Since bears are typically quiet animals, it is rare to hear a bear vocalize, even if you are fortunate (or unfortunate!) enough to see one in the wild, at a wildlife refuge, or in a zoo. Because bear vocalizations are so rare, the sounds in this app are very special and a great way to learn!
Bears, including grizzly bears, black bears, brown bears and even polar bears, make a variety of noises. These sounds include groans, tongue clicks, moans and huffs (made by expelling air loudly). Scary roars like you see in the movies are quite rare! A bear’s more subtle noises, such as tongue clicks and grunts, are typically used to communicate with cubs or other bears in a friendly manner, while huffing may indicate fear and louder moans or bellows are typically used only for intense situations when the bear is fighting or defending its cubs.
Check out the app to experience real bear sounds like you’ve never heard before!
App features include the full schedule, live stage info, directions, web links, and weather!
- Quick Access contact info for the SCEDP
- Map of SCEDP Location in Stone County
- Business Member Directory
- Business Partner Directory
- Online application for joining the SCEDP
- Listing of available commercial property in Stone County
- Upcoming Calendar of Events in Stone County
- Useful links for Tourism, Weather, Outdoor attractions, Golf, Lodging, Camping and more!