gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
More on http://noinnion.com/greader
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* If you still get ads: Clear the cache of the market and check the license in gReader again (Menu->More->Check License)
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://noinnion.com/greader/support
* Beta: http://noinnion.com/greader/updates
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro
* Support developers
* Ad-Free version
* Better Widgets
* Better Podcasts features
* Custom Notification
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark, Sepia, Blue, Green
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
Please NOTE: We updated this App. After download you will be asked to upgrade!
Start listening to CNN, FOX news, USA TODAY and many other websites.
Enjoy this free offering of professional text to speech, providing a clear & natural reading voice experience from any website.
Real time news articles are read aloud for you while driving your car, jogging, cooking or even drifting to sleep.
Our voice reading technology was covered by AOL & Techcrunch.
- Read aloud latest articles & news updates from leading worldwide websites.
- Professional graded website reader with premium Text To Speech for clear & natural reading voice experience.
- User friendly interface. Listening to more than 220 websites is just a one click away.
- Overcome difficulties of reading small letters from mobile devices (This website reader is great for people searching for dyslexia apps & visually impaired apps)
- Full Bluetooth Support for your car's Bluetooth speakers.
Best voice app for reading aloud news you care about, powered with state of the art voice reading technology.
Try our website reader yourself and have your favorite websites read aloud.
Tags: website reader; website; reader; voice; aloud;
Now you can!
"Currents Web Viewer" lets you quickly open all Google Currents articles into a fast, embedded full screen browser or any installed browser of your choice.
Simply use the "Share" taskbar button to send any article to "Currents Web Viewer" and enjoy reading it in your web browser.
- Open in web browser any Google Currents article using the "Share" taskbar button
- Option to choose embedded web browser or any installed browser (or system default one if any)
- Simple, fast embedded web browser that let you go back to Google Currents using the navigation toolbar, even if you followed several links.
- Option to hide embedded web browser toolbar for a full-screen browsing experience
Current supported languages: English, Italian.
If you want to help the translation, you can go here:
Keywords: Currents, Article, Viewer, Browser, Open In
A very simple, clean and easy-to-use widget to present RSS feeds on your home and/or lock screen. It does what it's meant to do, taking up minimal fraction of your phone's memory.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- One-click save to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper and Readability.
- No AD.
- Offline reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support swipe left and right in article list page
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
EasyRSS is an unofficial Google Reader app for Android, aiming at providing the best user experience for users to read and manage Google Reader items.
- Sync with Google Reader
- Image downloading for off-line reading
- Simple swipe between starred/all/unread items
- Manage starred items
- View items by tag or subscription
- State saving & syncing
- Slide up & down to move between items
- Font size adjustment
Note: Google Reader account required
Why permissions android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS and android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS are needed?
EasyRSS need to acquire the Google accounts on your phone, to make it easier for users to log in.
Special thanks to @teki207 and @soyofuki for Spanish and Japanese translation.
- Disable GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1 devises (for it may cause native crash).
- Enabling GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1/4.2 devices.
- UI updates for popup windows.
- Performance improvements when switching between items.
- Fix re-start of the app when orientation changes.
- Fix bug in syncing (unable to sync sometimes).
- GPU acceleration support.
- Spanish support.
- Be able to save image to SD Card.
- Faster scrolling in viewing items.
- Fix bug in syncing when sync failed.
- Be able to change syncing interval.
- Fix several bugs in syncing.
- Faster "mark all as read".
- Be able to copy item to clipboard.
- Syncing plan optimization.
- Auto-hide item menu.
- Be able to choose between built-in and external browsers.
- UI speed up.
- Built-in browser.
- UI speed up.
- Scrolling improvements.
- Reducing view switching waiting time.
- Setting to turn off mark all as read confirmation.
- UI updates.
- In-app image viewing.
- UI performance improvements.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash when syncing.
- Fix crash bug on some Android devises.
- UI improvements, more fluent scrolling and improved menu bar in item reading interface.
- Faster "Mark all as read".
- Showing "1000+" instead of "1000" when there're more than 1000 items.
- Fix a UI issue on ICS machines.
- Dark theme support.
- More sharing options (support sending item content to Google+, etc.)
- Larger font support.
- Turn back to home screen after "mark all as read".
- Fix a bug in "mark previous as read".
- (IMPORTANT) UI update.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash in syncing.
Keywords: RSS, Google Reader, NewsRob, gReader
☆ Swipe for faster browsing
☆ Optional navigation with volume-buttons
☆ View and download attached media files
☆ Cache articles and images locally
☆ Share URLs
☆ Easily mark things as read, starred or publish/comment them
☆ SSL with self-signed certificates
☆ Fast JSON-Parsing with stream-based parser GSON
☆ Scheduled updates via Tasker/Locale
☆ Layout optimized for tablets
☆ Dark and light themes available
☆ many more, Changelog and Feature-List can be found on the project-page...
You need to enable the API for the user-account in the user-preferences.
• "modify/delete SD card contents": Download of attached media files, ImageCache.
• "full Internet access": Connection to your Server.
• "view network state": Check for mobile network/wifi.
• "control vibrator": Vibrate when last article is reached.
• "wake lock": Keep CPU running, necessary for the ImageCache.
Q: Why can't I update this app ("Signature incorrect" error)?
A: Remove the application and install it again. Sorry about that but it's the only way. And not my fault. Someone included this app in a custom android build on your device or you installed it from a third-party-source and it isn't signed with my key, so there is no way you can update it.
Q: When I switch to offline-mode, how do I know when the caching is done?
A: There is no caching. The only difference to normal mode is that no connectivity is necessary and changes are stored locally. When switching to online again the spinning indicator should show while changes are uploaded. Caching occurs only when starting the app (everything except images) or the ImageCache is started (everything).
Q: Why don't articles appear as "read" when I did read them on my PC?
A: Most of the time this is no problem at all. But. There is simply no way to get this information from the Server-API. I have to guess how many articles could have been read since the last update of the local data and would probably transmit much more data then necessary in the end. So it *can* happen. But mostly it doesn't.
Q: Quote from the comments: "SSL doesn't work anymore -> deinstall"
A: Yeah, deinstall. Don't want people like you around. Thanks. My fault. I broke some functionality by trying to make the app more secure and I didn't have the resources to make sure this didn't happen. Mostly because THIS THING IS FREE. I fixed it btw, but people like you don't care. So yeah, deinstall please.
Please feel free to contact me via mail or on the project-page, I am happy to receive bug-reports, feature-requests, donations or (of course) also critique.