Old Wilfred is trying to get some sleep, touch the door or press one switch to let in a noisy musician. Touch Wilfred or press the second switch and he will say Shhhh! to send the music away. Or listen to the whole tune and keep Wilfred awake!
This activity has been designed to provide an error-less activity to develop early touch and targeting skills as well as helping a switch user develop the concept that two switches can control a single activity. Clear bright graphics on a dark screen with great sound effects make this game ideal for users with visual or perceptual difficulties.
The clear simple presentation and great feedback make this a really fun activity for young children and provides lots of opportunity for language development and turn taking.
This activity uses large clear targets to encourage the user to develop a controlled touch to move on from random touching to making deliberate choices.
• Two clear targets to encourage locating and touching skills.
• Clear black background to help children with visual impairments locate the targets.
• Accepts input from currently available switch interfaces.
• Turn taking opportunities using touch or two switches.
• Errorless fun to explore the use of two switches.
• Learn that two switches can control a single activity.