VOR Tracker is a small but powerful training tool for pilots. It is the only one of its kind for smartphones and tablets.
VOR Tracker is a real simulation, so you will find no multiple choice questions or abstract explanations. You can actually practice IFR procedures in real time, using either a RMI or HSI.
Practice holding patterns, DME arcs, radial interceptions and 2 needle tracking. It is practice what it is all about! There is no need for explaining again and again what you already know from flight school. It is about applying your knowledge when the instruments start moving!
Chose between a VOR and NDB and get used to the different characteristics. The NDB comes with atmospheric disturbances and an adjustable dip error to match the instrument you are used to.
Don’t waste your time trying to imagine what you would do in the aircraft – just do it!
VOR Tracker is designed for:
- Student pilots who have the theoretical knowledge needed for flying IFR procedures, and want to save money by preparing for their training
- Pilots who want to refresh their lateral navigation skills for an upcoming check ride
- Pilots going for an assessment. Holding patterns and interceptions are commonly used during sim assessments and can really spoil the day. Being prepared will make the difference!
- People who have the knowledge of flying IFR procedures and want to give it a try
VOR Tracker is NOT:
- a game
- a flight simulator – it only focuses on HSI/RMI navigation at a constant speed and altitude
- a course teaching you how to fly IFR procedures
Still interested? Read on to find out what VOR Tracker is capable of.
- Choose between RMI or HSI
- Use the instrument like you would do in the real aircraft
- Use the map mode to verify your progress
- Lost? Use the help function to display the holding pattern entries in the map mode
- Things are going a bit too fast? Use the freeze mode to orientate
- Getting bored in straight flight? Use the fast mode
- You want to start over or change the aircraft’s position or heading? Just drag & drop, or twist the aircraft symbol
- Practice a particular holding pattern or interception exercise over and over again from new, random starting positions using the reposition button
- Start with no wind and increase the difficulty later on by adding wind
- Getting settled? Why not increase the aircraft’s speed in the settings menu?
- Customize your own missions and adjust the wind the way you want
- Use the hidden wind function to add a realistic challenge
- Analyze your progress in the map mode. Rewind and start over. The original track line will still be displayed for proper comparison
- Share your flights! Post your missions on Facebook or Twitter, send them to a friend, or add them to your study notes
Prepare yourself without wasting expensive flight time – use VOR Tracker to brush up your skills!