More from developer
* Aligned with all Common Core Standards for informational text
* Reading passages are integrated with popular social studies and science themes.
* Question sets focusing on main idea, sequencing, contextual vocabulary, and passage details are included
* Passages and questions mirror those found on state-mandated standardized test.
* These tests are taken 35,000 times each day by students and adults throughout the world.
* Built by Mr. Nussbaum - a public school teacher with experience in grades 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
* Score recording function includes scores on all tests taken, average score if taken multiple times, and time and date test was taken.
* Optional timer
* Optional "Change Font Size" feature
* Optional text highlighting feature in four different colors
* Optional feature that automatically records score if test in refreshed or exited before it is finished (cheating detection)
In Tony Fraction's Pizza Shop, you have five minutes to sell as many pizzas as possible using your equivalent fractions skills. Be careful though. You customers expect you to fulfill their strange fractional orders. See below for an example:
Step 1.) Read the customer order. A sample customer order might read “I’ll have a large pizza, 1/2 pepperoni, 2/5 mushrooms and 1/10 bacon”
Step 2.) Select pizza size. In this case, select “large”. This will cause the denominator to change to 10, as a large pizza has ten slices.
Step 3 and 4.) Select toppings. First, click on pepperoni and apply to half of the pizza (5 slices). Next, click on mushrooms and apply it to 2/5 of the pizza (4 slices). Finally, click on bacon and apply it to 1/10 of the pizza (1 slice). NOTE – if you make a mistake, select a different pizza size and then re-select the original pizza size to get a new pizza.
Step 5) Click on “send”. If you are correct, you will make a sale. Incorrect pizzas will cost you! Enjoy the game!
Common Core Skills:
You can see the online version in action at http://mrnussbaum.com/draggable/index2/
You can also change the background view to blank, lined, or graph paper.
*Alphabet sequence (when string does not start with A)
* Counting by 2
* Counting by 3
* Counting by 4
* Counting by 5
* Counting by 6
* Counting by 7
* Counting by 8
* Counting by 9
* Comparing Numbers
* Number Sense
* Multiplication Foundation
"mathepillar" turn into a beautiful butterfly. Simply touch the correct answer for each addition and subtraction problem and watch your mathepillar start out as an egg, hatch into a "mathepillar," form a chrysalis, and eventually emerge as a beautiful butterfly.
Recommended for ages 4-6
Basic addition to 9
Basic subtraction to 9
Caterpillar/Butterfly Life Cycle
This simple game reinforces letter sounds, sight words, and matching words with pictures.
Numbers between 1-100
Numbers between tens
Science/Social Studies cross-curricular studies