One of the best ways to improve the comprehension skills of young students. Children enjoy using their favorite electronic devices to learn!
*"Lite" version limited to free "first" story in each grade level. "Pro" version allows unlimited reading of all stories + free story add-ons available constantly.
English Reading Comprehension Test
Let's test your English Reading Comprehension Skills through this simple 5-minute tests.
You can improve your English skills anywhere with this simple and easy app.
Along with comprehension there are also questions based on words and phrases, spelling, punctuation and grammar exercises.
Have topics from various categories.
The passages are categorized into 5 grades. Each papers has one or two reading comprehensions and questions based on them. The questions on punctuation, spelling and complete the sentence test children's grammatical correctness in writing.
After you have practiced all types of questions, you can take a Mock Test with 10 questions from each topic. The Mock Test has questions selected randomly from each topic. Scores for the mock tests taken in the past are displayed in a bar chart. This is a great way to track how you are progressing in mock tests. There is no limit on how many mock tests you can take.
You will love all apps and Nursery rhymes by Simsam.
Along with comprehension there are also questions based on words and phrases, spelling, punctuation and grammar exercises. This app makes your child's SSAT preparation a fun.
**NOTE: This is a lite version where in only few topics are available. All the remaining locked topics will be unlocked on buying the full version from within this lite version. It will be a one time purchase to unlock ALL the locked items in one go.
The passages are categorized into 12 practice papers. Each papers has one or two reading comprehensions and questions based on them. The questions on punctuation, spelling and complete the sentence test children's grammatical correctness in writing.
DETAILED TEST RESULTS
On the completion of each test the user is given a summary of questions answered correctly, incorrectly and skipped along with the time taken on each question. Every question can be reviewed and all questions have an explanation of the answer.
An interactive pie chart displays current progress for each topic. You can touch the different color slices of the pie and choose if you wish to answer only incorrectly answered questions, unattempted or correctly answered questions. This feature is very useful to achieve 100% score in each topic.
After you have practiced all types of questions, you can take a Mock Test with 50 questions. The Mock Test has questions selected randomly from each topic. Scores for the mock tests taken in the past are displayed in a bar chart. This is a great way to track how you are progressing in mock tests. There is no limit on how many mock tests you can take.
• 600 multiple-choice questions.
• Explanation with every question.
• Option to choose the number of questions to test.
• Progress meter helps to track progress, topic wise and mock test wise.
• Ability to re-attempt only the questions you get wrong or correct or never attempted
• Option to choose reset the progress and start from scratch.
English Reading Test application also has many flashcards for you. Practice them everyday to improve your vocabulary.
Don't forget put comments to help us improve this English Reading Test app.
Our Ultimate Reading Comprehension series was designed for students looking for an advantage in solidifying their reading and understanding skills:
• A collection of 12 original stories written specifically for this app
• Choose between fiction, non-fiction, or a mix of both fiction and non-fiction selections
• Read and test your comprehension with a variety of questions about the selected passages
• Study anywhere and learn at your own pace
• Each passage and question set takes approximately 5-8 minutes to complete
• Specifically appropriate content chosen at the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade levels
• Works well in classrooms for independent study time
• Increase student reading comprehension and their scores!
>> Aligned with CCSS - Common Core State Standards <<
Non-fiction topics included in this app:
- All About Bats
- The Life of Abraham Lincoln
- The History of Video Games
- The Appalachian Trail
- Predator Insects
- The Story of Clara Barton & the Red Cross
• 5 short, engaging stories for young readers per grade level
• A variety of fiction and nonfiction
• Track stories read and what’s next on the reading list
• Automatic suggestions to increase reading difficulty when students achieve consistently fast wpm scores
• Timer automatically calculates wpm for each reading attempt
• Each grade 1 through 4 story includes questions to check reading understanding
•Question pools of 6 to 9 questions per story gauge comprehension on rereading attempts
•Question prompts for grade 1 stories include audio support for developing readers
Summary Charts and Graphs
• Grade Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency (time) and comprehension (correct answers) mastery across the grade level
• Story Stats: Per-student chart shows fluency wpm and correct answers for the last 6 reading attempts per story
• Easily delete single reading attempts from charts
• Classroom teachers or reading specialists performing student reading assessments like DIBELS
• Educators looking for age-appropriate, Flesch-Kincaid-aligned reading passages for reading or literacy instruction
• Parents seeking a way to gauge their child’s current reading proficiency
K12 Timed Reading & Comprehension Practice was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive Language Arts and Phonics curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, e-mail email@example.com
Comprehend App helps you in improving your reading and listening skills and check your comprehension ability.
1. Be aware of your reading speed ( words per minute ).
2. Sharpen your listening skills.
3. Check your comprehension in both reading and listening mode.
4. Benchmark yourself.
5. Ability to add your own passages and use the app. Cut-paste from your existing text or from the browser and use the app to practice reading, listening and comprehension.
Note : After Inapp purchase, long-press on each passage title to edit,email passages.
Don't forget put comments to help us improve this English Reading Practice app.
You can read and listen to it.
*this can improve your English reading and listening comprehension level.
*200 brief articles in English and reading these articles corresponding MP3.
*Articles are short. reading speed is slow.
*All reading mp3 are free to download.
*Favorite your favorite articles.
If you're learning English, download it. Thank you.
This GRE course is built according to the new syllabus and is specially designed for studying and testing yourself on mobile. The course includes exhaustive study notes and a large set of practice questions along with detailed answers. The course also helps you brush up your vocabulary with 3500+ vocabulary flashcards
The content covers Verbal Reasoning, Math and Analytical Writing Skills section in complete detail. Each section is divided into study notes and practice tests having short tests with detailed questions and answers.
The key features of the course:
Word Pack: Over 3500 flashcards to help you improve your vocabulary on the go
Study Notes: Complete GRE syllabus of Verbal and Math in a concise format for you to learn quickly
Practice Tests: Exhaustive library of GRE level questions for you to practice
The app contains all kinds of sample questions that are asked in the GRE along with detailed solutions for them. Take Verbal (Reading Comprehension, Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence) and Math tests on your phones, get detailed answers to all the questions, analysis of your performance and a snapshot of your preparation level.
Take FREE quizzes and compete with your friends preparing for GRE exam.
You can study this GRE tutor course on any Android device and on the web (goto www.gradestack.com)
Like us on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/GradeStack
Follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/grade_stack
For more apps : https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=GradeStack+Education
This application intends to provide the free test samples for your TOEIC reading test.
With thousand of question and samples that cover on almost TOEIC reading test contents, it really brings you the best preparation for your incoming TOEIC Reading test. In addition, it goes with super friendly interface, easy to use, It is really can be your best friend on TOEIC reading preparation.
- It is FREE.
- More than thousands of TOEIC reading samples can cover almost TOEIC reading test contents.
- It is designed with easy and friendly user interface.
They will enjoy these stories while learning vocabulary, sentence structure, comprehension and much more.
Each story has 3 multiple choice questions to answer. There are over 145 questions in this app.
Second grade students will gain word fluency and reading comprehension.
This app will make students have a love for reading.
- Based on our best-selling book, this app will help you master the words you need to know to succeed on the verbal section of the GRE.
- This free starter application includes 30 “essential” words most commonly seen on the exam as well as 5 unique exam questions to test your word knowledge.
- The flash card format gives you a quick and efficient way to study the words you don’t know and file away the words you do. Each flash card contains the vocabulary word on the front, and its part of speech, definition, and sample sentence/s on the back.
- Flash cards can be filed into either the “Mastered” box or the “Unknown" and ” Known" boxes for future vocab review.
- An interactive quiz allows you to choose your test size and review answers immediately or when you complete the exam.
Need a more intensive GRE review? Then download the complete set of clickable word lists and flash cards for both the 300 most essential words and the 800 high-frequency words by making an in-app purchase of $4.99.
-For more Barron’s GRE-related test prep materials, visit us at www.barronseduc.com.
QuotEd’s unique possibilities for your LSAT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, ACT, or other exam study include:
* Brief explanations of all answer choices.
* Varying levels of difficulty, 1-5.
* Author and work for each quotation.
* Bank of quotations to memorize (pick 2 or 3!) for your exam essays or to look up for your admissions essays.
* “Favorites” button so you can save your favorite quotations or questions for friends!
* A 10-question quiz mode for when you have time for more than the daily question.
Unlike other app builders, we do not believe in tiered groups of paid users – everyone is a premium user for QuotEd. Our app could actually be a 250 page book, which would cost $30 if published in book form. Below, we describe how QuotEd can assist you specifically on some tests. You may certainly read all the descriptions, but please feel free to scroll down to the one you’re preparing for:
ACT prep: The ACT is a reading test, period. Even math depends upon your reading ability. On top of that, ACT reading sections test your ability to decipher writing styles from 4 different categories: Prose Fiction, Social Science, Humanities, & Natural Science. To help, QuotEd exposes you to HUNDREDS of different writing styles alongside repetition of the most common, confusingly phrased questions. This way, no writing style or question should scare you on test day. Further, seeing 5 answer choices instead of 4 will make the ACT’s answer choices seem like a breeze. Overload now, and enjoy a smoother ride on the real ACT test!
SAT prep: Loathe those mini-reading sections? Ever wonder how on Earth you’re supposed to handle the crazy “what does this completely asinine word mean in context” questions? Sick of hearing “If you want to improve your reading score, just read thousands of good books!” when you’re already a junior/senior? QuotEd has already helped two students score perfect 800’s on the SAT Critical Reading and helped other users raise their SAT reading scores hundreds of points. Plus, you’ll learn cool words because we’ve pulled our 35-75 word quotations from many of those “thousands of good books” you’re supposed to have read.
GMAT prep, LSAT prep, & GRE prep: Tired of boring prep materials that all seem to have the same paragraphs? Instead of fashioning dull paragraphs with minutely detailed elements, we share fantastic quotations from engaging works that you can use as you prepare for reading comprehension & critical/logical reasoning sections. Among other good reviews, Manhattan GMAT’s blog gave this glowing review: “It’s hard to find many great apps designed to help with reading comprehension in the App Store but QuotEd has a tremendous base of higher-level paragraphs and questions.”!
Follow @QuotEdapp on Twitter for special theme weeks to win free gear & gain testing insights. In the meantime, welcome to the conversation!
--The QuotEd Team
Disclaimer: We doubt we’ll be able to keep writing questions to infinity, but we’ll keep rolling until the cows come home, whenever that should be.
- Significant increases in your reading speed
- Eye-exercises and improvements in your mental capacity
This speed reading app provides everything you need to read texts of all types faster, more effectively and most of all, with better retention.
The PowerReader allows you to get your daily work done while practicing important reading skills.
Learning reading techniques has never been this much fun!
Double your reading speed in just a few days.
Trial users have used this software to increase their reading speed by an average of 143% in 10 days.
Do you currently need 30 minutes to read the daily paper? Soon you will read two papers and, in addition, another chapter in an interesting non-fiction book – within the same time period.
This innovative app provides the ideal platform to achieve measurable results with a minimum of effort.
But that’s not all: You will have fun mastering the skills you need to attain effective reading techniques and significantly increase your reading speed; this means:
- Rapid recognition of numbers, letters and words
- Flexible eye movements
- Improved ability to concentrate
- Increased vision span
The app guides you through the individual training steps.
The software immediately recognizes your strengths and weaknesses. The statistics function lets you see and track your progress.
The results of each training exercise are charted for your review. More stars mean that you are getting closer to your objective: more effective reading skills and with it extremely high reading speeds.
You can check your reading speed at any time using different reading tests from a variety of topics.
Questions about the text are used as a secondary test to assess your retention ability. This is the ideal combination for mastering effective reading skills and high retention rates.
But beware: you might get hooked since early progress will motivate you to work on your skills regularly.
It is fun and you are doing something to stay mentally fit at the same time.
We recommend that you train regularly but not excessively to ensure best results.
Who needs this app?
- Anyone reading more than half an hour a day
- High-School and College students
- Purchasing and Sales Professionals
Who can benefit from this app?
- Do you often feel that you take too long to read something?
- Do you return to previous passages because something was not clear?
- Are you easily distracted while reading?
- Do you have difficulty recalling what you read?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of these questions then this app is what you need.