Realistic 3D space travel simulator and planetarium.
In this app you will find:
- All major planets and moons in the Solar System, with their accurate keplerian orbits:
* Earth and Moon
* Mars and its moons Phobos and Deimos
* Jupiter and its major moons: Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto
* Saturn and its major moons: Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion and Iapetus
* Uranus and its major moons: Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania and Oberon
* Neptune and Triton
- All dwarf planets and its major moons:
* Pluto and its moons:Charon, Nix and Hydra
* Haumea and its moons: Namaka and Hi'iaka
* Eris and its moon Dysnomia
- Asteroid field and Trojan asteroids
- Real space photographs for all celestial bodies in the Solar System
- All known extrasolar systems with exoplanets within 50 light years:
* Alpha Centauri
* Epsilon Eridani
* Tau Ceti
* Gamma Cephei
* 47 Ursae Majoris
* 55 Cancri
* 54 Piscium
* 61 Virginis
* Upsilon Andromedae
* Nu2 Lupi
* HIP 57050, HIP 79431
* HD 20794, HD 85512, HD 102365, HD 69830, HD 40307, HD 147513, HD 176051, HD 38858
* Gliese 86, Gliese 176, Gliese 179, Gliese 317, Gliese 433, Gliese 436, Gliese 581, Gliese 649, Gliese 667, Gliese 674, Gliese 785, Gliese 832, Gliese 849, Gliese 876, Gliese 1214
- Notable stars also present:
* Proxima Centauri
* Barnard's Star
* 61 Cygni
- Timeslider to accelerate/decelerate time. You'll also be able to run time backwards
- Realistic interplanetary orbits from any planet to any other planet and moon
- Realistic calculation of fuel requirements using Tsiolkovsky Rocket equation
- Interstellar travel!
- Relativistic effects of time dilation, length contraction and relativistic doppler shift during interstellar flights
- Free flight mode: command your spaceship with unlimited fuel and experience effects of gravity on your trajectories.
Please contact me if you have any complain or suggestion.
More from developer
* Aligned with all Common Core Standards for informational text
* Reading passages are integrated with popular social studies and science themes.
* Question sets focusing on main idea, sequencing, contextual vocabulary, and passage details are included
* Passages and questions mirror those found on state-mandated standardized test.
* These tests are taken 35,000 times each day by students and adults throughout the world.
* Built by Mr. Nussbaum - a public school teacher with experience in grades 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
* Score recording function includes scores on all tests taken, average score if taken multiple times, and time and date test was taken.
* Optional timer
* Optional "Change Font Size" feature
* Optional text highlighting feature in four different colors
* Optional feature that automatically records score if test in refreshed or exited before it is finished (cheating detection)
In Tony Fraction's Pizza Shop, you have five minutes to sell as many pizzas as possible using your equivalent fractions skills. Be careful though. You customers expect you to fulfill their strange fractional orders. See below for an example:
Step 1.) Read the customer order. A sample customer order might read “I’ll have a large pizza, 1/2 pepperoni, 2/5 mushrooms and 1/10 bacon”
Step 2.) Select pizza size. In this case, select “large”. This will cause the denominator to change to 10, as a large pizza has ten slices.
Step 3 and 4.) Select toppings. First, click on pepperoni and apply to half of the pizza (5 slices). Next, click on mushrooms and apply it to 2/5 of the pizza (4 slices). Finally, click on bacon and apply it to 1/10 of the pizza (1 slice). NOTE – if you make a mistake, select a different pizza size and then re-select the original pizza size to get a new pizza.
Step 5) Click on “send”. If you are correct, you will make a sale. Incorrect pizzas will cost you! Enjoy the game!
Common Core Skills:
You can see the online version in action at http://mrnussbaum.com/draggable/index2/
You can also change the background view to blank, lined, or graph paper.
"mathepillar" turn into a beautiful butterfly. Simply touch the correct answer for each addition and subtraction problem and watch your mathepillar start out as an egg, hatch into a "mathepillar," form a chrysalis, and eventually emerge as a beautiful butterfly.
Recommended for ages 4-6
Basic addition to 9
Basic subtraction to 9
Caterpillar/Butterfly Life Cycle
This simple game reinforces letter sounds, sight words, and matching words with pictures.
* Counting by 2
* Counting by 3
* Counting by 4
* Counting by 5
* Counting by 6
* Counting by 7
* Counting by 8
* Counting by 9
* Comparing Numbers
* Number Sense
* Multiplication Foundation
Numbers between 1-100
Numbers between tens
When you choose a course, you will see a number to look for. For example, if you choose the addition course, you might see + 6. This means that you must ski between all flags that show a + 6 relationship. If the flags are numbered 2 and 8, you would ski through them. If they are numbered 5 and 10, you would ski around them.
Be careful, you will be penalized for skiing through the wrong flags and skiing around the correct flags. Watch out for those pesky squirrels, bears, penguins, and rocks that you must ski around to avoid penalties. To earn a gold medal, you have to be fast and nimble.
Science/Social Studies cross-curricular studies