This sensor is visible on the face of the device. So you can easily use it. Just put it close to the light.
This light meter app reports its values in lux value, and has a typical dynamic range between 1 and 30,000 lux level.
But some devices the light sensor may not be linear and not be so accurate. And some earlier devices do not have a light sensor.
- You can calibrate it (many devices doesn´t provide measurements in any standard unit).
- It shows you maximun,minimum and average measures.
- Units: lux (but you can use other units introducing a multiplication factor).
It will only show measures in compatible devices.
IMPORTANT! ABOUT RESOLUTION OF MEASURES:
Because of the resolution of the light sensor of some devices like Samsung Galaxy S2, in some devices the app will only give measures with a resolution of 10^n lux ( 10 lux, 100 lux, 1.000 lux...) or other kind of scale. It´s not a bug of the app, it´s due to the resolution of the sensor of these devices.
You should also keep in mind that this software shows the measures given by the device and so, if the device sensor doesn´t give good quality measures (it happens in some devices), this software won´t either give good quality measures. Please do not vote negative in that cases.
Take the instantaneous measurement, keeping the highs measures, medium and minimum for better control in time
IMPORTANT..!!! This application only works on devices with Light sensor
To be used in photography, scenic design or whatever you want
Bonus: includes a sound meter and a vibrations meter.
Includes a nice graph. You can make screenshots and pause the meter.
Value is DIRECT from the phone sensor in Lux. It may differ from a normal dedicated luxmeter. Bulb Life App Icon by Nicholas Menghini from The Noun Project http://thenounproject.com/nl_menghini/. Button icons http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/. Libraries used e.keyboardsurfer.android.widget:crouton // com.mikepenz.iconics:library")
A light meter is a device used to measure the amount of light. In photography, a light meter is often used to determine the proper exposure for a photograph. Typically a light meter will include a computer, either digital or analog, which allows the photographer to determine which shutter speed and f-number should be selected for an optimum exposure, given a certain lighting situation and film speed.
Light meters are also used in the fields of cinematography and scenic design, in order to determine the optimum light level for a scene. They are used in the general field of lighting, where they can help to reduce the amount of waste light used in the home, light pollution outdoors, and plant growing to ensure proper light levels.
Inspired by Smart Tools app.
1. Analog and Digital Lux Meter with High, Low and Normal Levels indicating lights with sound buzzers.
2. Live Graph showing the light changes
2. Covers a large range of work-stations light requirements
3. Has a reset button for refreshing the surroundings light levels
4. Elegant user Interface
5. Displays the Minimum and Maximum Range of Lux Levels for all the workstations included.
Actually, it is a really today's need for every person working in any domain of work to facilitate a better and recommended vision for his efficient working.
Professional light intensity (lux) meter for your device.
It measures illumination levels in lux.
■ direct reading in lux
■ 0 to 1000lux in 2 ranges
■ up to 300000lux in ICS+
■ automatic range change
■ support for neutral filters
■ 5% max error (device dependent)
■ predefined and custom calibration
■ sensor linearity correction option
■ alternative display in fc (foot-candles)
■ display of light color temperature in K
(available only on supported devices)
■ realistic vintage analog look
■ tablet support
■ 18 case skins
This app requires devices with a light sensor. It uses native light sensor data acquisition that gives accurate and instant light intensity reading. This type of native data acquisition is available for many supported devices.
Other devices are also supported by the built-in compatibility mode but the accuracy and the speed of light intensity reading may be limited and custom calibration is required for correct reading under compatibility mode.
Custom calibration procedures are described on the following page:
Also, on some devices the light sensor may not be linear, not continuous and measuring errors will occur or the maximum measuring range may be limited. This is not app's fault.
This app also provides a light color temperature measurement in K (degrees Kelvin) that is only supported on devices employing color light sensor. On all other devices the display shows n/a (not available).
REMEMBER!! The built-in microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore the maximum values are LIMITED by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound(100+ db) cannot be recognized. Moto Droid (max.100), Galaxy S3 (81dB), Galaxy Note (91dB), Galaxy S2 (98dB)...
SPL(sound pressure level) meter app uses your built-in microphone to measure noise volume in decibels(db), and shows a reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB(A).
See the 4-6th pictures. I had calibrated many android devices with an actual sound level meter. You can trust the result in routine-noise levels (40-70dB). But, please use it as an auxiliary tool.
* Pro version added Features :
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistic menu with saving log data
- CSV file exporting
- Level notification
- Line-chart duration
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
* Do you want more tools?
Get [Sound Meter Pro] and [Smart Tools] package.
For more information, see the manual, Youtube video and the blog. Thank you.
** Not compatible with: Xperia(X8, X10 mini), LG(Optimus One, P350), GT-I9001, ZTE, etc
- Direct reading in lux
- Support maximum and minimum lux values
- Guidance for recommended light level in different work spaces
- Auto calibration light meter by front camera.
- Custom calibration.
- Keep calibration factor in preference.
Be aware that the accuracy of the light sensor vary between different devices and values shown in this application are indicative.
Tags: Lux, Luxmeter, Light, Lightmeter, Lx, Fc,
The accuracy of the measurement depends on the accuracy of your device sensor.
For more accurate sensor readings, you can set the correction factor by using calibration feature.
Note: Some old devices doesn't have light sensor, you will receive notification at the start of the program if so.
Most probably the sensor is installed near to the front camera.
If you like the program, please support us by buying ad-free version:
* Measure the ambient illuminance in Lux (lx) with your light sensor.
* Simple app to detect the light of your environment. Check and compare the illuminance of different light sources. See the minimum and maximum values.
* You can also set your favorite color.
* The measured value depends on the accuracy of your device's light sensor and may differ from the real illuminance and between different devices.
In addition to a digital display of the light intensity in lux, lux meter on the display of two analog instruments. A linear display and a circular display. The scale can be adjusted, this is in accordance with the meaningful display.
In addition, the maximum and the minimum value is displayed.
To increase the accuracy of a calibration factor can be set. Lux Meter provides all the light sensors of your device ready for measurement, these are displayed accordingly and are Selectable if your device has multiple sensors.
Lux, lux meter, light meter, light meter, lux sensor, photo light, photo exposure, light sensor, exposure
Exclusive accuracy of measurements.
We have made this Light Meter for that you could save on purchasing of professional illuminometers which cost hundreds of dollars. At the same time we love beautiful design and we like to surprise, therefore, having acquired our illuminometer you also receive the graceful and extremely convenient device with intuitive interface.
Please note that Light Meter app is not a replacement for a professional device and should be used for private purposes only.
- Unique and attractive design.
- Exclusive simplicity and convenience of use .
- Lighting fast measurements.
Have any questions or suggestions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please beware that the data accuracy depends completely of device light sensor and because of that values shown should be taken only as indicative. For professional uses it is better to use a standarized and calibrated sensor.
Lux has 3 modes of lighting.
On ON mode, the camera flash always lights. It is useful as a flashlight and an interior lamp.
On FL mode, the camera flash blinks. It is useful for letting know your location in the dark. On this mode, you can change blink speed. So it is useful many situations depending on your inspirations.
On SOS mode, the camera flash lights as SOS signal. It repeats 3 short ONs and 3 long ONs. If you have Lux in your smart phone, you can feel secure in the outdoor.
Calculation of total floux [PRO]
Lumens to Lux
Lux to Lumens
Lumens to Watts
Watts to Lumens
Lux to Watts
Watts to Lux
Lumens to Candela
Candela to Lumens
Candela to Lux
Lux to Candela
Lux / Foot-Candle [PRO]
Compare power [PRO]
Type of lamps [PRO]
Lamp fittings [PRO]
Table luminous efficacy [PRO]
Color temperature [PRO]
Fluorescent tubes [PRO]
Color codes of fluorescent tubes [PRO]
Power factor correction [PRO]
Lux meter [PRO] (is compatible only on devices with light sensor)
Typical led characteristics [PRO]
Power supply for strip led [PRO]
- English (V.Ragona)
- Italiano (E.Gallina)
- Français (E.Gallina)
- Russian (Djek.Energetik)
- Spanish (Gameriven)
- Portuguese (PT) (L.Sousa)
- German (Eindringling)
- Serbian (Latin) (S.Fisic)
- Magyar (T.Fegyveres)
- Arabic (Y.Mimouni)
- Greek (T.Pergantis)
- Turkish (B.Aydogdu)
- Bulgarian (H.Ganchev)
- Polish (drzordz)
- Persian (by B. Lashgari TJ)
- Croatian (by G.Arabadžić)
- Vietnamese (by Nguyễn Duy Trung)
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE RATING SYSTEM TO REPORT BUGS!
INSTEAD CONTACT ME ON: email@example.com
Can you translate this app in another language? Download the file translate.zip (http://www.gallinaettore.com/ge/lighting_calculations_translate.php), translate the app and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a PRO Key gratis!!
* How can I install Pro Key and unlock the application?
- To install the Pro Key, you just go on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.Ettore.calcoliilluminotecniciProkey and buy it. Reboot your device after installation. Please do not remove free version of the application.
* How can I purchase Pro Key?
- To purchase the Pro Key, you must associate a credit card or a prepaid card to your Play Store account. In some countries you can also pay with phone credit and PayPal. It isn't accept other payment methods.
* It is possible restore Pro Key after resetting the device? Can I transfer Pro Key on the new device I bought?
- Yes, you just login to Play Store with the same account that you used to purchase app and it will be possible reinstall the applications that were previously purchased.
* Why this app asks for "Identity" permission?
- Permission is required to validate the serial number.
It is easy to use and will let you follow the game without missing any detail of what’s going on in the field!
-When the game is finished you will be able to generate a summary report to store the data.
-Suitable for coaches and supporters who are interested in knowing the possession time of the ball of their team.