in addition, another chapter in an interesting non-fiction book – within the same time period.
This innovative app provides the ideal platform to achieve measurable results with a minimum of effort.
But that’s not all: You will have fun mastering the skills you need to attain effective reading techniques and significantly increase your reading speed; this means:
- Rapid recognition of numbers, letters and words
- Flexible eye movements
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Increased vision span
The app guides you through the individual training steps.
The software immediately recognizes your strengths and weaknesses. The statistics function lets you see and track your progress.
The results of each training exercise are charted for your review. More stars mean that you are getting closer to your objective: more effective reading skills and with it extremely high reading speeds.
You can check your reading speed at any time using different reading tests from a variety of topics.
Questions about the text are used as a secondary test to assess your retention ability. This is the ideal combination for mastering effective reading skills and high retention rates.
But beware: you might get hooked since early progress will motivate you to work on your skills regularly.
It is fun and you are doing something to stay mentally fit at the same time.
We recommend that you train regularly but not excessively to ensure best results.
Who needs this app?
- Anyone reading more than half an hour a day
- High-School and College students
- Purchasing and Sales Professionals
Who can benefit from this app?
- Do you often feel that you take too long to read something?
- Do you return to previous passages because something was not clear?
- Are you easily distracted while reading?
- Do you have difficulty recalling what you read?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then this app is what you need.
For teachers and schools, a dedicated ad-free version is available on the Google Play Store For Education.***
With more than 1,490 activities, iTooch 3rd Grade Language Arts is a fun way of practicing and learning Language Arts for third graders.
It is, by far, the largest collection of educational worksheets based on the US National Common Core Standards on Google Play for elementary school.
Used by more than 3,000,000 users, iTooch apps provide comprehensive learning solutions which help parents, teachers and students to identify and address learning needs in a fun and motivating way.
★ UNIQUE SET OF FEATURES ★
• A clear, simple and engaging interface so that children learn with fun
• Speech synthesis option to help users in reading and text comprehension
• Multi-player management
• Font size adjustment to suit everyone’s needs
• An embedded scientific calculator
• A virtual blackboard
• A lesson summary attached to each chapter
• In-app feedback to send suggestions to the author
• Power ups to increase motivation and give a little boost !
♫ PARENTS AND KIDS LOVE OUR APPS ♫
‣ "This app has been everything I was looking for. Multiple question types including decimal points and word problems. The ability to test the learning. And here's the kicker: it is so much fun, I had to pull my son off of it after 2 hours!"
‣ "My son is home schooled plus goes to a charter school. This program makes it easy to supplement his schoolwork without buying a lot of books or printing worksheets. I recommend it for all parents who are committed to their children's education."
★ WHAT TEACHERS HAVE SAID ★
‣ "I just downloaded your apps. Wow. They are amazing. I have been using the tablet for over a year in my class and I have to say that this is one if the best apps I have seen in a long time."
‣ "A terrific app that covers a lot of ground concept-wise. This app combines a no-frills approach to content while still providing the user with an exciting learning experience. The mascot is adorable and keeps kids on task with lots of encouragement and there is a lesson summary available when needed."
☀ OUR APPLICATION CONTAINS ☀
✓ 5 themes: Reading, Writing and Composition, Research and Reasoning, Vocabulary Booster, Communication
✓ 50 chapters per title with lessons, examples, and figures
✓ 1,490 questions per title with clues and detailed explanations
✓ 62 original pictures
➡ iTooch 3rd Grade Language Arts is by far the most comprehensive educative tool on Google Play for students in Grade 3.
Discover our other apps iTooch 3rd Grade Math and iTooch 3rd Grade Science on the Google Play Store. Our apps are available for 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade and 8th Grade in Language Arts, Math and Science. iTooch apps comply with the US National Common Core standards for K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7 and K8.
☎ CONTACT ☎
‣ Facebook: http://facebook.com/itoochapps
‣ Twitter: @itooch
‣ Website: http://edupad.com
Incomplete sentences practice tests
Error recognition practice tests
Text completion practice tests
Reading comphrehnsion - single passage practice tests
Reading comprehension - double passages practice tests
No internet connection is necessary
Written by experts
Useful practice for other international English exams, such as the TOEFL® test and IELTS.
TOEIC® is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This mobile app is not endorsed or approved by ETS.