Learn which types of clouds precede thunderstorms, tornadoes or heavy rain. Discover how clouds affect precipitation, wind and visibility.
What do specific types of clouds look like? You will be able to spot each type of cloud by referencing our high quality images. How are these types of cloud formed? What weather does each type help create? In-app explanation means you can find out whether you are on or offline.
This meteorological tool is ideal for anyone with an interest in the weather.
Happy Cloud Spotting!
Adapted from a professional weather broadcast tool used by TV presenters around the world, MeteoEarth truly brings the weather to life using high-end gaming technology and extraordinary graphics.
• Navigate the 3D globe at the touch of a button
• Zoom in and out and spin seamlessly from place to place
• Pause to highlight particular weather conditions and move easily back and forward
• Save an unlimited number of favourite locations
• Track cloud movement, thunderstorms, high and low pressure systems
• Choose which layers to display (for example, cloud cover, rain or wind) – the Premium option supports the simultaneous display of several of these weather layers
This interactive app never fails to amaze and impress as you home in on a rain front moving over Europe and then smoothly move about to show cloud cover, wind streams, rain or snow heading for the Rocky Mountains. Some of the latest new features include:
• Enjoy the more detailed temperature map with beautiful visuals of the geographic terrain
• Look at the weather via images from tens of thousands of live webcams covering popular destinations around the world - through a link with webcams.travel
• Download the data and continue to use MeteoEarth even when there is no signal
You can really show off with MeteoEarth – here are just a few of the additional elements:
• Switch to climate data mode for a global overview of climatic conditions or to check the weather in a holiday destination at any time of the year
• View precise information for a specific location using the magnifying glass
• Complement your MeteoEarth forecasts with more detailed observational data from WeatherPro using a direct connection between the two apps
Choose the MeteoEarth Premium option for extended five day forecasts and full access to the Tropical Storm Tracker. It also supports checking wind conditions at any altitude right up to the jetstream; and displaying several weather layers (for example, cloud cover, rain or pressure) in combination. One subscription covers Premium services on both MeteoEarth and WeatherPro.
For status updates please follow MeteoEarth at http://twitter.com/meteoearth or visit www.MeteoEarth.com for further detail.
It will help users identify the clouds and the characteristics of each cloud.
Have you ever wondered which type of cloud brings rain.
With this reference guide you can predict what type of weather is most associated with what cloud.
‘MyWorldWeather’ is a smartphone version of the World Weather Information Service (WWIS) website,which is the first website presenting official weather information on selected cities provided by National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) worldwide.WWIS aims to provide authoritative and reliable weather information from the authoritative NMHSs internet users and media.The WWIS website was developed and maintained by the Hong Kong Observatory (HKO) on behalf of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). With collaboration of other members of the WMO, the WWIS is now available in ten language versions.
WWIS website: http://worldweather.wmo.int/
Keywords: "World Weather", "My World Weather", "Weather"