As one of four interactive tablet apps in the Adventures on Pepi’s Island social skills curriculum,
Behaviorland teaches elementary-age children how to communicate and behave more positively in social situations.
The child plays this game with a parent, teacher, or counselor, hosted on a virtual island by Pepi, a talkative, savvy parrot. Bee Havior is a friendly little bee who takes Players around her amusement park and teaches them about verbal and nonverbal communication, positive self-esteem, anger management, bullying, and many other social topics.
Players visit amusement park rides and attractions in 12 chapters. After learning concepts from Bee Havior, the app presents real life social situations for Players to solve through multiple choice or by typing short answers. Players earn points and collect “treasure” tokens in their Treasure Chest and can see their progress with a colorful turtle piece on their Game Board.
• This game-based adventure is especially helpful to children (ages 6-12) who have
difficulty making friends, have low self-esteem, or show disruptive social behaviors.
• Up to four players can use the app with individualized scoring.
• Tablet sound should be turned on to benefit from multi-media content.
• All curriculum functions contained in app; wifi connection needed to access
• Players are awarded a Friendly Bee Badge at the end of this fun and educational
Keywords: Making friends, bullying, teasing, self-control, attention issues, self-esteem, socially challenged