New ChooseIt! Numeracy App based on the BETT Award winning ChooseIt Ready-made Series from Inclusive Technology. ChooseIt! Numeracy contains over 230 activities with over 6,000 pages of simple multiple choice activities.
ChooseIt! Numeracy has a simple and consistent presentation, clear language, switch accessibility and full audio support which has made them a valuable resource for children with special needs. Performance reporting is built-in.
Each activity consists of a graded sequence of 20 to 40 simply presented multiple choice questions. Correct answers result in a short animated sequence with music and spoken reinforcement while a fun ‘monkey story’ game adds to the motivation.
Full speech support and switch access options provide access to learning by almost all students and simple performance reporting allows you to record student progress. These activities were designed by a teacher and Maths ICT Coordinator with over 20 years’ experience in primary and special schools.
FOUNDATION SHAPE, SPACE & MEASURE:
These 25 activities cover colour, 2D and 3D shape, positional words, opposites, sequencing shapes and time awareness (non-clock time).
KEY STAGE 1 SHAPE, SPACE & MEASURE:
Includes 21 activities covering matching and recognition of geometric 2D and 3D shapes, sequencing shapes, counting sides, nets, weight, length, capacity, and planes and symmetry.
32 activities designed to give pupils revision in their knowledge learnt in practical lessons about numbers one to three.
NUMBER 0 TO 5:
21 graded activities covering comparison of quantity, counting sets of objects, counting on (rote counting), counting back, numeral recognition and matching sets to numerals.
NUMBER 5 TO 10:
These 23 graded activities cover odd one out sets, counting sets, counting on (rote counting), numeral recognition, more than, less than and simple addition up to 10.
NUMBER 0 TO 100:
23 activities based around the 100 square, covering more than, less than, counting in 2s, 5s, 10s etc., number bonds in 10s and doubling.
MONEY (UK ONLY):
Over 25 activities about money, from coin recognition to working out change. Includes ‘What can you afford?’ activities. Coin images include enhanced photographs, giving greater realism whilst retaining clarity for VI students.
24 activities around time, from times on-the-hour up to counting on and back in units of 5 minutes, and everything in between. Many of these activities give you a choice of analogue or digital clocks. Time also includes an activity on weeks, months and seasons.
Key features to help include all learners:
• Accessible using touch or single and two switch scanning.
• Designed by experienced teachers to provide a structured approach to basic number and space concepts and associated language.
• Clear spoken and written questions - use the speaker button to repeat.
• Simple layout with a minimum of distraction to allow the child to focus on the activity.
• Multiple choice activities carefully graded in small steps.
• Ideal for learners with visual and perceptual difficulties.
• Real voice recorded audio to model good pronunciation.
• Save your results to the Gallery. Indicates when child is ready to move on, needs more practice or should try an easier activity.