The Learning Arches are a method for designing transparent, collaborative and experiential learning journeys. Learning Arches unlock student engagement and ownership by promoting an act > learn > adapt > repeat learning style, which in turn supports a more adaptive and collaborative leadership model. The app and associated processes are the result of 6+ years of development by Simon Kavanagh and the work he has done in creating and exploring the Learning Arch Design Method.
The app is a tool for teachers, trainers and consultants designed to work along with the Kaospilot analogue processes which are available as downloads within this app along with the Learning Arch Design Manual.
Learning Arches app allows you to:
1. Generate visualisations of your learning design as a learning journey.
2. Produce high-resolution printed PDFs to share with your students, clients, faculty and stakeholders.
3. DEFINE and DESIGN learning journeys and programs from top down (curriculum inspired) or bottom up (emergent) to create new and powerful learning experiences and curricula.
4. Explore the emergence of: new combinations and grouping of content; learning styles; ideas for practice, execution and evaluation; increase engagement, transparency, ownership and relevance.
5. DEFINE how all content, learning periods and arches will be set, held and landed for maximum clarity, alignment, practice and continuity.
6. Gain confidence as a learning designer and facilitator in delivering and unpacking the learning, experience and content whilst supporting dialogue and incremental changes.