Think you know what kind of President you would make?
Think you’d make a good one?
Well, now you can find out!
THE STORY GAME:
“The President 2012” is an Interactive Fiction story that takes place right after the 2012 U.S. Presidential Elections. You are now the President and must decide which decisions you will make as a wide range of urgent issues present themselves to you and your Cabinet.
Sometimes your staff and Cabinet members will agree with your choices; at other times they won’t. Senators will oppose your choices to head up various government positions. Business leaders will fight you. America’s enemies will definitely test you.
Do you really think you’re a conservative? Are you more of an Independent? Fancy yourself a Liberal? The choices you make in “The President 2012” might reveal things about you that you never suspected!
•Each decision you make during the course of the play is tracked. At the end of play, your first day as President of the United States is rated, based on choices you made throughout the story, and you are notified what type of Commander in Chief you are: Liberal, Conservative, or Moderate.
•Don’t like the results? Play again, make different choices, and see how your new decisions rate you.
•The story game is Fun “learn while you play” interactive storytelling that examines important political, social, environmental, business, and personal issues of today.
As the story progresses, more than a dozen situations are presented to you that each require you to make a decision. Your decisions move the story forward and rate your performance as President.
YOUR V.P. AND CABINET MEMBERS:
Vice President Gwenn Rafferty
Chief of Staff Daniel Johnson
Press Secretary Dianna Federson
Secretary of State Nancy Williams
Secretary of Defense Roger Metcalf
Secretary of Labor Nathaniel I. Jakes
Secretary of the Treasury Billy Ecklestein
Secretary of Homeland Security Najat Ulimar
Secretary of the Department of Energy Edgerton Hamm
Secretary of Health & Human Services Dr. Barbara Chad-Kubra
Factory workers and manufacturing managers
The Secretaries of Labor and of Housing and Urban Development
White House Oval Office
White House Press Room
White House Rose Garden
President’s Private Lounge
President’s Living Quarters
Senate Subcommittee Chambers
White House Cabinet Meeting Room
A wide range of issues throw themselves at you—which you must deal with—including:
Taxes and Wages
Rising Cost of Oil
The Death Penalty
Jobs and Education
Healthcare and Medicare
Welfare--Corporate and Private
Business Regulations and Lobbyists
North Korea’s push to Launch a Satellite
Iran’s Nuclear Program and a US Oil Embargo
The President’s son got in a scuffle at school and got a bloody nose
...And all on your first day on the job!
At the end of play, your first day as President of the United States is rated, based on choices you made throughout the story, and you are informed what type of President you are: Liberal, Conservative, or Moderate.
Don’t like the results? Play again, make different choices, and see how your new decisions rate you!
“The President 2012”
What kind of President would you make?
THIS IS NOT A VIDEO GAME, but a game of choices.
If you ever felt like questioning the choices of the US President, now you can have an opportunity to make Presidential decisions. Here is your chance to sit in the Oval Office and learn the outcomes of your decisions—both good and bad.
Think you can do a better job? With this unique app you will learn about the many variables involved with making some of the most influential decisions in history. Or maybe you'll just have fun!
This is POTUS DEMOCRAT! POTUS REPUBLICAN and POTUS DEMOCRAT versions have distinctly different scenarios, so give them both a try—download them now!
- Asynchronous games: WarLight games can be played at your own pace. Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time. Take your turns when it's convenient and WarLight will wait for you.
- No microtransactions: WarLight won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. You win or lose WarLight games based on your strategy, not your wallet.
- Faster games: All players can take their turn at the same time, which allows WarLight games to move along significantly faster than other Risk-like games.
- Customizable: WarLight has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings you can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Maps: WarLight has hundreds of hand-made maps to choose from, with more being added all the time. Or you can design your own!
- Strategic battles and tournaments: WarLight has a finely-tuned 1v1 and 2v2 experience, which makes for great competitive play.
- Cards: WarLight has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, Abandon Card, and more!
- Luck is controllable: The luck modifier allows you to control how much luck affects your game.
- Tournaments: Create your own tournaments and compete!
- Ladders: WarLight has three ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
WarLight works great on phones, and even better on tablets!