Designed with busy physicians in mind, Prognosis: Your Diagnosis presents an engaging series of clinical case scenarios which assess the decision making skills of the player.
Each scenario takes only a few minutes to play, and is accompanied by a comprehensive yet concise discussion of the diagnostic reasoning involved, and the key lessons applicable to day to day practice.
All case scenarios are based on real-life patients, and have been reviewed by our editorial panel of 120+ specialist physicians spanning 27 specialties.
This award winning app is a great way for practicing physicians to develop and maintain their clinical acumen in a risk-free setting.
Prognosis: Your Diagnosis is also useful practice material for medical students and other healthcare professionals facing their academic and professional licensure exams.
A new scenario is added weekly, ready to be downloaded onto our list of 150+ clinical cases.
- #1 ranked medical app in the USA
- 'Dr House for Doctors' - Discover Magazine
- “One of the five best apps for doctors’ - Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSE)
- Best Health App at the World Summit Awards 2012
- "Worth a download. In a very short time, learned a few new things already."
- "A fun way to view cases. Great for medical students and also nurses - also great for long time MDs. This is just fun !"
- "As an academic physician this is a great teaching tool!"
For comments, criticisms or to share ideas on new cases, contact us at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you!
Note on permissions:
We use Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) to send you a notification each week, when a new case is released.
- GCM requires the following permissions: "FIND ACCOUNTS ON THE DEVICE", "FULL NETWORK ACCESS", "RECEIVE DATA FROM INTERNET", and "PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING".
The approach has been created by Bernard Uitdehaag, professor of clinical neuroepidemiology and neurologist at the MS Center Amsterdam of the VU University Medical Center in The Netherlands.
The App also provides definitions of an attack (exacerbation) and for monofocal and multifocal clinical presentation. In addition the App has typical examples of the key presentations of MS on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): periventricular, juxtacortical, infratentorial and in the spinal cord.
The App is designed for use by medical professionals, in particular neurologists.
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
Preview – View select topics to experience how you can quickly find a correct nursing diagnosis and move forward to complete a specific care plan.
Buy – Purchase Nursing Diagnosis Handbook at any time using your Google Play account.
Sign In – Current subscribers can download the entire resource to their device by entering their username and password.
About Nursing Diagnosis Handbook:
Nursing Diagnosis Handbook delivers the essential information needed to quickly reach an accurate nursing diagnosis and write effective care plans. Users can locate suggested nursing diagnoses for 1,300 signs and symptoms, medical diagnoses, surgeries, and disorders, then link directly to 200+ detailed sample care plans. Topics contain citations with links to the PubMed database making Nursing Diagnosis Handbook the perfect evidence-based guide for practicing nurses and nursing students.
Features of Nursing Diagnosis Handbook include:
• Cross-reference links from diagnoses to care plans
• Suggested nursing diagnoses for 1,300+ patient symptoms
• 200+ detailed care plans for NANDA-I accepted diagnoses
• Pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, home and critical care nursing interventions
• PubMed links to evidence-based research
• Nursing references identified in each care plan
• Root Cause Thinking to determine underlying causes of disease
• Universal Index Search help find terms across all indexes
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
Authors: Betty J. Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN; Gail B. Ladwig, MSN, RN
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, covers basic principles of diagnostic testing, common blood, urine and cerebrospinal fluid laboratory tests, therapeutic drug monitoring, microbiologic test selection and interpretation and diagnostic imaging tests by body system, electrocardiography, and differential diagnosis tables & algorithms.
- Tests used in internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, neurology and obstetrics and gynecology
- Costs and risks of diagnostic tests
- Evidence-based information
- Includes diseases associated with abnormal test results, including test sensitivities
- More than 24 new clinical laboratory test entries, 6 new differential diagnosis tables
- 5 new diagnostic algorithms
- Enable readers to understand commonly used diagnostic tests and diagnostic approaches to common disease states
- A new sections on point-of-care testing, provider-performed microscopy, pharmacogenetic testing, and diagnostic echocardiography
- Expanded content regarding molecular and genetic tests
- More than two dozen new clinical laboratory test entries, including: C-reactive protein, high sensitivity (hs-CRP); G20210A mutation; hepatitis C virus genotyping; HIV resistance testing; etc
- Added microbiologic test for emerging and reemerging pathogens and infectious agents
Diagnose is a novel medical app which aids in the diagnosis of common internal medicine conditions. The app allows users to incorporate validated findings from the history, physical examination and investigations to calculate an evidence-based likelihood of disease. This app is intended for use by internal medicine physicians and trainees, with the goal of improving patient care and medical education at the bedside.
When examining a patient with a presumptive diagnosis, such as stroke, physicians can now see in real-time how specific findings on the history, physical exam and laboratory evaluation of patients alters the likelihood of disease.
"Diagnose is a fantastic app that encourages the application of evidence-based medicine in clinical practice."
- Daniel Schwartz, MD
Note: this app is available in all countries/territories, but is in ENGLISH. It is not available in any translations.
Avez–vous déjà eu un doute diagnostique dans votre consultation ?
Cela peut arriver souvent surtout quand il s'agit d'une maladie rare ou dont le diagnostique nécessite un certain nombre de critères.
Plus besoin de consulter vos gros bouquins, cette application vous facilite la tache.
Elle regroupe l'ensemble des critères diagnostiques des maladies de système et vous permet un accès permanent simple et facile sans connexion internet aux différents critères diagnostiques validés et mis à jour pour les maladies de système ainsi que certaines pathologies rhumatismales.
L'application contient une fonctionnalité de recherche rapide pour accéder facilement aux maladies.
Pour tout feedback, prière de cliquer sur le bouton menu de votre appareil à l'intérieur de l'application.
Mots clefs : Critères diagnostiques des maladies de système, connectivites, vascularites, pathologies rhumatismales.
Mit der kostenlosen Diagnose-Hilfe lassen sich Ihre Beschwerden bestimmten Krankheiten zuordnen. Ob Frau, Mann oder Kind, Sie können sich mit Ihrem individuellen Profil einfach und schnell einen Überblick über Ihre mögliche Krankheit verschaffen. Alle Symptome (Krankheitsanzeichen) sind mit umgangssprachlichen Begriffen (Synonymen) beschrieben, um Ihnen die Auswahl des richtigen Symptoms zu erleichtern.
Eine Hilfefunktion erklärt wie Symptome, Diagnosen und Krankheiten ausgewählt und gefunden werden.
Zusätzlich haben Sie zu den möglichen Krankheiten anschauliche, patientenverständliche Informationstexte zur Verfügung, die von Experten verfasst und ständig auf dem neusten Stand gehalten werden!
Die Diagnose-Hilfe kann und will den Arzt nicht ersetzen! Sie hilft aber dabei, den Patienten über mögliche Krankheiten zu informieren.
Die Diagnose-Hilfe von enpevita setzt eine Registrierung voraus, ist frei von Interessen Dritter und ohne Werbung.
Keywords: Diagnose, Symptome, Krankheiten, Hilfe, Beschwerden, Schmerz
When every second counts, turn to Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment (QMDT)--the ultimate on-call and office companion. This streamlined, alphabetically arranged reference delivers evidence-based diagnosis and treatment information on more than 950 diseases and disorders regularly encountered in hospital and outpatient settings.
This is a fully functional trial!
* Immediate access to critical information -Content derived from CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment (CMDT), the world's most trusted annually updated internal medicine text
* Disease entries include Key Features, Clinical Findings, Diagnosis, Treatment, Outcomes, and Evidence
Updated periodically to ensure clinical information is accurate and up to date
Maxine A. Papadakis, MD Professor of Medicine Associate Dean of Students School of Medicine University of California, San Francisco
Stephen J. McPhee, MD Professor of Medicine, Emeritus Division of General Internal Medicine Department of Medicine University of California, San Francisco
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A Learning Tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
- Disease Description. This provides a detailed and comprehensive description of the disease. This information is presented in a clear and simple format that allows understanding of the disease process and the resulting signs, symptoms and possible complications.
- Signs and Symptoms. A complete description of all the signs and symptoms associated with this particular disease.
- Other Conditions to Consider. This provides a list of other conditions which may have similar symptoms, and should be considered in a differential diagnosis. Complete information on these diseases is provided if they are included in the database.
- Investigations. A detailed list of recommended investigations which may be used to validate or refute the diagnosis. This includes laboratory tests, radiography, imaging, surgery and all other relevant investigations
- Treatment. A comprehensive and detailed description of current recommended treatments, including dosages
- Patient Management. Things the patient can do to assist in treatment where applicable.
This information is intended to fully inform the patient about all aspects of their PROBABLE DIAGNOSIS and other conditions with similar symptoms so that they will be able to better understand and actively participate in their medical care.
Rapid Diagnosis is not a substitute for a diagnosis made by a qualified medical practitioner, based on a thorough examination and appropriate investigations. All diagnosis made with this software should be confirmed by a qualified medical practitioner.
The primary objective of this software is to encourage an active interest in health related problems, their diagnosis and treatment, and to empower patients by providing them with accurate, up to date knowledge, so that they may understand and participate in their health care.
With this app we offer all health care professions (Nurses, Doctors…) homogeneous assessment tools as questionnaires, tests and validated indexes, in order to facilitate the assessment of health needs and problems of the people we attend and take care of in our daily clinical practice.
Nurse test determines the results of each questionnaire indicating what each figure is equivalent to, saves an individual record data for each patient, which can then be printed later for a Medical Report. You only have to pass the questionnaire; the App will automatically handle everything.
With the interpretation of the questionnaires the knowledge about those patients will be improved. Interpretations won’t be valid if the instructions for each questionnaire are not followed. And, of course, all results should be interpreted by qualified health professionals.
This application is meant to be useful. That is the reason why not all the possible questionnaires are present, but a selection has been made based on criteria of validity, reliability and awareness. These questionnaires are used by professionals in different levels of care (primary care, hospital care, geriatric care, mental health), facilitating continuity of care between levels.
Applying questionnaires, tests or validated, reliable and aware indexes, provides a greater scientific rigor in professional practice, improving care for people who entrust us their care.
- Newborn Health Test.APGAR
- Nicotine dependence. Fagerstrom Test
- Richmond’s Test. Motivation to quit smoking.
- Detecting alcoholism. Cage Camufaldo.
- Detecting alcoholism. Malt-0
- Risk scale of Pressure Sores. Norton
- Anorexia bulimia. Scoff
- Know your nutritional health
- Risk scale of Pressure Sores. Braden
- Risk scale of Pressure Sores. Emina
- Rating vascular ulcers. Wagner
- Nutritional status evaluation scales.MNA
- Questionnaire of fall risk in hospitals. Morse
- Dyspnoea scale. Modified MRC
- Functional classification of the New York Heart Association (NYHA) for congestive heart failure
- Multiple falls risk scale.
- Activity Scale. Karnofsky
- Screening for dementia. Informant Test
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Post-anaesthesia recovery test. Aldrete
- Level of Sedation Scale. Ramsay
- Cognitive deterioration screening. Pfeiffer
- Post-anaesthetic recovery Test in ambulatory surgery. Revised Aldrete
- Neonatal Pain Scale
- Geriatric Depression Scale. Yesavage V15 Test
- Geriatric Depression Scale. Yesavage V5 Test
- Screening test for eating disorders. Scoff
- Rating Scale body dissatisfaction in adolescents. EEICA
- Plutchik suicide risk scale.
- Hamilton Anxiety Scale
- Perception of family function. Family Apgar questionnaire
- Duke-unc Questionnaire
- Social risk. Sociofamiliar rating scale
- Overload questionnaire for caregivers. Zarit
- Caregiver’s effort index
- International index of erectile function
- Beck Hopelessness Scale
- Young Mania Rating Scale
- Autonomy for Activities of Daily Living. Barthel amended by Granger et Alt
- Oviedo’s questionnaire about sleep
- Urinary incontinence questionnaire ICIQ-SF
- Health fragility test. Barber’s Test
- it's simple to use
- informative on different medical conditions
- uses easy-to-understand language
- offers useful health calculators
- provides nutrition information
The application doesn't intend to replace a doctor but rather to inform the patients and make them more aware. Doctor's advice is always preferred but it may not always be available.
For comments or issues please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Customizable procedure calendars and alerts
Illustrated and detailed descriptions of all the major procedures.
-Step by step alerts to help patients complete their procedure preparations to get the most out of their procedure.
-Lists of all the physicians and their offices with one touch dialing features.
-Interactive maps to all offices and endoscopy centers.
-Direct link to the GI Associates webpage.
-Ability to audio record notes of office visits
-Links to instructional videos
GI glycemic index is ideal for people who want to control the amount of glucose in the blood, either to take control of the diabetes or to diets low glycemic level. Quick and intuitive, easy to search for food by filtering according to their level.
With over 300 food glycemic index GI is the best choice you can find on google play and is totally free.
Download it Now!
By logging this information as often as possible, you can share the total picture of your health with your healthcare team and, together, work to improve your IBD management and quality of life.
More from developer
On the Petfinder app you can:
- Browse adoptable pets in your area or nationwide
- Search pets by breed, age, gender, and size
- Swipe and select pet photos to view in more detail
- View complete pet information and descriptions
- “Favorite” adoptable pets so you can find them again
- Add notes and comments to your favorite pet profiles
- Share pets with your friends via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter
- Get directions, call or e-mail the shelter or rescue that has your perfect pet
- Search for shelters and rescue groups near you and see each group’s adoptable pets
- Learn more about your next pet with our dog and cat breed guides
- Read touching Happy Tail adoption stories
Help make Petfinder great! It's important to us that the Petfinder app work how you need it, when you need it, but we need your help tracking down any bugs. If you experience a problem with the app, please contact us at email@example.com. This will help us get the information we need to fix any problems ASAP. Thank you!
Friskies® new Cat Fishing 2 is an all-new game designed especially for cats. Tap “start” and get ready to watch your cat go for the catch of the day. The more she catches, the more challenging the game gets. Three levels of fun with one, two, and three fish at a time. And when the game is done you can share your cat's score on Facebook, or post your cat's high score on the world-wide Leaderboard.
How to play Cat Fishing 2:
• Place Device on flat surface near your cat.
• Tap “start.”
• Watch your cat score points.
• If your cat stops playing for 30 seconds or more, the game will "meow" to attract her attention
• Reward your cat for winning. (We suggest some Friskies® Seafood Sensations®.)
Please be aware that in our experience, the bare glass screen holds up trouble-free to a cat’s claws, but plastic add-on screen protectors might not.
Check out our other games for cats — You vs. Cat, and Happy Wings!
As any moth will tell you… Kitty can’t resist things with wings. Now Friskies®, the creators of web-famous Catfishing games that are guaranteed to enchant your cat for whole… seconds… of time, introduces… Friskies® Happy Wings.
Welcome to a garden full of flittering critters, including a charming Hummingbird, an irresistible Moth and a life-size Little Dragonfly.
Designed for a Cat’s Sense of Play
Think of Happy Wings as an electronic garden. It’s a harmless way for kitty to “engage” with creatures that flit, float, buzz and hover. And this fits perfectly with the Friskies® feeding philosophy: bringing the richness, variety and fun of the great outdoors… inside. Yep. Wait for it… Feed the Senses.
• Multiple garden-like settings with ambient sounds. Birds, Moths, Dragonflies each dance across the screen in teasing patterns to attract the cat’s attention.
• When the cat captures a certain number of creatures, the game setting changes, the patterns become quicker, and multiple creatures appear together.
• Once the game has escalated though a few levels the cat is rewarded with a "You Won" and a cat-friendly Play Again button; meaning that, presumably, the cat can participate in continuous play without human intervention. Repeat: presumably.
So… you know this game has to be fairly basic, right? Right.
Fling the playing pieces onto the field towards the goal at the top. If kitty catches the playing piece before it goes into the goal, kitty wins 10 points. If the piece goes into the goal, you win 10 points.
Each game is played for the best of 50 total points. All points for Humans and Cats are added to the You vs. Cat World-Wide Leaderboard.
Check out our other games for cats — Friskies® Catfishing, Catfishing 2, and Jitterbug
* In our experience the bare glass screen on many devices hold up trouble-free to a cat's claws. Plastic add-on screen protectors? Not so much.
Friskies® You vs. Cat Gaming Tips for Humans
The point of You vs. Cat isn’t to humiliate your kitty. You want to set your cat up for a positive experience. Because, trust us, that’s a lot more fun.
• LET’S START WITH YOU: Begin by practicing moving the icons alone to get the hang of it before asking your cat to play the game.
• NOW, IT’S KITTY TIME: Take your cat to a quiet room with controlled lighting. Make sure the lighting is low so that the icons are well illuminated.
• COMFORTABLE SEATING: Place your cat on a cat bed or comfortable mat. This will help keep your cat in place to play the game.
• NOW BACK TO YOU, HUMAN: Touch the icons and fling towards the side of the tablet; pull your hand back to see if the movements naturally peak your cats interest.
• TREATS ARE ALWAYS GOOD: You may want to have some Friskies® cat treats on hand to keep your cats interested in the game. When your cats hit the icon reward them.
• HEY, PLAY NICE! Start the icons at a lower speed and as your cat becomes an expert gamer you can rev up.
• If your cat becomes overly stimulated by the games and begins to scratch, nip, bite or any undesirable behavior starts, STOP the game and return to it again later.
• Do not attempt to play with a cat that has been sleeping or agitated for any reason. Wait until your cat is in a playful mood or actively engages you.
THE WAIT COMMAND: KEEP YOUR HANDS IN ORIGINAL CONDITION
• Begin by moving your hand toward the game icon and if the cats moves to swipe at your hand instead of the game gently move them back on their pad and say the command “Wait.”
• Move your hand back again to the starting position and before the cats move to swipe at your hand place a reward on the ground between their front legs and say “Wait.” (Make sure their front feet are on the ground when your reward them.)
• Repeat this action until you can touch the tablet without the cat swiping at your hand.
• Once the cats understand the basic wait command you can then deliver the “OK” command. Say, “Wait,” touch the icon and then say the command “OK” releasing your cat to touch the icon.
Avec l’application Felix® « Miam Miam Miaou », ses oreilles vont se redresser, et son attention sera immédiatement captée lorsqu’il entendra ses bruits favoris comme le son d’ouverture des boites Felix® , le chant du merle et bien plus encore.
Choisissez le son, appuyez sur l’écran et trouvez celui qui plait le plus à votre chat.
Certains chats sont plus réactifs que d’autres aux différents sons de l’application. Pour de meilleurs résultats, utilisez l’application plusieurs fois juste avant l’heure de son repas. Il ne faudra pas attendre bien longtemps avant que votre chat accoure dès qu’il entendra Felix « Miam Miam Miaou » !
Quand vous souhaitez utiliser « Miam Miam Miaou », veuillez mettre votre sonnerie sur « marche » pour entendre le son.
•Features an interactive Purina® Body Condition System to score your patient’s body type and educate your clients
•Calculates daily feeding recommendations in both cups/cans and kcals
•Includes diet options for many of Purina’s lines of products
•Ability to add treats to the pet’s diet
•Outputs results for you and your client in a shareable, printable, email
NOTE: This app is intended for use by veterinary professionals. A 4-digit pass code is available on www.purinaveterinarydiets.com under the Clinic Resources Tab. You will only need to enter the code the first time you open the app
Requires Adobe Air
For more information, and other versions, go to: http://www.purinaveterinarydiets.com/Veterinarian/Support/FeedingGuideSoftware.aspx
Join us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/Purina
Visit us on the web to learn more about products, pet health and more: www.Purina.com
Also available on your mobile device: m.purina.com